Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Looks like someone is bashing Ted J

I was on LS1 tech and there is a guy on there claiming that Ted J did a bad tune on his car ,I have never seen a bad review of Ted J and I said so . http://*************************-cam...n-artists.html

Every satisfied customer should go there and post their experience.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
GONIF

Looks like the mods won't allow the link here . Any way I hate to see him being bashed .

Last edited by GONIF; 09-06-2014 at 02:26 PM.
GONIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #3
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
Also every dissatisfied customer.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
GONIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
Also every dissatisfied customer.
OK ,that would be fair I guess.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #5
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
I only have great things to say about Ted. Always ready to give advice and very helpful.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #6
white ZL1

Drives: none
Nothing good will come of this thread.
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:24 PM   #7
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by white ZL1 View Post
It won't last long
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:38 PM   #8
jc615
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro and Sierra
The problem is Ted is treated like a God on here and anyone says anything negative is banned or the post is deleted. The truth is, there are plenty of good tuners local to most people but they don't do their research and just listen to all the minions of C5. Buying a handheld scanner and parts from JRE just to get updated tunes is dumb. A canned mail tune does not have the same performance as an actual street or dyne tune by a local tuner. Dont even try to tell me that they are all "custom" either because Im going to call BS.
jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:45 PM   #9
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
I agree
Old 09-06-2014, 09:25 PM   #10
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc615 View Post
The problem is Ted is treated like a God on here and anyone says anything negative is banned or the post is deleted. The truth is, there are plenty of good tuners local to most people but they don't do their research and just listen to all the minions of C5. Buying a handheld scanner and parts from JRE just to get updated tunes is dumb. A canned mail tune does not have the same performance as an actual street or dyne tune by a local tuner. Dont even try to tell me that they are all "custom" either because Im going to call BS.
I tried to resolve complaints with JRE not long ago. How short is your memory? I personally investigated bans related to this issue and overturned 1 ban. This is after dozens of PMs. All you guys listening to your buddies who got banned for no reason need to face reality. They did a lot more than say bad things about one business.

You can post a single negative review on the issue. If we see you trolling another member, disrespecting another member, or posting in all of their threads to cause trouble, we're going to shut you down. Vendors are members. Treat them the same way you expect to be treated by a fellow member of the site.

More importantly, the vast majority of those bans have resulted from other members, not JRE, reporting those posts. In other words, other members are reporting those guys for their behavior.

Here's how you keep your bad review from getting banned:
  1. Leave a review.
  2. Don't bump it.
  3. Update it with new information if you have any. Leave it alone if you don't have new information.
  4. Remember that the vendor is allowed to defend their name. Imagine if someone badmouthed you all over the Internet. How would that affect your job?
  5. If you don't like something, stop arguing and report it so that it goes away if it breaks the rules.

Now that that's over, I'll give my opinion on Jannetty. He's a good guy. He's got a lot of stuff. He genuinely cares about making people happy. I have yet to see a single business, including my wife's, make everyone happy. If you're one of the very few unhappy people, I feel bad that you're unhappy, but you're not the only person on Earth who had things not go their way. Machines break, and that specifically applies to high-performance cars that are constantly under the stresses of racing. Jannetty will sell you parts that you want at a great price. If you don't like that, we've got a whole forum full of other vendors who will get a very similar review from me, including but not limited to RDP, Phastek, Apex, Texas Speed, and others. There's a reason no one, including the aftermarket, wants to warranty racecars.

Furthermore, this thread is not here for discussing the benefits of an email tune. That conversation stops right here.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:41 PM   #11
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc615 View Post
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #12
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
So far my tune from Ted has been working. I have no negative comment so I have to say it is positive so far. I have no way of saying it is not perfect, but then I have no way of saying it is perfect. based on the information given to him when I requested the tune, I would say it is close.
Now I do not think it is appropriate to bash a vendor on a forum. if you have a problem then talk to them in person and iron the difference out. Making your dirty laundry everyone else's dirty laundry is not what we as readers want. We want to hear your experiences but do not want to hear the emotional feelings of what you went through. I know it is hard to do, but keep your feelings to your self and keep the facts authentic.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:20 PM   #13
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by white ZL1 View Post

AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:22 PM   #14
jc615
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro and Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I tried to resolve complaints with JRE not long ago. How short is your memory? I personally investigated bans related to this issue and overturned 1 ban. This is after dozens of PMs. All you guys listening to your buddies who got banned for no reason need to face reality. They did a lot more than say bad things about one business.
No idea what you're trying to get at, have to be more clear

Everything I've stated in this thread is my opinion based on facts I've seen, not some hearsay.

Last edited by jc615; 09-06-2014 at 11:45 PM.
jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote