Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-15-2017, 05:02 PM   #29
Mdp

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Official SCT View Post
All of the adjustable options are there for your to experiment and the results are going to vary by vehicle. That being said you should be safe up to ~20% increased shift pressure. As far as timing goes I'd be more careful with that. You could bump it up a degree or 2 and see how it drives. If you get any knock dial it back 2 degrees for safety.
Look at the frustrated attempts I've made in your customer support. And it's been weeks and you have no solution for the datalog (PID Ethanol%). Until when will we have to wait? This topic has passed 1200 views. Is not it possible that SCT's engineering does not have an answer? You said it was possible yourself. I proved that Livelink is not capable of reading on GM vehicles. What other time do you need?
Mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #30
Official SCT

Drives: n/a
Do you still have any of the ticket number you were given? Barring that could you private message me your phone number so I can pull up your case(s)?
Official SCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:06 PM   #31
Mdp

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Do you still have any of the ticket number you were given? Barring that could you private message me your phone number so I can pull up your case(s)?
I appreciate your late attention to try to resolve my ticket. I'm using Hptuners. You have to respond to Mr. PFL, you promised a solution for him and the members of this forum. They still have the SCT tool, and should rather have an answer. You're simply dodging a solution. Just make Livelink work with (pid Ethanol%)
Mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:30 PM   #32
PFL

Drives: Camaro SS
I'm waiting for the sct response with the solution. Or say that Livelink does not work with e85 reading. 1300 views, a few weeks and I have no answers.
PFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:53 PM   #33
Official SCT

While we're waiting on the engineers to get your request going you can get that OBD PID listed under ethanol working by enabling the E85 diagnostics switch under flex fuel scalar in the calibration.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:19 PM   #34
PFL

Quote:
While we're waiting on the engineers to get your request going you can get that OBD PID listed under ethanol working by enabling the E85 diagnostics switch under flex fuel scalar in the calibration.
The pid is not valid for GM vehicles. I can not select something that is not available. I am waiting for the solution of your engineering as soon as possible. Thank you very much
Old 05-25-2017, 01:54 PM   #35
Official SCT

We have a test PID for you to try out. Do not validate PIDs and try data logging 'fuel alcohol content' under the Engine section.

If this doesn't report any data we'll want to get in touch with who ever is doing your custom tune (if appropriate) to get your MTF file to make a change to the binary.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:37 PM   #36
PFL

Quote:
We have a test PID for you to try out. Do not validate PIDs and try data logging 'fuel alcohol content' under the Engine section.

If this doesn't report any data we'll want to get in touch with who ever is doing your custom tune (if appropriate) to get your MTF file to make a change to the binary.
The PID does not work. It displays the message that is not a valid item for ECU 12639270 has been tested by my friends in their cars is also not a valid item. Please tell me, how difficult are you to adjust this PID to read ethanol in GM vehicles ???? Strange situation, this whole time and still does not bring me a solution. It has to be a fit for everyone, I do not want you to play my custom tune, I totally trust my tuner
Old 05-26-2017, 09:18 AM   #37
Official SCT

This test will be something that we can implement for everyone one not just your tune file. Since you are having the issue we wanted to see if you would be willing to test this out otherwise we will have a vehicle in next week for testing and will have an update. Thanks for your time and patience.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:04 PM   #38
PFL

Quote:
This test will be something that we can implement for everyone one not just your tune file. Since you are having the issue we wanted to see if you would be willing to test this out otherwise we will have a vehicle in next week for testing and will have an update. Thanks for your time and patience.
I will be waiting for the Livelink update as soon as possible. I think sct should have more responsibility with its customers. It's been a long time since I made the complaint on sct channels and I was ignored by you. My friends were also ignored by you. I want a solution. thank you
Old 05-31-2017, 09:28 AM   #39
Official SCT

We're still working on making a universal PID but in the mean time we have a solution.

Let your custom tuner know (or we can get in touch with them if you let us know who it is) to do the following

Under OBDII, PID ENABLE, OBD2_DATA_PID_ENABLE_51-58 Set the value to 64 if it is 0, if the value is not 0, add 64 to the value. This will enable the pid 52, which is the ETHANOL SAE pid in LiveLink.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:38 AM   #40
PFL

Quote:
We're still working on making a universal PID but in the mean time we have a solution.

Let your custom tuner know (or we can get in touch with them if you let us know who it is) to do the following

Under OBDII, PID ENABLE, OBD2_DATA_PID_ENABLE_51-58 Set the value to 64 if it is 0, if the value is not 0, add 64 to the value. This will enable the pid 52, which is the ETHANOL SAE pid in LiveLink.
Kevin thanks for your commitment to help us. But we need a concrete and definitive solution to fix this failure in Livelink da sct. We do not want an impromptu solution. We will be waiting for Livelink update with fixed read failure. Our cars are projects that have a real investment in pieces of value, so we want something concrete and safe. thank you
Old 06-06-2017, 08:17 PM   #41
PFL

SCT will need how many years to adjust a PID in your Livelink software ???? I was very sad, I really thought I would have a solution, yet another important tool for reading fuel. A company that knew about the failure of its equipment, still ignored me by several emails. Today still ignores its customers. I'm thinking it was a mistake to choose this equipment.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:03 PM   #42
Camaro1037

Drives: 2015 Camaro Ls
Will a sctx4 work on a V6 ?

http://www.carsponsors.com/applicati...ut/Camaro1037/
Camaro1037 is offline   Reply With Quote