Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-01-2008, 02:44 AM   #1
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Head Room???

Those who have sat in these cars, how did you find the head room and top of windshield vision due to the rake of the glass?

In the 1 to 4th gen F bodies I could not get enough headroom and in the C4 I could not see thru the header at top of windshield as I sit tall in the seat. I had no problem with A bodies or C2 or C3. Will it be good for tall in the torso drivers? If close it can come down to seat style too.

Related Question .... does the Sunroof reduce it much or at all ?
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:36 AM   #2
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
i am 6'1" and mostly torso, and i sat in the iver and i thought it was great. the seat will also move up and down so you can adjust some too
Old 11-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
Dom

Drives: 2000 Z28
I'm 5'0" and 450lbs. Those seats suck.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
This new car is three inches taller than the last, so it shouldn't be a problem.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:27 AM   #5
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
6'1" 350 and I had tons of room............ No pun intended...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:55 AM   #6
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Headroom-a-plenty!
Old 11-01-2008, 12:00 PM   #7
Chevyzone

Drives: Chevy's
That's good news. 6' 1" and was wondering the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Headroom-a-plenty!
Chevyzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
6'3" and there was plenty of room.

It was strange looking out the windshield with the rear view mirror in the middle of the windshield. However, Al and I were talking about that while I was in the IVER and he said they were trimming down the bottom of the mirror to get better visability. Don't worry about head room. There is enough! Seeing out of the front was no chore for me. I'd like that rear view mirror smaller and higher, but it's nothing that should cause you any issues.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:05 AM   #9
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

It was strange looking out the windshield with the rear view mirror in the middle of the windshield. However, Al and I were talking about that while I was in the IVER and he said they were trimming down the bottom of the mirror to get better visability. Don't worry about head room. There is enough! Seeing out of the front was no chore for me. I'd like that rear view mirror smaller and higher, but it's nothing that should cause you any issues.
You're starting to get me a little nervous. I'm closer to 6'4", and this rear view mirror thing could be an issue. From the top of the windshield to the bottom, roughly just what percentage is blocked by the mirror?

Like everybody, I think this car is gorgeous, and it's performance should leave no one wanting! But it's visibility questions do just that, raise questions. You guys who had the luxury of getting to sit / drive one, are the people who guys like me who are ordering sight unseen are relying on for your real world views on things. Especially since we're all pretty much looking for the same things out of this Camaro. Thanks in advance for all the information you have and will provide in the future!
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:38 PM   #10
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

Was that while you were in the seat or in the trunk?

Sorry Tag, had to ask.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #11
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Even the backseat has been tested by six foot guys and found to be decent.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:14 PM   #12
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
You're starting to get me a little nervous. I'm closer to 6'4", and this rear view mirror thing could be an issue. From the top of the windshield to the bottom, roughly just what percentage is blocked by the mirror?

Like everybody, I think this car is gorgeous, and it's performance should leave no one wanting! But it's visibility questions do just that, raise questions. You guys who had the luxury of getting to sit / drive one, are the people who guys like me who are ordering sight unseen are relying on for your real world views on things. Especially since we're all pretty much looking for the same things out of this Camaro. Thanks in advance for all the information you have and will provide in the future!
I'm 6'8 and while I've not tried it on an onstar mirror yet, I've had a lot of luck turning the mirror upside down. This makes it hard to use the little dimmer lever, but it usually puts the mirror right up against the header.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:37 AM   #13
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
I'm 6'8 and while I've not tried it on an onstar mirror yet, I've had a lot of luck turning the mirror upside down. This makes it hard to use the little dimmer lever, but it usually puts the mirror right up against the header.
Sir, thanks for your response! I must admit I've never thought of doing it on a vehicle before. I guess necessity really is the mother of invention? Thanks again!
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote