Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-29-2017, 09:54 PM   #43
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I had the Prothane and switched to the JPSS version:

http://www.jpssonline.com/shop/camar...us-arm-bushing

But I do track the car and noticed a big difference. JPSS are superior in my opinion - especially if you don't have the option for the Z/28 radius rods...

If you want the Prothane:

http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/brands...o-ss-ptn-7-239

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:19 AM   #44
2012LS3VERT

Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
Final production run pieces for our radius rod joints mentioned earlier in this post are in 30 sets, just waiting on the greaseable bolts and caster washers to come in along with the adjustment wrenches and then they will be ready to go.
Attached Images

2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:43 PM   #45
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
How hard to get old bushings out and what kind of NVH will these create??
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:39 PM   #46
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Virtually no change in NVH as the OEM bushing is fluid damped.

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:54 PM   #47
2012LS3VERT

Quote:
If you were referring to our spherical joints, they require a hydraulic press to remove and install the complete bushing assembly. We will likely off them preinstalled in new arms as an option, that way you get a new ball joint as well.

Not much more road noise, as the poly cups do a pretty good job of absorbing the vibration, but as they are supported in all directions they dont deflect amy significant amount, so way less noise than the Pfadt sphericals available previously, with what I feel is about equal performance (had a set) with no worry about them wearing out.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:05 PM   #48
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012LS3VERT View Post
If you were referring to our spherical joints, they require a hydraulic press to remove and install the complete bushing assembly. We will likely off them preinstalled in new arms as an option, that way you get a new ball joint as well.

Not much more road noise, as the poly cups do a pretty good job of absorbing the vibration, but as they are supported in all directions they dont deflect amy significant amount, so way less noise than the Pfadt sphericals available previously, with what I feel is about equal performance (had a set) with no worry about them wearing out.
When can we get a set? And if your doing all new arms is there a core charge?

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:20 PM   #49
2012LS3VERT

Should be very soon (finally). I have 30 sets on the shelf, other than the greasable, Grade 8, 9/16" bolts we use that allows for the joint to be easily greased, along with the caster washers shown that are made by us specifically to work with the 9/16" bolt (stock is a 14mm), they will be included at no charge as well, as we think anyone with these arms should take advantage of additional caster. Our laser guy charges us less for large runs, so we are making a bunch, so we have to get the final cost together, after that and getting a quantity discount on the bolts.

No core charge, as the ball joints are a wear item that is not available separately. Fortunately, we can get ACDelco arms for $71 each new. Like our 10 rib water pumps, we basically just charge cost on those parts with maybe 30 minutes labor charge (because we have made special setups to make it faster) as a service to make things easier for the customer to install without needing hydraulic presses and such.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:05 PM   #50
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012LS3VERT View Post
Should be very soon (finally). I have 30 sets on the shelf, other than the greasable, Grade 8, 9/16" bolts we use that allows for the joint to be easily greased, along with the caster washers shown that are made by us specifically to work with the 9/16" bolt (stock is a 14mm), they will be included at no charge as well, as we think anyone with these arms should take advantage of additional caster. Our laser guy charges us less for large runs, so we are making a bunch, so we have to get the final cost together, after that and getting a quantity discount on the bolts.

No core charge, as the ball joints are a wear item that is not available separately. Fortunately, we can get ACDelco arms for $71 each new. Like our 10 rib water pumps, we basically just charge cost on those parts with maybe 30 minutes labor charge (because we have made special setups to make it faster) as a service to make things easier for the customer to install without needing hydraulic presses and such.
Put me on the list for a set then.

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:43 PM   #51
2012LS3VERT

Thanks! I will post up when the final pieces get in.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:11 AM   #52
pat_t

Drives: .
Bump. Did these ever get finished?

Would they be considered an upgrade from Z28 lower arms?
pat_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 05:18 AM   #53
2012LS3VERT

They are done other than the adjustment wrenches. Once those are done I will have the final price. Yes an upgrade from the Z/28 arms, which are the same exact arms with the same rubber bushings, but different inserts (hard pladtic vs hard rubber).
Old 09-24-2017, 08:07 PM   #54
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Waiting anxiously, I have Petes inserts and are awesome but I think these will be a whole nother level. An why doesn't someone make this a adjustable arm like the BMR and DSE have done with rear lower control arm. I'm sure there's some adjustability there.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:27 AM   #55
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Quote:
Waiting anxiously, I have Petes inserts and are awesome but I think these will be a whole nother level. An why doesn't someone make this a adjustable arm like the BMR and DSE have done with rear lower control arm. I'm sure there's some adjustability there.
I'm guessing that because you can drill/grind out the subframe bolt hole to allow for adjustability (much cheaper than an adjustable arm) there might not be a big enough demand for such an arm. With the rear LCA you may need adjustability if you lower the car to reach a certain camber spec, but I don't believe the radius rod is affected by lowering (could be wrong though ); also, like the radius rod hole you can also elongate the subframe bolt hole for the rear LCA and possibly not need an adjustable arm.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:47 PM   #56
2012LS3VERT

The arm isnt straight, and to get the required bend in a piece of tubing, very expensive cnc mandrel bending would be required, which would require a high volume to cover that cost. The stock arm is VERY strong, so the diameter of any tubing would have to be very large, which creates clearance issues with the rest of the suspension during articulation. I have the full GM model of the car, the front suspension is very good other than a few improvements in bushings and alignment, which make the front end work very well is such a heavy car.