Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2018 Camaro Fest (VIII)

Old 04-02-2018, 08:54 PM   #99
newz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
oneredry The garage spaces are available for $70.00 from NCM. Rented one last year for the track day and the shade was great between track sessions.
newz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:25 AM   #100
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Course instructor for immediate group ?

Finally registered for the NCM track event 😛 and cant wait to be running on this track again. I was curious if there be any slight chance of a instructor ride along for a few laps in the intermediate group at all? Just maybe the first session , even if a nominal service charge was applied. Lol
Old 04-04-2018, 02:15 PM   #101
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newz View Post
oneredry The garage spaces are available for $70.00 from NCM. Rented one last year for the track day and the shade was great between track sessions.

ahh! I see.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:15 AM   #102
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie killer View Post
Finally registered for the NCM track event �� and cant wait to be running on this track again. I was curious if there be any slight chance of a instructor ride along for a few laps in the intermediate group at all? Just maybe the first session , even if a nominal service charge was applied. Lol
I am wondering what the process is to get a second driver a session, with an instructor, in my car. I don't think he is looking for the whole day, but one session might be a huge thrill.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:30 AM   #103
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
I am wondering what the process is to get a second driver a session, with an instructor, in my car. I don't think he is looking for the whole day, but one session might be a huge thrill.
I'm sure coaches would be willing to take ride alongs at various points throughout the day.

Unfortunately, I don't think we can allow a second driver just for one session in someone's car...for various reasons, insurance company being the big one, registration and safety briefing being the second biggest.

Quote:
Finally registered for the NCM track event �� and cant wait to be running on this track again. I was curious if there be any slight chance of a instructor ride along for a few laps in the intermediate group at all? Just maybe the first session , even if a nominal service charge was applied. Lol
I'm sure there will be. We will have a LOT of beginners drawing their attention, but I'm sure if you're nice to an instructor, they'll be nice back.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:45 PM   #104
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I'm sure coaches would be willing to take ride alongs at various points throughout the day.

Unfortunately, I don't think we can allow a second driver just for one session in someone's car...for various reasons, insurance company being the big one, registration and safety briefing being the second biggest.

I'm sure there will be. We will have a LOT of beginners drawing their attention, but I'm sure if you're nice to an instructor, they'll be nice back.
That sounds like a very good “plan”. Maybe I can find a willing instructor to share some insight in one of the early sessions while not helping with the novice classes.

Got another question to ponder....do most instructors have their own 2-way HDPE intercom system to use ? If not, if I brought my own system, will the track permit the use of an in car intercom system for this CamaroFest event?
Old 05-08-2018, 07:27 AM   #105
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
That sounds like a very good “plan”. Maybe I can find a willing instructor to share some insight in one of the early sessions while not helping with the novice classes.

Got another question to ponder....do most instructors have their own 2-way HDPE intercom system to use ? If not, if I brought my own system, will the track permit the use of an in car intercom system for this CamaroFest event?
I don't think the track will have an issue with it. Going to guess that will be up to the instructor. Not sure it's entirely necessary since the track has a sound limit, too...the cars that will need such a system due to volume won't be allowed to run, anyways.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:00 AM   #106
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:

Not sure what it was called but they used a cool mic and ear piece system while riding with me. He could talk right in my ear and tell me how much I was screwing up.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:02 PM   #107
SummitWhite1LE
SICC

Drives: 2014 2SS1LE Summit White Camaro
Signed up
SummitWhite1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #108
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

Just to clarify, I think that the second driver is willing to pay the freight for a full day to get a session with an instructor. I'm just a little hesitant to put two people out for sessions in my single car. I think the car should be able to handle an extra session.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:07 PM   #109
oneredry
HYPER SS

ok. a concerned question:
I have HRE FF04 wheels with Michelin PS4S tires. I'm not really a fan of scuffing these bad boys up. You think it will be alright for the track day? or should I put stockers back on? Granted, I'm not going to be pushing the car hard as I'm in the beginners class. but still just concerned. **(for those of you who have driven this course before.
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:26 PM   #110
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
As long as you stay on the track, you should be okay. Just stay within your skill level. I am very OCD about my wheels & I leave them on at NCM. But when racing they say if you can't afford to set it on fire & push it off a cliff, don't do it. Then again, we won't be racing.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:20 PM   #111
FlowForm_Wheels

Drives: Turbo 4, SC V8 and Twin Turbo V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
ok. a concerned question:
I have HRE FF04 wheels with Michelin PS4S tires. I'm not really a fan of scuffing these bad boys up. You think it will be alright for the track day? or should I put stockers back on? Granted, I'm not going to be pushing the car hard as I'm in the beginners class. but still just concerned. **(for those of you who have driven this course before.
Then just keep it on the track. As long as you do that you'll be fine.
FlowForm_Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:21 AM   #112
oneredry
HYPER SS

sweet. thanks!
Delivered 03/23/16