Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #841
Carriccp

Drives: Sold
I have a 2011 1LT Camaro that's experiencing severe static when listening to my iPhone. Checked the software and it's DA/DA. What all do I need to tell my dealer/GM to get the latest update to eliminate this static? I'm assuming it would be covered under warranty?

Sorry if it was covered in the 34 pages previously.
Carriccp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #842
Jonny

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Convertible Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriccp View Post
I have a 2011 1LT Camaro that's experiencing severe static when listening to my iPhone. Checked the software and it's DA/DA. What all do I need to tell my dealer/GM to get the latest update to eliminate this static? I'm assuming it would be covered under warranty?

Sorry if it was covered in the 34 pages previously.
All you should have to do is just go. There's a TSB out on it already. If you have DA hardware, they'll automatically order and install a new piece of hardware that will come w/ new software. Whether you get the DB or the DD software seems to be up to luck. Some dealers get the right part, some don't. Either way, it'll be better.
2011 "Victory Red" Camaro 2LT Convertible RS • Custom Painted "Corvette Black" Racing Stripes • SLP Rear Quarter Gill Graphics • Painted Engine Cover • EmblemPros Underhood Bowtie • River City Creations Custom Painted Bowties • Vararam Intake • JDP V6 VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Hypertech Max Energy Programming • ******** Large Sub Enclosure • 10" DC Sound Labs Level Four Subwoofer • Sundown SAX-1200d Amp • 2SSRS Rear View Backup Camera Kit
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #843
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Carriccp, you should be fine if you tell your dealer you're having an issues with the PDIM system. They should be able to diagnose and resolve it for you as Jonny said. If you have any other questions let me know.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #844
Carriccp

Drives: Sold
Sounds good guys. I probably won't be able to get it to the dealership until this weekend but I will keep you updated.
Carriccp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #845
spurscar

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS A6
Wow, so they're still on the same version I got installed back in April, eh?

Nice to know they got it right back then. Even with DB/DD I haven't had re-indexing
or static or anything... and it STILL remembers Random.

And nice to see 2010's finally got the OK as well!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #846
Jonny

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Convertible Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscar View Post
Wow, so they're still on the same version I got installed back in April, eh?

Nice to know they got it right back then. Even with DB/DD I haven't had re-indexing
or static or anything... and it STILL remembers Random.

And nice to see 2010's finally got the OK as well!
Not everyone is as lucky. My dealer refuses to give me DB/DD and GM has told them that DD isn't for Camaros. So I get static, "..." for song names, and reindexing every single time the Nano crashes, which is all the time. I hate my PDIM. :( However, GM Corporate is working on the case, and hopefully I'll have some kind of resolution soon.
2011 "Victory Red" Camaro 2LT Convertible RS • Custom Painted "Corvette Black" Racing Stripes • SLP Rear Quarter Gill Graphics • Painted Engine Cover • EmblemPros Underhood Bowtie • River City Creations Custom Painted Bowties • Vararam Intake • JDP V6 VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Hypertech Max Energy Programming • ******** Large Sub Enclosure • 10" DC Sound Labs Level Four Subwoofer • Sundown SAX-1200d Amp • 2SSRS Rear View Backup Camera Kit

Last edited by Jonny; 10-18-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #847
spurscar

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS A6
Might be worth a drive to a few other dealers until you find a better one?