Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-17-2017, 04:49 PM   #29
cawj87

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS 6M 1LE
Alright, so I reached out to EBC and simply got a we don't make those for your model response. Any particular person you have worked with that might be able to get this done?
cawj87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:30 PM   #30
Fancy

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawj87 View Post
Alright, so I reached out to EBC and simply got a we don't make those for your model response. Any particular person you have worked with that might be able to get this done?
Same response I got from EBC. Questions is aren't the 2010 brakes the same as the rest of the 5th Gen brakes for an SS.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:26 PM   #31
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
What about ZL1 pads???
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:46 PM   #32
Inferno1LE

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange 1SS 1LE
I spoke to Brendon
Inferno1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:00 PM   #33
Btrbimmer

Drives: 2SS 1LE Silver w/Recaro NPP
In checking the GM parts guide, it indicates the same part number for front brakes on the 2010 to 2015 Camaro SS 6.2 liter engine vehicle.

https://stores.revolutionparts.com/g...Y4LWdhcw%3D%3D

I'm still trying to determine why EBC lists different part numbers for the 201o vs the newer models. What am I missing?

EBC does list Orangestuff pads for the earlier 2010 Camaro. If it works on a 2010, it should fit the later model years. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
Same response I got from EBC. Questions is aren't the 2010 brakes the same as the rest of the 5th Gen brakes for an SS.

Btrbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:58 PM   #34
Inferno1LE

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange 1SS 1LE
The difference is the "roller skates" on 2012+ cars. The roller skates are weights to quiet the squeal of the OEM metallic pads. You can use the older style pads on a newer style car, but you may get noise. The older cars had sound deadening material on the caliper to help stop this, but it didn't work very well.
Inferno1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:24 PM   #35
cawj87

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS 6M 1LE
About to pull the trigger on the 2010 pads part number. Anyone else confirm that they will fit?
cawj87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:50 PM   #36
Btrbimmer

I contacted EBC, just to be sure, and they confirmed the 2010 pads will fit. I'll find out if they were correct in the very near future. Pads show up in the next day or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawj87 View Post
About to pull the trigger on the 2010 pads part number. Anyone else confirm that they will fit?

Old 07-31-2017, 03:01 PM   #37
Btrbimmer

Track days on OrangeStuff Pads

So the OrangeStuff is EBC's version of a track/racing pad and the 2010-2015 SS Camaros all take the same pad fitment. The later cars have the roller skates, to suppress noise, which is not needed for track pads.

I installed Orangestuff pads both front and rear on nearly perfect rotors with less than 4000 miles.

I drove around a few days and found no issues. It seem the be rather quiet on the street with good feel.

My track days were at Summit Point, Shenandoah Circuit, which is pretty hard on brakes and tires. On Saturday, it was raining in the morning, so I used a set of street tires (stock Eagle F1s) which I found to be a very good tire. Much better than I expected. As they day progressed, the dryer conditions allowed much faster speeds and the brakes and tires heated up.

On day two, I installed a set of Pirelli DH slicks and really turned up the heat in perfect weather conditions. The braking performance was great and very predictable. Of course, the pads left a nice layer of brake dust, but that does not matter for a track pad.
On my second session, I noticed the pads were just a bit thicker than the backing plate and after the session, the front pads were shot.

In my opinion, these pads would probably work fine for someone that needs a pad that will work both on the street and on the track, and does not want to spend a lot of money.

I believe the slicks pushed the pads past the temperature range it could accommodate. I do have z28 cooling ducts on my 1LE, but that was not enough. The Yellowstuff rear pads held up fine, so those seem like a good choice.

I switched out the pads at the track for a set of Hawk DTC-70's which seem to be up to the task of managing the additional heat generated by the slicks.

Here are a few pictures attached.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2017, 03:25 PM   #38
naikaidriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Holy crap those are COOKED!!!

100% agree. When you start running slicks, our 3900lbs cars will murder non-race pads. The Hawk DTCs are the way to go with slicks.

For me, the Hawk HP+ pads that I have are working perfectly since I only run max performance street tires on the track at the moment. They are very consistent and have never faded on me once at either track I run at in a 20 minute session.

I wouldn't recommend running the Hawk HP+ for daily use. They are noisy, they will eat stock rotors after a while and they are VERY dusty.

Scott
Diablo T1000 with Phastek custom tune, K&N Intake, Hurst Short-Throw Shifter, Flowmaster, Outlaw II Exhaust, BMR 1" Lowering Springs, BMR 3-way Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars, BMR End Links and Reinforcement Brackets, BMR Trailing Arms, ZL1 wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 Tires, Z28-style Rear Spoiler, Hawk Plus Brake Pads, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluestuff, brake pads, ebc, yellowstuff