Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-01-2015, 07:55 PM   #43
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I received an email yesterday telling me I my vehicle has a recall. Stating a couple of reasons why I can't ignore the recall any longer. I laughed pretty good about it.
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2015, 08:32 PM   #44
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
If the fix wasn't so cheap, and ugly they would have a better turn out in getting more people to get it done...

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:46 PM   #45
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
The DMV's in California won't give you the new tags if you don't do the recall . Now that's crazy and unbelievable.
I just received my renewal notice. Nothing included said anything about not being able to register my Camaro unless I did the recall.

But I did get a post card from GM today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper12b View Post
I received an email yesterday telling me I my vehicle has a recall. Stating a couple of reasons why I can't ignore the recall any longer. I laughed pretty good about it.
Kinda funny how they are making it sound that it can rotate on its own without any outside influence.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #46
itsnotacrisis

Drives: '13 2LT RS,Blue Ray Metallic/mojave
It's such a half assed solution. Now adding push button start? That would keep 'em busy I'll bet
itsnotacrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #47
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
I just received my renewal notice. Nothing included said anything about not being able to register my Camaro unless I did the recall.

But I did get a post card from GM today.

Kinda funny how they are making it sound that it can rotate on its own without any outside influence.

That's why I said not all dealers . Plus you and ( Davidbutter ) are both in san Jose .
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:29 AM   #48
Low Saturn

Looks like I received a response to the reply to the email they sent me a couple days ago.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:37 AM   #49
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Oh , ok! Lets see if they stop sending them letters or emails. The letters and emails wouldn't bother me like they bothered some of the others though. But we are all different. Lucky you don't need to deal with the stupid recall.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:39 AM   #50
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botrod View Post
I refused the recall today. I desperately need a second key and had them order me a "legal" one. Then I found uncut switchblade ones on eBay. Does anyone know if the dealer would cut a switchblade for me? I'm guessing they aren't allowed to cut those anymore.
They can cut it, and so can any locksmith. If you buy from a dealer (which you still can just give them a part number) they will usually cut it for free. So factor that in with the price difference
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:01 PM   #51
Low Saturn

Quote:
That's why I said not all dealers . Plus you and ( Davidbutter ) are both in san Jose .
Actually I was quoting this where you mentioned the DMV:

Quote:
The DMV's in California won't give you the new tags if you don't do the recall . Now that's crazy and unbelievable.
Dealers can give you any made up story they want. Weather it comes from truth or just something they overheard someone say they heard from someone else's best friends cousins uncles grandmothers neighbor.

I think the infrastructure to allow manufactures to be able to give state DMV's accurate information about recalls is pretty far off. And I don't think they would they start with this key recall. Its really a non-issue compared to other recalls out there. Plus they're going to have to classify how severe a recall is to determine if it's something that should keep you from re-registering your car.

If this was such a safety concern to get the state government involved, it wouldn't be so easy to reverse the recall. And it wouldn't be so easy to just walk into a dealership and just get a new FOB with the key still built in.
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:18 PM   #52
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Actually I was quoting this where you mentioned the DMV:

Dealers can give you any made up story they want. Weather it comes from truth or just something they overheard someone say they heard from someone else's best friends cousins uncles grandmothers neighbor.

I think the infrastructure to allow manufactures to be able to give state DMV's accurate information about recalls is pretty far off. And I don't think they would they start with this key recall. Its really a non-issue compared to other recalls out there. Plus they're going to have to classify how severe a recall is to determine if it's something that should keep you from re-registering your car.

If this was such a safety concern to get the state government involved, it wouldn't be so easy to reverse the recall. And it wouldn't be so easy to just walk into a dealership and just get a new FOB with the key still built in.
Oh, ok! And other California members on here has said that the DMV sent them a letter that they wouldn't be issued their tags until the recall was done. There's a few recall threads on this subject but I don't remember which one it was. But I agree that it would only makes sense if you couldn't just go buy the same switchblade key from the dealer after the recall.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:31 PM   #53
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
If the fix wasn't so cheap, and ugly they would have a better turn out in getting more people to get it done...
Exactly this, if they would have made a new fob that was smaller and thinner to go with the key, I would have had it done. Hell, slap CAMARO on the fob and I'm sure a lot more people would have done it as well.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #54
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Quote:
Oh, ok! And other California members on here has said that the DMV sent them a letter that they wouldn't be issued their tags until the recall was done. There's a few recall threads on this subject but I don't remember which one it was. But I agree that it would only makes sense if you couldn't just go buy the same switchblade key from the dealer after the recall.
Just got my renewal notice from Cali DMV. Says nothing about not issuing new tags unless recall is done. I have not received any letters from the DMV telling me to do the recall or they won't issue me new reg tags....BTW, my 2014 was purchased during the stop sale last year, and I got the new key/fob setup with the car.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:14 PM   #55
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
I received two letters this week along with one email. I responded to the email like this. "I appreciate being harassed three times this week due to the key recall. I respectfully decline this recall due to me thinking it is stupid and lacks common sense. However, there are two outstanding recalls on my car that deal with the airbag and a drivers seat bolt falling out. To me these are much more important than a key. How come you have only notified me once about these?"
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:38 PM   #56
LBJ

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LS. M6
I got a email saying it mandatory & call to t it fix.....I don't think so
Mods..mrt v2. Cai intake v max throttle body. 20% windo tint & RX catch can Gianna 20in rims nitto 555 & afterburner tail lights RS halo head lights & gm heat extractor 4 pack gauges & panted heritage Grille & zl1rear sproler t5 splitter custom head rest
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote