Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-20-2023, 01:33 PM   #1
NoDakZ/28

Drives: 2014 Z/28 CTF
Driveshaft Shop

I will start by saying this is not a bash at DSS, however, more of a heads up to anyone that needs to deal with them on the "service" side of things. This is long, so I apologize in advance.

I have been dealing with DSS for about a month and a half on getting my set of level 5 axles serviced as I have noticed for some time the passenger side is ticking under certain instances. At first it was easy to contact them through email, getting replies the next business day. That ended after a few back and fourth emails of clarifying and troubleshooting in the garage.

I started calling, usually getting through fairly quick. I finally get them to get me the link to submit for a RMA number, I fill it out and add pictures and a brief explanation on the situation. One week turns to two weeks without a word so I call again and explain. They looked into the rma request and tell me their RMA guy has been away...I understand. The RMA request form also states they are 6-8 weeks out on service which kind of is why I wanted to get the process moving as we are still in winter mode up here.

Another week goes by, so I call again and they tell me the same thing and that now he is a week or two behind on answering the requests. Another week so we are now at 4 weeks since I sent in a request, I'm beyond frustrated but I still understand things are out of my control. I calla few days later and to my surprise they are now 10-15 weeks out on all service work....not really what I wanted to hear. So then they ask me if I wanted to just service them myself and they would sell me the parts. Okay great, that's no problem send me over an invoice and ill pay right away so you can ship asap.

Another week rolls by and no invoice, so naturally I call again. They tell me again they will look into it, however, now with an attitude. She tells me she needs to wait for an approval period to send an invoice even though they have parts in stock and ready to go. Well here we are another week out and no approval or invoice.

So to anyone who needs service work for anything they sell please be aware of this ridiculous wait time and very slow customer service. Again, I don't want this to seem like you shouldn't buy or deal with them because they are a very good performance part company but like anything these days the customer service is just not there anymore.
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM
NoDakZ/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 08:30 AM   #2
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
It's a shit show. My driveshaft order last year was a nightmare. I have to send it back to get modified for the ZL1 diff so I'm dreading all that.
2011 Camaro 2SS, 6.0 iron block forged bottom end, Dart heads, BTR intake, Huron twin turbo kit, Summit stage 3 twin turbo cam, Circle D stage 4 6L90, 3800 FTI converter. BMR suspension, Viking coil overs, Fore triple pump fuel system.
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 09:48 AM   #3
NoDakZ/28

Drives: 2014 Z/28 CTF
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 View Post
It's a shit show. My driveshaft order last year was a nightmare. I have to send it back to get modified for the ZL1 diff so I'm dreading all that.

Yeah, that's not good. I hope they take care of you.
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM
NoDakZ/28 is offline   Reply With Quote