Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Old 04-08-2018, 04:04 PM   #15
Asskicker

Drives: 17 camaro ss 1le
I'm sure SS 1LE owner loves this question as well.

I also wonder why they suggest toe in setting in performance manual. Is that for slower tire wear, safer for average HPDE driver, or other more significant reason.

In addition, I wonder what parameters are taking account into factory MRC's algorithm. Which mode is more suitable for rough track like turn 1 and turn 17 in Sebring.

Since Goodyear Supercar 3r is specificity developed for ZL1 1LE, does it works better than other sim-slick tire on the aftermarket for SS 1LE application?

Does change of tire compound and size effect the accuracy of PTM system?
The way PTM works was explained in corvette forum.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...rack-mode.html
Quote from links above
"Since the surface is known the PTM system can make a good approximation of the maximum possible engine torque that will not over-slip the tires based on how hard the car is cornering and how fast it’s going"
Due to the surface condition was assumed by system and sticker compound allows more torque to reach same amount of wheel slip. Will the system limit torque output as it assume car riding with stock tire, so the advantage of new tire can not be fully achieved under PTM mode?

Oh god... I have so many to ask
Asskicker is offline   Reply With Quote