Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 11:05 AM   #1
AF1Strider

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS
Thumbs down My recent experience with Maryland Speed

Hey guys I want to share my recent experience with Maryland Speed. On August 29 I ordered HP Tuners with a wideband O2 sensor. They shipped out the wideband on September 9, a day after I emailed them to get a update on my order. In the email they stated my HP tuners would ship the following week, well the week went by and nothing. I email them again and they say the same thing, next week. I emailed them again on Sept 22 asking about my order and was told sorry for the delays but sure it will not go beyond next week. Well it is October 4 and still my HP tuners hasn't shipped. I have even contacted HP tuners to see if Maryland speed had sent them my order and was told they have not. I understand delays happen, but to me this is unacceptable. I don't appreciate being told for weeks that my order will ship next week and it doesn't and the company doesn't really know. I have placed other orders with them and even referred other people, but after this experience Maryland Speed won't be getting anymore business from me or referrals.

UPDATE: Oct 5, 2016

A Few hours after posting this thread Maryland Speed reached out to me, 2x. They called the first time to tell me they were looking into it, and the second time because they had discovered what had happened. The short story is they never ordered my HP Tuners from HP Tuners. To make up for it Maryland Speed bumped the shipping to overnight. So hopefully this whole thing is resolved. I Will update this again once I receive my HP Tuners.

There are a couple of things that concern me with this though. First I reached out on multiple occasions to Maryland Speed for updates and was informed every time that it would ship the following week, but it never did because it was never ordered. I feel like they didn't care enough to look into the issues until I posted a negative feedback on a forum. Secondly they asked me to have this thread deleted because "it is embarrassing to them" to have a negative forum post about them. The fact that they asked me to have it deleted offended me, and I find it disturbing that a company would ask someone to have there experience in dealings with them deleted because it was not positive. I don't want this post deleted because I would like people to know of my experience with them, and that I won't do business with them anymore due to my experience this time. My time in the U.S. Air Force they pushed core values; Integrity first, Service before self, and Excellence in all we do. This experience with Maryland Speed showed me they don't have any values like that and don't truly value the there customers, just there appearance.

UPDATE: October 7, 2016

I received a tracking number late Wednesday night an the product did show up yesterday.

Last edited by AF1Strider; 10-07-2016 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Update
Old 10-04-2016, 01:39 PM   #2
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
I thought this shipped. Please call me..I left you a message.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:04 PM   #3
AF1Strider

UPDATE:

A Few hours after posting this thread Maryland Speed reached out to me, 2x. They called the first time to tell me they were looking into it, and the second time because they had discovered what had happened. The short story is they never ordered my HP Tuners from HP Tuners. To make up for it Maryland Speed bumped the shipping to overnight. So hopefully this whole thing is resolved. I Will update this again once I receive my HP Tuners.

There are a couple of things that concern me with this though. First I reached out on multiple occasions to Maryland Speed for updates and was informed every time that it would ship the following week, but it never did because it was never ordered. I feel like they didn't care enough to look into the issues until I posted a negative feedback on a forum. Secondly they asked me to have this thread deleted because "it is embarrassing to them" to have a negative forum post about them. The fact that they asked me to have it deleted offended me, and I find it disturbing that a company would ask someone to have there experience in dealings with them deleted because it was not positive. I don't want this post deleted because I would like people to know of my experience with them, and that I won't do business with them anymore due to my experience this time. My time in the U.S. Air Force they pushed core values; Integrity first, Service before self, and Excellence in all we do. This experience with Maryland Speed showed me they don't have any values like that and don't truly value the there customers, just there appearance.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:34 PM   #4
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Thanks for the post.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:50 PM   #5
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
One might say an explanation and an apology on this thread would go a long, long way. Definitely further than asking to have the post deleted and trying to cover up what happened instead of owning it.

One might say...

"I thought this shipped" does not instill confidence either. You don't know what did or didn't ship from your company?
Old 10-05-2016, 08:59 PM   #6
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Quality vendors are few and far between. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:05 PM   #7
Slapshot

Drives: 2010 2SS
Personally, I think this is a bit of the status quo over there.

I ordered some headers recently from them, that wound up taking nearly 3 months to ship. I certainly won't complain about the price, or that maybe I should have inquired about whether or not they actually stock said item. It appears that the company doesn't stock much and simply orders from the manufacturer once we place an order with them.

I get it, low overhead.. yada yada.. My bad for not verifying, but to me it should be stated prior to ordering that said item will need to be ordered from the manufacturer.. ala Jegs, Summit... etc..

Again, no complaints on pricing; it was great. The lack of communicating that said item needed to be ordered AND built by the manufacturer leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:30 PM   #8
PostNup
CAR-DASHIAN

Drives: 2015 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS L99
Just for the record, when I first came to this board I made some rookie / newb mistakes looking for parts to mod my new found joy.

Long and short, Maryland Speed and I got into it (Don't know if he was having a bad day or not) But at the end of the day - we both came to terms.

