Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 10-25-2016, 05:38 AM   #1
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Thumbs up Yes, another DynoSteve review

Let me start off by saying believe the hype guys. I started off doing my research like a lot of people looking into prices and comparing incentives for buying the SCTx4 Tuner. It came down to Janetty or RPD. I read a lot of good things about Ted and his tunes, but I read even more about the legendary DynoSteve and his work. The real factor came down to the brass taxes; DynoSteve had an offer that was too good to pass up. Special pricing on the tuner for Camaro5 members, and free life time tune updates from him as well for any mod you purchase. DynoSteve messaged with me back and forth for a few weeks helping answer all of my questions/concerns I had. He responded quickly and is really resourceful.

I bought my tuner on Thursday (10/13), it shipped Tuesday (10/18), and I received it Friday (10/21). I was very impressed with the fast (and free!) shipping.

I finally got Steve my stock tune and he returned the badass version to me shortly after. I uploaded it to my Camaro and it just feels all around more efficient. Pulls like a freight train and gets better mpg while doing so are the only differences I can tell as of yet, but then again I've only driven it a few dozen miles. I can't wait to get supporting mods to make it a whole new animal, and with DynoSteve behind the tunes, I know his wizardry will do just that.

10/10 would definitely recommend him and his services to any of you who are thinking about pulling the trigger on buying one of these. Do it and don't look back
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:52 AM   #2
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Get rid of the stock cats and replace wit HF or off road pipes....get re-tuned and enjoy a whole new experience...stock cats like blowing thru a straw..get rid of the restriction (need a re-tune due to leaner A/F ration) and car will run stronger wit added bonus off super raspy exhaust sound....dynoSteve is the man...

BTW - did you verify your maf is the "stronger" unit? If not research and replace if required...makes big diff when using CAI.....
Old 10-25-2016, 12:00 PM   #3
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
Get rid of the stock cats and replace wit HF or off road pipes....get re-tuned and enjoy a whole new experience...stock cats like blowing thru a straw..get rid of the restriction (need a re-tune due to leaner A/F ration) and car will run stronger wit added bonus off super raspy exhaust sound....dynoSteve is the man...

BTW - did you verify your maf is the "stronger" unit? If not research and replace if required...makes big diff when using CAI.....
Cats are definitely coming off haha already have plans for those and long tube headers. But I'll definitely check into the MAF sensor! Thank you!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote