Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-21-2019, 03:48 PM   #29
2010reddevil

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
AFAIK, HPTuners and SCT both utilize a checksum method to make sure that the tune file written is what is saved on the pc/device. Now if the file itself you received from a tuner is corrupt, that's a different story. I've never experienced anything like that so....

2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black (old ride)
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:42 PM   #30
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010reddevil View Post
AFAIK, HPTuners and SCT both utilize a checksum method to make sure that the tune file written is what is saved on the pc/device. Now if the file itself you received from a tuner is corrupt, that's a different story. I've never experienced anything like that so....
Good to know. So the ‘check sum’ happens just the first time? In other words, it doesn’t check for discrepancies in the device each time its used, correct? (comparing to the last known ‘good’ file)
Old 04-21-2019, 08:09 PM   #31
2010reddevil

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
I believe it does it every time a tune is written or changes made. It compares data of original tune file vs waht is written to pcm. That's one of the reasons it takes so long to flash our cars.

2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black (old ride)
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:15 PM   #32
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Another very happy customer of Steve. Nailed my tune and the car feels amazing. Couldnt be happier
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:47 AM   #33
chrish70

Drives: 2015 ls3 camaro ss
Totally Agree he made my car come alive and i went to a club dyno day recently and obviously the shop was doing this to get new customers into their business and the guy running the dyno said that he could not improve on dynosteves tune it was right on point and said he was impressed.
chrish70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:00 AM   #34
jprodun1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Link/Contact info for Dyno Steve please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
jprodun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 01:46 PM   #35
EJSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
I want to tune in order to match added headers and a CAI but I dont want to mess with anything like rev limiting or torque management or any other system on the car meant to extend longevity over performance. I know this may seem contradictory as adding more power to the car will likely lessen longevity especially for someone who uses the extra power regularly, however I would like to minimally impact my daily driver's long term reliability while also have the sound and extra power for when I do want to have a little fun.

Aside from tuning it myself via hp tuners, is there someone like dynosteve who could do a custom tune that meets a set of requirements like what I mentioned? Or do I have to do it myself to be this specific?
EJSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #36
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Steve’s great...
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:21 PM   #37
gunchamp

I would like to give an update on my original post. Steve is an awesome guy to deal with and does well with an almost factory mail order tune. That being said, if you plan on doing any kind of meaningful changes, you should go another route. Jannetty racing (TED) is the man when it comes to mail order tuning with actual performance parts. Do your research. Steve will not mail order tune forced induction, cams, ect. Trying to save you from having to spend multiple times
Old 09-19-2019, 03:51 PM   #38
Larry_551
Larry_551

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS Convertible
Greetings all,

I originally posted this in the Canada section, but felt it needed repeating.

Back in early July, I finally got around to doing my exhaust.

By far the best deal I could find was with RDP. Called and talked with Steve and came away very happy. The only thing I knew for certain was that I wanted a Solo cat back system.

Steve talked me through my options, and I finished with the exhaust items you see in my signature.

He was always willing to answer my questions, even when I mistakenly called after regular business hours. Steve didn't tell me to call back. He took personnal time to answer my questions, and I left with a feeling that he took an interest.

Would I recommend RDP to others? With out a doubt. Would I purchase from RDP again? Absolutely. After I clear it with my Minister of Finance.

The parts are all installed and the tune is working perfectly.

Deal with total confidence with Steve and the people at RDP.

Once again, thanks to Steve and his staff. I am a very happy (and louder) customer.

Larry
Old 09-19-2019, 04:05 PM   #39
chrish70

Steve Dyno Tuned my car and my wifes, between us we have a gen5 supercharged camshaft fore fuel system and a heap of other upgrades and a gen6 with just basic bolt ons and i could not be happier with the results both car run well at the track and great as a daily driver and ive had my cars at club dyno days at other shops and the dyno guys have all said my car runs perfect and is dialed in very nicely!!! A1+ for steve and his customer support and they way her treats his customers, ( i made the mistake prior to steve to go to another local performance shop whom i wont name and it was a nightmare i ended up having a tow truck pickup my car and take it to steve and he got me back all square)
Old 09-20-2019, 07:45 PM   #40
gunchamp

And just to clarify my position, Steve is an awesome guy and a great tuner. My point here is if you can only mail order a tune, you would need to go elsewhere if major upgrades are in your future. Steve has wonderful cust service and is an extremely nice and helpful person. I wouldnt think twice about a dyno tune from him
Old 09-21-2019, 07:41 AM   #41
chrish70

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunchamp View Post
And just to clarify my position, Steve is an awesome guy and a great tuner. My point here is if you can only mail order a tune, you would need to go elsewhere if major upgrades are in your future. Steve has wonderful cust service and is an extremely nice and helpful person. I wouldnt think twice about a dyno tune from him
I was very impressed with his dyno tuning skills and so were the dyno operators at a couple of our club dyno days we went to, one of the shops we went to said they accutally get steve in to dyno tune some cars for them that are super heavy modified and outside there area of comfort tuning