Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-30-2018, 10:14 AM   #15
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarityCamaro View Post
No not stock lol, it came with the car when I got it I am the second owner of this car. It’s a 50 shot.

I think you are trying to defend yourself which is ok, but you don't approve warranties. Unless you are stating you are taking it back to a dealer that sold you the car with Nit, then yes leave it on, otherwise you really want to stand in front of a service writer and convince him how when you were on it hard and hit the button for that 50 shot how you weren't out of GM specs, and then you are going to pick a debate with someone that has to replace the SC and then be exposed to the fact they might find something else wrong in the motor and you would expect them to fix it?

You missed your calling, you should run for Congress..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:36 AM   #16
ClarityCamaro

Drives: 2013 black zl1
Not trying to defend myself here... just looking for some advice is all. Sorry if i am coming off that way.
ClarityCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:16 PM   #17
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Leave it on.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:04 PM   #18
ClarityCamaro

I am. Some great news guys! 12-13 camaro zl1’s has a bearing engineering problem on these superchargers, where the bearing wouldn’t grease properly causing it to wear out, so there was a recal on them, I talked to Chevy, advised them of my nitrous and they said since there was a recal on the bearing on the supercharger, regardless of the nitrous, they are replacing my supercharger for free since there was a recal on it!!!! Couldn’t be more happier!
Old 07-04-2018, 05:27 PM   #19
ClarityCamaro

Alright peeps quick update, I changed the oil as it said I had 28% oil life remaining, but then two days before i'm suppose to take it in, ,it says i'm low on oil? Well I change the transmission fluid while I was at it, and the steering fluid, also radiator fluid, just to make it look nice in chevys eyes. ( I do this regardless) but I usually don't change the engine oil until it's at about 10% oil life remaining. However I decided to sense it said I was low on oil....

WELL, as soon as I'm done with all the fluid changes, the noise went away completely.. hasn't came back sense... SOOO was it my super charger bearing not getting enough oil? Doesn't' the supercharger bearing have it's own oil reservoir? I'm a bit confused. Well it's going in the shop saturday, but the noise is complete gone.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:07 PM   #20
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarityCamaro View Post
Alright peeps quick update, I changed the oil as it said I had 28% oil life remaining, but then two days before i'm suppose to take it in, ,it says i'm low on oil? Well I change the transmission fluid while I was at it, and the steering fluid, also radiator fluid, just to make it look nice in chevys eyes. ( I do this regardless) but I usually don't change the engine oil until it's at about 10% oil life remaining. However I decided to sense it said I was low on oil....

WELL, as soon as I'm done with all the fluid changes, the noise went away completely.. hasn't came back sense... SOOO was it my super charger bearing not getting enough oil? Doesn't' the supercharger bearing have it's own oil reservoir? I'm a bit confused. Well it's going in the shop saturday, but the noise is complete gone.
Not related...
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote