Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 12-23-2022, 11:16 PM   #1
chriss2

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Transmission blew up!!! 31k Miles!

Hey guys!! This is one of my first times posting on here but I gotta share this so people are aware. I own a 2010 2SS 6l80e. The car has 31k miles on it, and as of early November the transmission fried itself. Now I did install a cam kit in early 2021 and ran the car like that for just over a year and I would say it ran quite well. The cam wasn't that big but it did cause the brakes to push through and shaking at stops. This gets me to the next point. I decided in july this year to go ahead and install a FTI 3600 Stall Triple Disk converter. I personally Installed it and installed an inline auxiliary transmission cooler. This is when I started to have issues. This car was remotely tuned by PCM of NC. It always has been tuned through them. I had them also tune the car for the new converter. The car ran somewhat fine after a few logs back and forth, I drove around 1500 miles on the car with the new converter before disaster struck. I was driving the car and did a WOT pull, once the car hit about 65mph the car lost all power and was shifting very erratically. It was like i was slamming on the brakes and then flooring it. I limped the car home and once I got it in the drive way I noticed it had no neutral or reverse. I knew it was toast at that point. Fast foward I bring the car to a local shop that specialized in late model Gm performance. I had them install a built transmission and new circle D 3000 Stall single disk converter. When the car hit the dyno for tuning the tuner said that he never saw a tune so aggressive before on the engine and transmission. Not only was all the TQ management disabled but the engine tune was CRAZY. The car had 30 degrees of timing at WOT. He said he been doing this a long time and never saw a tune like that. He said that I was lucky it didn't cause engine damage. Not only did the car make more power but he pulled 6 degrees out. Now I'm starting to wonder if this whole time the TUNE caused my issue. This fix was NOT CHEAP!!!! transmission was 3200$, Converter 600$( Not to mention the fti which was 1400$), (install, new transcooler and tune) came out to 3500$. Everyone reading this. I DO NOT RECCOMEND HAVING THE CAR TUNED VIA REMOTE SUCK IT UP AND GET A PROPER DYNO TUNE AND A GOOD TUNER THAT IS FAMILAR WITH THE 6L80!!!!!!!
chriss2 is offline   Reply With Quote