Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #43
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFox1 View Post
my 2012 L99 doesn't chirp tires or spin them either..a nd doesn't feel fast at all..

HOWEVER.. the speedometer tells a very different story. It's hard to do any hard pulls without pulling well beyond my target speed. (Ie 0-60 winds up being 0-73 or something..)

in traffic, I'm constantly edged out by other cars in 1st and 2nd.. only to almost rearend them in 3rd.

as L99 owners we have a lot of power robbing crap to deal with.. torque management, DOD/AFM, VVT.. torque management.. (its worth mentioning twice..)

My gmc truck was a DOG on the road when I got it. I would routinely floor it everywhere just to get around htis city.

I eventually broke down and had a tune. They took out torque management.. now I can hardly drive the thing in the rain.. totally stock!

I think a good tune getting rid of torque management is what we both need. A good adjustment to the TCM woudln't hurt either. I'm tired of my car trying to go into 4th at 25mph at the bottom of a hill.

Thats your torque management holding you back in 1st and 2nd gear. TURN IT OFF and you will be able to take full advantage of the low gear ratio in the trans to launch very hard.

DOD/AFM should not effect you off the line, these only turn on at cruise speeds, when oil pressure rises they turn off the way I understand it.

I turned those off as well and plan to soon eliminate them totally with an LS3 conversion.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #44
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Keep in mind too that you won't always hear the tires. They might be breaking loose and not creaming but just sliding. Mine RARELY screached. Just spun.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #45
simes007us

Drives: Black 2SS/RS Camaro
I also know the feeling that my car is slow or sluggish. For example sitting in a 460 horsepower Aston martin V8 Vantage I get a rush from the speed whereas flooring it in my car I don't get the same sensation. I don't think 60 horsepower can make this big of a difference.

I have a strange feeling it is something to do with theater though. The noise coming out of the back of an Aston is frankly astonishing (did you see what i did there?) it really gives the sense of pressing the gas peddle has actually done something.
simes007us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #46
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Needs more gear.
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #47
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Whenever I am in an Aston Martin, all I'm really thinking about is what the double agent riding with me has planned, and whether or not I can still make her worth my time first...
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #48
simes007us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Whenever I am in an Aston Martin, all I'm really thinking about is what the double agent riding with me has planned, and whether or not I can still make her worth my time first...

It is nice to see machine gun headlights on the options list...
Old 04-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #49
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
... and there is NOTHING wrong with a smoke screen, underwater capabilities, or a martini dispenser in the console...

Every Aston Martin I have EVER had was equipped with all of those, of course.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #50
simes007us

They do offer a $400 umbrella that can fit in the straps of your trunk....lol
Old 04-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #51
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PercyJWellingtonIII View Post
Doing that is no indication of power. You can do that in a toyota tercel if its rear wheel drive.
Read the OPS ENTIRE post. He specifically states he can barely spin the tires.And has been playing with T/C and such. THIS is what i'm referring to. I am very aware any vehicle can burnout unless your doing it wrong like so many people seem to.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #52
DarkFox1

Drives: 2012 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
Thats your torque management holding you back in 1st and 2nd gear. TURN IT OFF and you will be able to take full advantage of the low gear ratio in the trans to launch very hard.

DOD/AFM should not effect you off the line, these only turn on at cruise speeds, when oil pressure rises they turn off the way I understand it.

I turned those off as well and plan to soon eliminate them totally with an LS3 conversion.
Is this something you have to tune out? It was on my truck..

on the way home I held the button down and disabled both systems. It seemed a LITTLE peppier.. but that may have been my mind playing tricks on me.

After it rained I turned off just traction control and stomped it.. it wouldn't spin. I stopped and turned off both and tried again.. it spun pretty easily then.
DarkFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #53
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:

After it rained I turned off just traction control and stomped it.. it wouldn't spin.
Seriously? I can't keep traction after it rained with all my nannies on.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #54
DarkFox1

Drives: 2012 2SS A6
Nope. I got to about 45mph wide open before I let off and stopped. It wasn't spinning at all. Had to turn them both off to get it to spin.
DarkFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #55
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Nope. I got to about 45mph wide open before I let off and stopped. It wasn't spinning at all. Had to turn them both off to get it to spin.
I mean i don't spin long cause TC and STAB stop it but I can let out, punch it, and feel it hoppin a bit and then it stops when TC light flashes.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #56
dawgsfan

Drives: 2010 camaro rs/ss2
I promise I know how to do a burnout or atleas in an older car that's not ran by a computer. The problem I've been having is either the tc is still on or something cause once it starts its line it just looses power or something. It's been raining so I haven't been able to try it but I'm almost sure I didn't have the tc turned off line I thought I did. I love this site w/all the answers I get plus getting to see all the upgrades that everyone has done. I'm old school. Usually all my fast cars don't have computers except my 67 camaro which I'm putting an LS in now.
Why is everyone doing the LS3 conversion on their new camaro & also why is everyone running a catch can?
dawgsfan is offline   Reply With Quote