Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #1065
Sapphire

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickswe View Post
YellowCammy, 13lstuner,

Thanks. I am actually not very satisfied for the moment. Need to add more volume... Just increased the food intake with one more box of food every day and will add one more "cheat day" since I have added one more leg day each week now. My friend who's a professional bodybuilder here in Dallas is always pushing me to eat more lol ! It's hard to eat when you're not hungry :P
Must be nice to be able to stuff your face and look incredible! super jealous right now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
I knew you was going to say that!
what can I say I love to look at hot guys, sue me!
Old 05-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #1066
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowCammy View Post
what can I say I love to look at hot guys, sue me!
It's a 2 way street....

Where's our pic?

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #1067
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
I'd like to add some things....and some will just add to what you stated....some will disagree with what you wrote....

With regards to cutting, that's actually not true. Like most competitive sports with weight classs, most PL's cut 10-20lbs before a meet (talking about high level competitors) especially when you get into the higher weight classes.

Prep time varies depending on your level of "fitness" (strength) and what your goal is. Also factored in would be whether or not you use ummmmm "supplementation". If you are a 200lb guy and you do a 12 week training cycle and you end up squatting and deadlifting 225 and benching 185 yeah you can probably do that week in and week out depending on sleep, home life, work, etc. If you are a 200lb guy who does a 12 week training cycle and squats 1100 (like I saw Sam Byrd do years ago) I promise you he can't do that week in and week out. Usain Bolt doesn't run 9.58 day in day out. In PL'ing, like BB, you peek as well.

I've always felt the major benefit of training with a true pl'ing program is being a more explosive, physically stronger person. It makes day to day life easier especially as you age.

Ahhh injuries and powerlifting. I'd have to agree with you if you are talking about lifting raw. I'd have to disagree with you if you are talking about a geared lifter. I dropped gear (except squat briefs) in 2006 and it's f'n amazing....I get injured now lifting raw. I'm older yes, stronger yes, but I believe it's mostly because of no gear. Most older powerlifters will tell you if gear would have been out when they were younger it would have saved their shoulders and hips. Gear acts as an exoskeleton. I will most likely be totally geared up by the end of the year.

In addition comparing BB to PL'ing injury (and correct me if I am wrong because I know jack s... about BB) but I understand your thinking the heavier the weight easier to injure....and most times if you get hurt pl'ing it's a bad injury.....but in a way wouldn't BB training be more likely to produce things like tendonitis, etc because of the amount of reps you do? Most pl'ing routines of today are either heavy weight low rep, or light weight low rep done faster. This combined with a pl'er not have to starve themselves all the time just seems like BB training would be more likely to get let's call them "normal" and not catastrophic injuries.

Just my .02 which ain't worth much
I agree with everything that I can relate to. I've never used gear so I have no idea how that affects the possibility of injury.

Oh yes you hit the nail on the head about injuries. Just generalized aches and pains especially during precontest are ever present. But I would rather that be the case than a back/knee/neck crazy injury you know?

Plus I would LOVE to compete in powerlifting I would just never go anywhere with it, so I chose bodybuilding because it still alows me to have a goal and compete.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:37 PM   #1068
Sapphire

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
It's a 2 way street....

Where's our pic?
lol ok ok when I get a free min I'll figure out something. I'll be free on Monday. but I am not a hottie, so don't think I have a sport's illustrated body
Old 05-25-2014, 05:42 PM   #1069
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post
Oh yes you hit the nail on the head about injuries. Just generalized aches and pains especially during precontest are ever present. But I would rather that be the case than a back/knee/neck crazy injury you know?

Plus I would LOVE to compete in powerlifting I would just never go anywhere with it, so I chose bodybuilding because it still alows me to have a goal and compete.
I don't know...being more of a pl'r, as sick as this sounds, I'd rather have something that put me on the shelf for a period of time rather than constant aches and pains.

I wouldn't say that. Your squat and DL are ok especially considering you train as a BB....you might surprise yourself!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 05-25-2014, 05:43 PM   #1070
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
lol ok ok when I get a free min I'll figure out something. I'll be free on Monday. but I am not a hottie, so don't think I have a sport's illustrated body
Nor do I but I posted a pic anyway

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 05-25-2014, 07:17 PM   #1071
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Nothing to be a shame... you can do it!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:19 AM   #1072
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Well Monday has come and gone and still no pic....

I always feel sad on Memorial Day....

In other news I've decided to go back in my bench shirt this week. I never got what some get...most I ever got out of it was about 90 lbs. haven't been I one in years...it's an old Inzer double denim.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 05-27-2014, 09:46 AM   #1073
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Frustrating! Stopped drinking and I've been eating better, not super healthy now, but better and still not lost one pound. Actually gained about 4 or 5. Muscle is coming back but I thought I'd be doing better. Do I care how much I weigh? No, it should how you look and feel rather than how much you weigh. Just thought I'd bitch a little. Haha!
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:15 PM   #1074
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6
today marks 12 weeks i have been in a 20% caloric deficit from my bulk, pretty happy with the results, but going to keep pushing
Attached Images

stt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:58 PM   #1075
nickswe
A Swede lost in Texas

Drives: Camaro ZL1 2014 Black M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
today marks 12 weeks i have been in a 20% caloric deficit from my bulk, pretty happy with the results, but going to keep pushing
Good job! What's your goal?

Currently driving a 2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
nickswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #1076
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickswe View Post
Good job! What's your goal?
looking good naked,lol also being a good role model for my clients...got a vacation to san diego on june 21

I used to do bodybuilding type splits all the time, but now i'm doing powerlifting type....using real low reps and lifting real heavy and i love it, I hope to compete soon...
stt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #1077
nickswe
A Swede lost in Texas

It's not called a "tri-cep" if you don't have the three "horns"

Today is leg day! Just done with pre-workout of ½ a Ben & Jerrys and very strong coffee and some rice cookies... Time for them squats and all that funny stuff

Finishing of all my sessions this week with one set of chest. Did trapz last week every day as the final one... Damn you get good pump doing so

Good luck with all your workouts today! And burnouts

Old 05-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #1078
nickswe
A Swede lost in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
looking good naked,lol also being a good role model for my clients...got a vacation to san diego on june 21

I used to do bodybuilding type splits all the time, but now i'm doing powerlifting type....using real low reps and lifting real heavy and i love it, I hope to compete soon...
At least you're being honest lol! Best of luck!!