Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-28-2009, 07:42 PM   #57
Gunmetal

Drives: Cyber Grey 1SS/RS w/Body Kit
Wow, you have possession of the car, and signed the contract. They cannot change the agreement. The dealership has to absob the loss. If the ground effects were in the contract when you ordered the car, then you need to call GM and have them ship the GF to another dealership. The cost of GF comes from GM when you order the car, unless you made some deal with the dealership to add them later. Mine was in the order slip on the car from GM. I would call GM, and they have a dept that handles it.
Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:47 PM   #58
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
And as for the ground effects, just for clarification... they are not saying this 3500 is owed for the GFX specifically.

The GFX are just in being painted right now and that was the phone call I was expecting to get.. (Lets put the GFX on!) not.... "btw you owe us 3500!"

The 3500 they claim is owed is based off of their "miscalculations" of the total. during our agreement/paperwork/payment process on the date I picked up & paid for my car.
Contact your local DMV they handle dealer issues in some places, also consult with a lawyer and the BBB. You do not owe them anything other than the paint job on the ground effects. Tell them and attempt to collect your gfx, DO NOT let them put them on your car. They have shown themselves to be dishonest and I would not allow them anywhere near my car you have no idea what they will do to it. They will most likely threaten you and try to keep your ground effects. At that point demand your money back for the GFX and go to another dealership. If they refuse then its time for them to receive a letter from a lawyer. If they continue to refuse legal action may be necessary.

One last thing, did they tell you how much painting the gfx would be and do you have that in writing. If not they may try to stick there 3,500 in their
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:47 PM   #59
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Thanks for all the tips/advice and replies. They are all appreciated. I am also not offended by those who seemed to think I was "wishy washy" on taking the order. That uncertainty came because of all the misinformation I was getting at the time and I was considering purchasing the car elsewhere. They delayed returning my deposit most likely in hopes that I would come around and decide to keep the car. (which I did and we agreed on). shortly thereafter, I found my car on craigslist despite all previous paperwork + deposit still being in place. They corrected this, but what would have happened had I not found this I wonder? After this incident I think both myself and the dealer were a little less "pleased" in our dealings with eachother both with understandable reasons.. But I think they handled things on their end very poorly to begin with.

Anyways, not gonna reply to everything just now..

But a few things that seem to have been confused.

The total cost of the vehicle and everything was agreed upon BEFORE the date of pickup. Which is how I knew how much to bring in on Bankdraft to the penny after the GM loyalty discount & my 2500 deposit. I did not walk into the dealership to pickup my car not knowing what I would be paying... I brought the remaining balance of what we agreed upon thus far.

The "changes" in cost occurred when they talked me into the extended warranty, which was done on the day of pickup and therefor not included in our original prior to pickup price. And then the Business Manager after adding this in said that I had been over-charged, as a result he refunded me some $ when the amount I had given them exceeded the amount he had totalled.

As far as the math goes, I have done the math on the original sales receipt/agreement several times over since they have made this claim.. I think the primary problem lies within the way the Business Manager totalled things up. If I total up all of the expenses and subtract everything I have paid. (Including the refund I was given).. It would appear that his total does not agree with what should have been calculated. Therefor it would appear to be a mathematical error on their end which neither I nor they had realized, and so we had moved on to the total and completed the business transaction in agreement upon the total which he had come up with after the calculations.

So, it would "appear" that this balance has become an issue due to a mathematical error on their behalf during our original contract. And not merely out of some desire to "rip me off" further. This error can be found if you re-calculate everything on the original bill of sale, but the total agreed upon does not match this total which accounts for the 3500.

So 3 months later with everything already agreed upon, am I accountable for their mathematical error, or are they? And what about the inconvenience this causes me? Either way this is poor business. And only adds on to my unsatisfactory experience to date.

This 3500 has nothing to do with the GFX, except for the fact that the issue has come up @ the same time that they happened to have my GFX in for painting and the potential "hostage situation" that has been pointed out, which could arise if things are not settled reasonably.
Anyways, thanks again for the advice and comments. Some good points were made and I appreciate it.

I will update when there is something worth updating with. I wanted to take some time to roll it around a bit and think on it before I acted out in any way. And I have not called them back yet as I wanted to know what I was calling back to say first.
What a mess.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #60
Gibby
Z28 LS9

Drives: Traverse, Blazer, Cadillac,Fat Boy
Just curious, didn't you find it odd that you added an extended warranty, and then they gave you $900 back?:(
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #61
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
ONLY DO THE FOLLOWING IF YOU FEEL THEY HAVE A LEGAL leg to stand on and you are going to be hounded constantly about this for the rest of your entire life:

Tell them you want to REMOVE the extended warranty from the equation, and tell them to re-calculate what you owe after that.

