Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #29
12 ZL1 #1725

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Black 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busabob View Post
You are going to love the Pilot Sports. They came stock on my 2009 CTS-V, lasted 23k miles and I used them. I didn't "abuse" them but I did a lot of aggressive road driving when the opportunity presented itself in the twisty roads of northern AZ. they performed at 85-90% at 22k miles as they did at new.

I replaced them with Hankooks (R12?) and they would not perform after 8k miles. They just got slimey when heated up. They still had tread but I might as well have had $100 "may-pops" on it.

Expensive but worth it!!
Great! How did they hook up if you took aggressively...? Will they grab or just spin.?
12 ZL1 #1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #30
Busabob

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12 ZL1 #1725 View Post
Great! How did they hook up if you took aggressively...? Will they grab or just spin.?

I really never ran the car with the TC off. It has 600 RWHP with the A6 and with the TC off it was hard to launch. My experience was leave the TC on and launch at 80% until rolling then WOT. I would get a little spin in 1st and 2nd but it was effective on the street.

I always ran my best times at the track in sport mode with the TC on. With the TC off it would get squirrelly. I'm not much of a 1/4 mile guy though, where they really shined was on the road. Very confidence inspiring, gave tons of warning, and they lasted.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:26 AM   #31
12 ZL1 #1725

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Black 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busabob View Post
I really never ran the car with the TC off. It has 600 RWHP with the A6 and with the TC off it was hard to launch. My experience was leave the TC on and launch at 80% until rolling then WOT. I would get a little spin in 1st and 2nd but it was effective on the street.

I always ran my best times at the track in sport mode with the TC on. With the TC off it would get squirrelly. I'm not much of a 1/4 mile guy though, where they really shined was on the road. Very confidence inspiring, gave tons of warning, and they lasted.
Great! Thanks for the information! I appreciate it!
12 ZL1 #1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #32
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
I had my alignment checked. It was completely off, they had no idea why it was off so far. Asked me if I did anything to the suspension, which is easy and obviously an easy check. He spoke with the general manager and they are going to replace the tires. Still waiting for them to call once they come in. Thanks all for the reassurance that I was not crazy to think these tires should have lasted longer.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #33
Shifty
One Shot, One Kill

Drives: 14 1LE
I just put on some PSSs at 20,500 on stock GYs. Rears were BALD, looked like slicks. I drove a lot of highway miles and when not on the highway I drove very spirited. No track time on the tires.