Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #155
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post

The new Camaro is a great car, but if the 2011 model comes with all the bells and whistles, this could hurt the collector value of the 2010, making it less desirable.
And the new Administration, Congress, and CAFE could kill the car after this year... ( well, it could ). Then you'd have one of the only 5th gen Camaros. How much would it be worth then?

All I'm saying is enjoy it for what it is- something we haven't had for almost 8 years.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:17 PM   #156
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
thanks scott. haha this just may push me from a 2LT RS to a 1SS.. not a bad trade off if you ask me aha.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:17 PM   #157
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
And the new Administration, Congress, and CAFE could kill the car after this year... ( well, it could ). Then you'd have one of the only 5th gen Camaros. How much would it be worth then?

All I'm saying is enjoy it for what it is- something we haven't had for almost 8 years.
True enough

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:20 PM   #158
Moonsault
5th Gen STIG

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
If they do not reduce the price because of the door-only situation regarding the ABL, do you think they would alter the price of the Interior Orange package, seeing that the orange ABL is the prominant feature of this optional package? How do the people who ordered the accent package feel about the door-only ABL announcement?
Old 02-26-2009, 06:25 PM   #159
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Hum get a motorcycle LED kit & controller. Drill, some glue. A screwdriver. Panel popper etc. DIY.

Roll Ur own..
Old 02-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #160
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
The new Camaro is a great car, but if the 2011 model comes with all the bells and whistles, this could hurt the collector value of the 2010, making it less desirable.
Not necessarily... the 2010 will still mark the "return" of the next-gen Camaro. Some people will dig that, and want one of the "first runs"... maybe?

I don't care. I'm getting it anyways. The possible features for next year, I've decided, do not interest me.
  • HUD is not that cool (I just don't get the big deal about it). I can see my speedometer just fine, without it being shoved in my face as a dancing distraction on the windshield.
  • The reverse sensing (although I wanted it at first) adds those ugly dots on your bumper. With a car that looks this good, I don't want to put anything I don't like on the exterior.
  • And ambient lighting... well, I fell in love with this car when I saw the exterior... any cool stuff on the interior is just a bonus, to me.
Just my opinion...

Plus, the current scare of the financial state of GM, coupled with CAFE, etc... I know it's not probable, but it is still slightly possible... and I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to own the car I've been drooling over for years. No sitting around and waiting this time... that's what happened when I decided I wanted to get a 4th gen... then look what happened...
Old 02-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #161
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
DEI sells a universal reverse sensing add on. DEFI makes huds.. (they kinda blow though) and a 6 piece flex tube motorcycle or interior LED kit.

Roll Ur own.

I hang out with the low riders sometimes and you should see some of the stuff they do to interiors. Those glow strings etc. Glow wire. Lava lamps etc.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:34 PM   #162
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
Plus, the current scare of the financial state of GM, coupled with CAFE, etc... I know it's not probable, but it is still slightly possible... and I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to own the car I've been drooling over for years. No sitting around and waiting this time... that's what happened when I decided I wanted to get a 4th gen... then look what happened...
This is why I went ahead and ordered mine about 9 months earlier than I was going to. Probably wouldn't happen, but certainly could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsault View Post
If they do not reduce the price because of the door-only situation regarding the ABL, do you think they would alter the price of the Interior Orange package, seeing that the orange ABL is the prominant feature of this optional package? How do the people who ordered the accent package feel about the door-only ABL announcement?
I ordered the IO interior with the accent trim package. Would have been kinda cool but being in the doors is fine with me. I'm not a GM fanboy. I just really like this car. I'm finally in the position to get a car for myself and I didn't like the 4th Gen at all but I had a 73' in HS 20 yrs. ago so this is perfect.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #163
sstphoenix

Drives: Black 2LT RS 5th gen
personally i VERY dissapointed. Ill still keep my order as is, but some kind of Camaro candy in return from GM would be nice. N kind of expected to be honest..
Old 02-26-2009, 06:40 PM   #164
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
GM has to sell MANY more Camaros than will be bought by enthusiasts. If any of us don't buy this car because of this, I don't think it will dent sales of this car hardly at all. I certainly see where some are pissed and I'm NOT saying they shouldn't be. I'm just not bothered by it and I hope that those who are can find some peace with it because I think they will be happy with the car as a whole. But I beleive there are some that would still be pissed, even if GM gave them adequate money off.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #165
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
I'll miss the complete ABL and HUD, ect... But I can barely wait the next couple of months for this car much less another year, so I'm buying regardless and I'll trade when the added features make it worth my while. Hope it doesn't look to toady without the dash ABL though.

Last edited by dbotsfordtat; 02-26-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #166
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
I don't think that it's the LED's that are the problem.

Heat is, most likely, the issue. Over time and with extreme temperatures, the gap between the LED strip and the dash may warp. Having lights in there will only point out these warps...

Not having the light strip in there will "hide" the gap. Having that gap backlit will just accentuate the warping.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #167
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
Not necessarily... the 2010 will still mark the "return" of the next-gen Camaro. Some people will dig that, and want one of the "first runs"... maybe?

I don't care. I'm getting it anyways. The possible features for next year, I've decided, do not interest me.
  • HUD is not that cool (I just don't get the big deal about it). I can see my speedometer just fine, without it being shoved in my face as a dancing distraction on the windshield.
  • The reverse sensing (although I wanted it at first) adds those ugly dots on your bumper. With a car that looks this good, I don't want to put anything I don't like on the exterior.
  • And ambient lighting... well, I fell in love with this car when I saw the exterior... any cool stuff on the interior is just a bonus, to me.
Just my opinion...

+1 on all of that. I have nothing more to add because that's a great sum up of the what the Camaro should be about.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
Old 02-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #168
Marc NY
GM Powered!

Drives: SSR & An SS Camaro Next?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckWS6TA View Post
gonna be hard to have ambient lighting in a car that bankruptcy will kill.
Then you will have to just get one before it happens ...

Closed Thread