After they calculate that new smaller amount that you owe to them, when you come to pay them offer them HALF THAT AMOUNT OR NONE OF THAT AMOUNT DUE TO ALL THE B.S. THEY CAUSED.

chances are you can end this completely if you sign a document stating you KNOWINGLY WANT THE EXTENDED WARRANTY cancelled.

Thing is, it's possible whoever the company is who offers the extended warranty, will be UPSET because they just lost 2500 bucks or whatever they tried to charge you. In fact, that extended warranty company is probably hounding the dealership for the money the dealership owes THEM. which is why the dealership is hounding YOU for it. That company probably has a clause where you can't just drop the warranty because they have documents proving that you bought it already and they likely don't offer a refund.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:24 AM   #62
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
Just sit down with them and talk about where and how the error occurred. Double check your math too, maybe something legit was missed. I wouldn't tell them to just F-off, I would image they would just put a lien against your car, or put your name in collections or something to hurt your credit. When I bought my truck from a dealer years ago I paid in full with certified check from the bank. Two years later they called me and said I was overdue to have my LEASE CONTRACT renewed!!! I told them I didn't lease it, I bought it! They told me I was making a mistake! I told them they better double check that and call me back. They never did, how embarrassing that must have been! Point is, mistakes do happen. I hope they did in your favor!!!
paid for car out right. they cant just get a lien ..esp if he has his paperwork.....collections : a joke..he faxes or sends registered mail copies of his paperwork, and lets collection agency know any further communication is a form of harrassment & legal action will be taken.

end of that
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #63
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I agree with 2001ragtop.....

Sounds like the extended warranty is what screwed things up anyways. Especially since it's not a true GM warranty, I would tell them that you want to cancel the warranty they sold you. Let them know you assumed it was a GM warranty and they kind a stuck it to you on that aspect anyway.

How much and for how long did they charge for the warranty? Back off the price of the warranty and try to figure out what you would've paid without the warranty. Maybe they'll acually owe you money at that point? If technically you still owe them then that will be up to you if you want to see if they'll forget everything by removing the 3rd party warranty.

Then if you still want a GM warranty, shop around on this forum. I would be willing to bet you'll find a better GM warranty than what you paid for on the 3rd party warranty. That's if you even want an extended warranty any more. That's a whole other subject. Search the forums....there are plenty of threads about this.

I think you should still contact a GM Regional Director and give them a heads up of what happened and your feelings about the whole thing. If this kind of stuff is happening over and over again from the dealership then GM needs to know so they can address it from higher up. If you never say anything and then the dealership ends up really screwing someone over then GM may not know it is a common issue with that dealer.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #64
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Your dealer is an idiot. Not only does your dealer represent the obvious failure of their elementary education, their inability to agree to the conditions of a legal contract that they signed makes them a colossal liability to their dealership. Their expectation that you pay extra for their mistake assumes that you understand and empathize with the situation. The best remedy is to treat them like a toddler. If you pay up, they'll only keep asking people to cover their sorry asses. If you don't pay up, they might learn a thing or two about taking responsibility.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #65
billw501

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
They made a mistake on their paperwork, you realized it later, now they want their money for the mistake they made and you're upset even though you know the mistake was made. Is that about right?

Check all the small print. A clause for an accounting mistake will probably be in there. If not, I don't see that they have a legal stand to make you pay.

Last edited by billw501; 11-29-2009 at 02:34 PM.
billw501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:39 PM   #66
Eduk8r

Drives: Blue 2SS/RS
I will have my lawyer call your lawyer.
Eduk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:45 PM   #67
jimmie.briseno

Drives: camaro
well my mother is a legal secretary for over 20 years and she knows alot about legal presedence adn she says that if you signed documents agreeing to a price they can not change it. I would go to them in perosn with the doc's and tell them they agreed to a price and they can not change it after the fact because they made a mistake.
jimmie.briseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:11 PM   #68
Gibby
Z28 LS9

Drives: Traverse, Blazer, Cadillac,Fat Boy
I hope thats true. Keep in mind, this happened in Canada, and the law may be different here.

You can't blame the dealership for trying, though. They had to ask.
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:44 PM   #69
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
So I guess he is saying he agree's they made a mistake, they are trying to recoup their loss by just asking you to compensate them.
I don't think they have any legal precedent although you should get a free consultation with an attorney first.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:40 PM   #70
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
What a cluster......

Good luck to you mayhem
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote