Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #71
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
You need a tire knocker.
Ooh I have a tire knocker in the back seat just incase I need to defend my car or self lol..
Old 04-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #72
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
There were literally 150 or spots open. I parked as far form the building as possible (Sears) to run in real quick. I came out and there 2 people near me. One asshole parked right next to me. ALWAYS happens and I just don't understand it..

Old 04-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #73
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Just because you own a camaro doesn't mean your entitle to have people not park next to you. I know it sucks to have to worry about it ,but once you get over it you'll have a lot more fun with it.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #74
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I get this all the freaking time. I think ppl just want to check out the car. I parked in a spot that literally only had one spot next to it with grass on either side and of course someone parked next to me. I watched them do it and I watched them rubber neck all the way to the door, I think the guy got sexually aroused. At least he had a new suv that I would assume he takes care of but nothing is worse than a big pos cuz they don't care of they slam their door into yours.
Mods to date: Black ice-olator, Vmax ported throttle body, doug thorley cat back exhaust, cold air inductions intake, rx catch can, vn 805 18" rims, tinted windows-20% in back and 35% in front, SS front bumper,RK sport spoiler painted gloss black, hood spears, gill inserts, trunk blackout, and bowtie blackouts with autobot. Wish list: GM cup and footwell lighting, t2 or t3 bumper (f that price), fender dashes, and...
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #75
Chavira2009

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Hurst RJT
What pisses me off is when somebody takes up TWO parking spots!!!! Just because you have a Camaro or Corvette or whatever you drive doesn't give you the right to take up two spots. One spot is plenty!!!
Chavira2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #76
Matic

Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
There were literally 150 or spots open. I parked as far form the building as possible (Sears) to run in real quick. I came out and there 2 people near me. One asshole parked right next to me. ALWAYS happens and I just don't understand it..

You should have pooped next to his driver's side door.
Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #77
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Just because you own a camaro doesn't mean your entitle to have people not park next to you. I know it sucks to have to worry about it ,but once you get over it you'll have a lot more fun with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavira2009 View Post
What pisses me off is when somebody takes up TWO parking spots!!!! Just because you have a Camaro or Corvette or whatever you drive doesn't give you the right to take up two spots. One spot is plenty!!!
It doesn't have anything to do with it being a Camaro, Vette, etc... It has to do with dealing with people that don't have any consideration for other peoples property or even their own and opening their doors into your vehicle causing scratches, door dings, etc... I never take two spots, but it doesn't bother me when I see people doing it because of how inconsiderate people can be to other peoples hard earned property, I can't really blame them.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #78
Chavira2009

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Hurst RJT
One of the main reasons people might park next to your car is they think "This guy has a Camaro, so he is probably some errogant guy, let's park next to him just to piss him off." When somebody parks way out there in the parking lot, they are just asking for it man. I don't park way out in the lot or take up two spots, because that just makes you look foolish. Kinda gives the impression to people that you think too high of yourself.
Chavira2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #79
Guzman

Drives: 2011 Callaway Camaro 2SS 'vert
you should carry some peanut butter with you. Next car to park that close - take a glob and put it under the driver door handle.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #80
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Before my Camaro I drove a 96 Tacoma, complete with paint chips, flaking clear coat, some rust spots, and a couple non self-induced dings and 285k on the odo.

I parked it normally and never once hit a car with my door. It boils down to the person driving the vehicle and not the vehicle itself. I know myself and some others on the forum are the exceptions though.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #81
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post

Paranoid much??
OK, I guess he was more likely doing ??? and ??? is a better self-defense tool?
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #82
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emig5m View Post
It doesn't have anything to do with it being a Camaro, Vette, etc... It has to do with dealing with people that don't have any consideration for other peoples property or even their own and opening their doors into your vehicle causing scratches, door dings, etc... I never take two spots, but it doesn't bother me when I see people doing it because of how inconsiderate people can be to other peoples hard earned property, I can't really blame them.
The op isn't talking about people hitting his doors as much as he seems pissed that he owns a camaro so no one should park next to him. That in itself is kind of arrogant.

I park beside nice cars even in my work truck because I figure they won't door me. Just because someone is in a work vehicle deosn't mean they don't care about getting them damaged. My work truck cost twice as much as my camaro did.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #83
PsychoDRAMA

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
The op isn't talking about people hitting his doors as much as he seems pissed that he owns a camaro so no one should park next to him. That in itself is kind of arrogant.

I park beside nice cars even in my work truck because I figure they won't door me. Just because someone is in a work vehicle deosn't mean they don't care about getting them damaged. My work truck cost twice as much as my camaro did.
whoa what? I was just saying I dont get why anyone would park right beside someone when there is a whole open parking lot where every other space is closer lol...I dont see how thats coming off as arrogant...Its my new car..my dream car...I worked hard for it..its my present to myself for serving in the forces. It just makes my heart skip a beat when I feel my car is "safe" only to come out and someone is right beside me..just scary for me...I love my car
PsychoDRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #84
Motopsycho_dude

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Park in the back and take 2 spots. Just don't get towed lol.
Motopsycho_dude is offline   Reply With Quote