Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-20-2019, 09:19 PM   #1
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Posting Pictures

We have all taken pictures where, for some magical reason, the camera has rotated sideways or completely upside down. To help those who may not be familiar or have a great deal of experience on how to use Photo viewing and/or editing apps to fix these pictures before posting them, I am providing the following information:

If you are using Windows 10, open and view the picture in the Photo App that comes with it, it has a rotate function that allows you to rotate a pictures 90 degrees each time the button is clicked. Once you rotate the picture to the desired position, it will automatically be saved that way. I have used this process to fix photos on my desktops, laptops and tablet.

If you use an Android device, open and view the picture in the Gallery app that comes with the operating system. Enter the edit mode, rotate the picture as needed and then save it (it does not automatically save). I have also used this process to fix photos on my phone and other tablet.

I'm not familiar with Apple's IOS Photos App (last iPhone I owned was 5); however, a quick google search showed the process for rotating a picture is the same as the one for doing so using the Android Gallery app (once rotated you have to save the picture).

I have also used a few third-party Photo viewing/editing apps the provide a rotate function; most of these you have to save the picture once it's rotated.

Hope this information is helpful
Old 05-21-2019, 09:30 PM   #2
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
I don’t know if it always works with androids or windows as I do everything on here from my iPhone but even when flipping the pictures before posting they still try to post upside down unfortunately. Sometimes they post right and sometimes they stay flipped. I will usually try to edit the picture and make it smaller left to right and this normally allows it to post correctly.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:05 PM   #3
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Thanks Welker. I will give that a try next time.

Sometimes mine flip and sometimes they are fine. No rhyme or reason, always from the same cell phone, but posted from my Windows 10 PC. Strange website bug.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote