Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-02-2018, 11:54 PM   #225
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Awesome. Can't wait to hear about your experience with the clutch.

Wouldn't the clutch already be "sprung" weight? Regardless, nice weight savings.
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:30 PM   #226
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Russ, did you include the flywheel on the weight?

We have a new billet flywheel from Mantics Camaro clutch kit. Not sure it will work with the Quarter Master setup. It's only 15 lbs. Much lighter than the factory plate. Anyways if you want it, it's yours. Just let us know if it works with your setup.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:44 PM   #227
Fusionofideas

Drives: 2015 Z28, C7 Corvette, Evo X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreno Motorsports View Post
Russ, did you include the flywheel on the weight?

We have a new billet flywheel from Mantics Camaro clutch kit. Not sure it will work with the Quarter Master setup. It's only 15 lbs. Much lighter than the factory plate. Anyways if you want it, it's yours. Just let us know if it works with your setup.
Thank you very much. The QuarterMaster setup actually uses a automatic flex plate to engage the starter.
Fusionofideas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:20 AM   #228
Fusionofideas

Check out the start of the race @drivenasa Super Touring 2 at Willow Springs in the Fusion Z28 Camaro. See the full race at https://youtu.be/u_BekriXYNQ

🏁_________________________🏁
A big thanks to the Fusion of Ideas Motorsports Partners: @fusionofideas --technology integration
@racingbrakeusa --Forged Big Brake Calipers & sintered metallic brake pad
@ohlinsusa - road & track coilover
@andersoncomposites --Carbon Fiber Body Conversion
@aprperformance --GTC500 Carbon Fiber Wing
@ridetechsuspension -lower control arm /rear sway bar @trackspecmotorsports --Hood louvers
@optic_armor --lexan Race windows
@racepakdata --IQ3 Data Logger
@twmperformance --Comp Shift Knob
@gatorwraps --Custom Vinyl
@stevechristycomposites --race spec carbon aero
@bmrsuspension- Suspension components
@hgperformance --track prep
@jbracingtires --race tires
@richardsperformancemuffler --custom race exhaust
@simpsonraceproducts --Helmet
@peragontruckbedcovers --bed cover for truck
@bestopteam -- side steps for truck
@bedrug_bedliners --bed rug for truck
@lasfitautolighting --LED Head Lights
_________
🏁__________________________🏁
#FusionofideasMotorsports #andersoncomposites #racingbrakeusa #hgperformance #racepak #opticarmor #trackspecmotorsports #voltphreaksbattery #stevechristycomposites #richardsperformancemuffler #bedrug_bedliners #aprperformance #simpsonraceproducts #ohlinsusa #ridetechsuspension #gatorwraps

#camaro #z28 #Z28camaro #gen5 #ls7 #chevyperformance #americanmuscle #musclecars #racecar #nasaracing #aero #chevy #chevroletperformance #becauseracecar
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2018, 12:28 AM   #229
Fusionofideas

Racing in the rain with the @drivenasa Super Touring Big Bore Race at Willow Springs on slicks. Being jealous of @jboogracing and the AWD Evo and Oli in his @spec_corvette I should have kept my rain tires on..... https://youtu.be/GkF_FL3o6oo

3rd place on Saturday and first place on Sunday, with a second place trophy for the 2017 season for good measure for the @drivenasa Super Touring 2 series...then my crew chief celebrated with lobster 🦀 with the rest of the pit crew
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2018, 06:28 AM   #230
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Russ, were you able to get your ride heights down from where you started with the Ohlins?
Old 03-15-2018, 06:52 AM   #231
hjdca

Drives: 2015 Z/28 Black
Congratulations ! Fantastic ! Living the dream ! You are an inspiration ! Someday, I hope I will get there with my Z/28...
hjdca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:21 PM   #232
Fusionofideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
Russ, were you able to get your ride heights down from where you started with the Ohlins?
My suspension tuner indicated that if the ride height comes down it would mess with the cars geometry and in order to do so correctly we would need a roll center kit. I’ve been looking for one and have not found one. Yet.

You can however obviously lower the car easily with the Ohlins if you were just doing road driving and you were after the lowered look.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:22 PM   #233
Fusionofideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjdca View Post
Congratulations ! Fantastic ! Living the dream ! You are an inspiration ! Someday, I hope I will get there with my Z/28...
Thank you very much. It’s been an incredible undertaking and well worth it as the car is so phenomenal
Old 03-16-2018, 01:57 PM   #234
Gbland60

Drives: 2015 z28 Black w/ac #645
Man Russ your cars tough looking. Watched the vid. You were clicking off some good speed numbers on those long straights. Looked like a nice track to run with the way its layed out. Im alil too old to ever become that good but still like watching you guys. Stay safe ok. One more thing,, what caused you to float a valve ? Was it weak hydraulics weak spring or jist redlining to many times if you did that is. Really curious to learn.
Attached Images

Gbland60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:53 PM   #235
Fusionofideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbland60 View Post
Man Russ your cars tough looking. Watched the vid. You were clicking off some good speed numbers on those long straights. Looked like a nice track to run with the way its layed out. Im alil too old to ever become that good but still like watching you guys. Stay safe ok. One more thing,, what caused you to float a valve ? Was it weak hydraulics weak spring or jist redlining to many times if you did that is. Really curious to learn.
Thank you for the compliments. I believe the floated valve is a common issue on the LS7 and not sure exactly the issue. It was fully covered under warranty as the car was stock. We put in Brian tooley titanium spring kit and truniouns and I was told by my mechanic that should help significantly to prevent the same issue from happening again.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:56 PM   #236
Fusionofideas

Here is the full race in the rain out at Willow Springs for the season opener of the NASA Super touring series in the Z28. On slicks unfortunately as it started raining with the 2 minute call on grid. https://youtu.be/GkF_FL3o6oo
Old 03-21-2018, 02:10 PM   #237
Gbland60

Drives: 2015 z28 Black w/ac #645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusionofideas View Post
Here is the full race in the rain out at Willow Springs for the season opener of the NASA Super touring series in the Z28. On slicks unfortunately as it started raining with the 2 minute call on grid. https://youtu.be/GkF_FL3o6oo
Outsanding brother. Thats a good track for racing seems to me anyway. Good long straights and no hairpins to speak of 9 turns. Never been but if i had a chance thats where i'd be. Hey, appreciate the heads up on the valve train upgrade ok ? Keep reeling em in for brother Russ
Gbland60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:42 PM   #238
Fusionofideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbland60 View Post
Outsanding brother. Thats a good track for racing seems to me anyway. Good long straights and no hairpins to speak of 9 turns. Never been but if i had a chance thats where i'd be. Hey, appreciate the heads up on the valve train upgrade ok ? Keep reeling em in for brother Russ
Thanks for the compliment. Going for the gold this year