This has nothing to do with business I know - but a representation of his character.

I have not bought anything from him yet but personally - I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

Business wise - who know what happens behind closed doors.
PERFORMANCE: ColdAirInductions CAI, ADM Race Scoop, Cordes Performance Racing Ported TB/IM/Custom VVT Cam, WFO Milled Heads, Stainless Power 1 7/8" LT/3" HFCs, JBA 3" Comp. Cat-Back, Taylor 10.4mm Plug Wires, Tim King Performance Stage 3 6L80, Circle D Billet 3600 Stall, Nic D ECM/TCM Tune, - 458rwhp/413rwtq (prior to PIM), Forgestar F14 (F)18" / (R)17" Rims.

SUSPENSION: Z/28 Rear UCA Bushings, Carlyle Racing LCA/TA, BMR Adj. Toe Rods/Xtreme Anti-Roll Bar, Justice Pete Castor Locks/Radius Rod Inserts, Pegasus Billet Rear Cradle Bushings, Mickey Thompson Street SS II 305/45/17 tires.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:48 PM   #9
AF1Strider

I'm sure many people have had good experiences with them, I did for previous orders. But this time it wasn't good and I feel it was handled very poorly. They gave me some explanations but in the end I feel like I wasn't important, until I made this thread then things happened. People shouldnt have to make threads to get issues fixed, that's not good customer service to me,. I just wanted to share my experience incase something like this happens to someone else in the future.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:03 AM   #10
PostNup
CAR-DASHIAN

Drives: 2015 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS L99
Like I said, just a character reference from what I have seen, and what happens behind closed closed doors business wise is what it is it is.

If things have changed, I have no knowledge of it... just wanted to point out their willingness to help before everybody jumped on the bash train.

If you had a different experience, I am not trying to take anything away from that and hope I didn't offend
PERFORMANCE: ColdAirInductions CAI, ADM Race Scoop, Cordes Performance Racing Ported TB/IM/Custom VVT Cam, WFO Milled Heads, Stainless Power 1 7/8" LT/3" HFCs, JBA 3" Comp. Cat-Back, Taylor 10.4mm Plug Wires, Tim King Performance Stage 3 6L80, Circle D Billet 3600 Stall, Nic D ECM/TCM Tune, - 458rwhp/413rwtq (prior to PIM), Forgestar F14 (F)18" / (R)17" Rims.

SUSPENSION: Z/28 Rear UCA Bushings, Carlyle Racing LCA/TA, BMR Adj. Toe Rods/Xtreme Anti-Roll Bar, Justice Pete Castor Locks/Radius Rod Inserts, Pegasus Billet Rear Cradle Bushings, Mickey Thompson Street SS II 305/45/17 tires.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:20 AM   #11
AF1Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostNup View Post
Like I said, just a character reference from what I have seen, and what happens behind closed closed doors business wise is what it is it is.

If things have changed, I have no knowledge of it... just wanted to point out their willingness to help before everybody jumped on the bash train.

If you had a different experience, I am not trying to take anything away from that and hope I didn't offend
I'm not offended at all by you. Everyone else that orders from them may have amazing experiences, unfortunately for me I didn't and just wanted to share it. Hopefully it never happens again.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:22 PM   #12
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I ordered kooks headers a long time ago. Great price and excellent shipping. However now I see far more complaints about them. Just like apex, ordered from them long time ago and everything was great but now we all know where they went. Good luck on your order
Old 10-07-2016, 07:52 AM   #13
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosspower View Post
I ordered kooks headers a long time ago. Great price and excellent shipping. However now I see far more complaints about them. Just like apex, ordered from them long time ago and everything was great but now we all know where they went. Good luck on your order
Same here, seems like quality has gone down. I've done business with Maryland twice about 3 years ago, but I mean that was over 1,000 days ago.... so... maybe times have changed.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:57 AM   #14
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
I wouldn't throw this vendor, or any vendor in the trash can over one mistake. Posting about an issue, sure, that way people can see if it's a trend. But if your experience has been all good prior, it was probably a simple human error in tech based world. And it looks like they did what they could to make it right in this case by ponying up for overnight.

It is disconcerting that for awhile they told you it would ship next week a couple of times and hadn't even placed the order. Now, whether this was because the person on the phone was covering up their mistake by making it sound like a shipping issue, or they honestly couldn't see that the order to HP had not been placed I don't know. However, either way, this points to a faulty system in place that the vendor needs to check out.

For you vendors out there, asking these customers to 'whitewash' their issues with you by deleting posts is about the worst thing you can do in terms of an image of integrity. A simple apology, owning up for your mistake, or a good reasonable explanation of what happened with a sincere attempt to make things right will go much further. Look around, read into the real complaints in other threads. What you will see, often written between the lines, and I tell my staff this everyday, the biggest complaint people have in any industry is not the mistake, it's the apathy they receive when it happens. If you care about your business, care about your customers, because they are your business.

Closed Thread