Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-25-2016, 12:00 PM   #1
XBumblebeeX

Drives: Yellow Camaro, black stripes LT RS
Camaro Steering wheel swap possible!!!

Hey there!

I created this thread to help any Camaro owner interested in a steering wheel swap!

Mine is a 2013 model, and I didn't like much the new steering wheel on 2012-2015 models, and I wanted to change to a 2010-2011 wheel.

I researched pretty much all threads that talked about steering wheels on Camaros, and I couldn't find any that confirmed that this change was actually possible. I even went to the dealership a few times with no success...

I could order the parts (steering wheel + airbag) but those parts cannot be returned, so I had the risk of spending all that money + labor costs for nothing.

I was almost giving up when a very kind gentleman from the parts department of my local dealership decided to help me! He found out that the bolt pattern is the same, and that the electric connectors were also the same, so it would fit!

I ordered the parts and everything went well with the installation! I am very happy happy with the new steering wheel, it looks awesome and much more Camaro!

Any questions? Feel welcome to message me!
XBumblebeeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:07 PM   #2
XBumblebeeX

Old 03-26-2016, 12:35 PM   #3
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
Bumblebee where's the pictures! I can't see it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:19 PM   #4
rudySS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I want to see pictures
rudySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:01 PM   #5
XBumblebeeX

RE: Pictures

Sorry guys - I never saw your replies!

It might be too late, but I'm sending them anyways!
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2019, 07:23 PM   #6
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
I'm going the other way 2011 to 2012 Zl1 wheel but waiting for cheaper airbag. I have the wheel.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:07 PM   #7
Bandit63

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
You still have the one you took off? Want to sell it?
Old 04-11-2019, 05:17 PM   #8
bertie

Drives: 2001 Camaro
Nice swap! I like the 2011's either.
bertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 06:25 PM   #9
EvanH_19

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2lt Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBumblebeeX View Post
Hey there!

I created this thread to help any Camaro owner interested in a steering wheel swap!

Mine is a 2013 model, and I didn't like much the new steering wheel on 2012-2015 models, and I wanted to change to a 2010-2011 wheel.

I researched pretty much all threads that talked about steering wheels on Camaros, and I couldn't find any that confirmed that this change was actually possible. I even went to the dealership a few times with no success...

I could order the parts (steering wheel + airbag) but those parts cannot be returned, so I had the risk of spending all that money + labor costs for nothing.

I was almost giving up when a very kind gentleman from the parts department of my local dealership decided to help me! He found out that the bolt pattern is the same, and that the electric connectors were also the same, so it would fit!

I ordered the parts and everything went well with the installation! I am very happy happy with the new steering wheel, it looks awesome and much more Camaro!

Any questions? Feel welcome to message me!
Bumblebee, I'm so glad that I found this thread because I have been wanting to do this. I've got a 2015 RS and I'm like you, I don't like the new steering wheel design. I was just wanting to know where you ordered the steering wheel? Also, those pedals are sick, where did you get those as well? Thanks.
EvanH_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:48 PM   #10
Bandit63

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanH_19 View Post
Bumblebee, I'm so glad that I found this thread because I have been wanting to do this. I've got a 2015 RS and I'm like you, I don't like the new steering wheel design. I was just wanting to know where you ordered the steering wheel? Also, those pedals are sick, where did you get those as well? Thanks.
I’ll trade you my 2011 for yours, if you have auto
Old 08-24-2023, 05:39 PM   #11
Brobledo

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro LS v6
2014 Camaro ls steering wheel swap with 2017

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in a forum and I was wondering if it was possible to swap the steering wheel of my 2014 Camaro LS with a 2017 Camaro LS? I've been looking around for answers but didn't have any luck until I found this post, this got my hopes up, and in the case that it is possible are there any links that I can use for getting the steering wheel and anything else I might need?
Brobledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 06:07 PM   #12
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobledo View Post
Hello everyone,

This is my first post in a forum and I was wondering if it was possible to swap the steering wheel of my 2014 Camaro LS with a 2017 Camaro LS? I've been looking around for answers but didn't have any luck until I found this post, this got my hopes up, and in the case that it is possible are there any links that I can use for getting the steering wheel and anything else I might need?
If it's a 6th gen wheel I think someone in the thread below did it, I guess it was a bit of a pain but is possible I didn't read too much into it.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445431

Tags
camaro, replace, steering wheel, steering wheel swap, swap