Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #43
stros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
Thanks for the kind words regarding our kit. The sound will get even better and more refined as it breaks in over the first 500 miles. Let us know if you need anything Welcome to the SOLO family.
Thanks Steve. I'm very impressed by the engineering of your kit. The J pipe design not only prevents the drone - but the way you hide the J pipes behind the rear valance is absolutely perfect. You guys really thought this kit thru thoroughly. The protrusion of the tips too is really perfect too. Both the looks and sound are top notch and perfectly suited to an L99 AFM setup.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #44
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
My Flowmaster Outlaws are extreme as well! Even with a resonated x pipe. Drone is bad on the M6 with these so watchout for the loud mufflers! J pipes being fabbed up today and put on.
Even though I have the M6, I got the car back today with the fabbed up J pipes set at 28" length and no drone!. Thanks to Steve and all the input here on the site I can keep my ears from hurting after 20 minutes! Car did get more quiet and the decel popping reduced even more to only a bit louder then stock, idle is nice though.My system is similar to the Solo with the resonated x pipe I have and the outlaws are basically a tuned muffler delete.Car is almost to quiet! But got used to how loud it was I guess. Only thing to do is delete the stock resonators as they wont be needed to get a bit more sound, didnt think I would have to say that!

J pipes do work!
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #45
Switchback700

Drives: 2010 2SS IBM L99
Great info.... thanks Stros..... that system would be interesting to hear with headers... would the J pipe frequency target have to be re-adjusted?
Switchback700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #46
stros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchback700 View Post
Great info.... thanks Stros..... that system would be interesting to hear with headers... would the J pipe frequency target have to be re-adjusted?
I thought I read a thread mentioning that you may have to adjust them. They look fairly easy to adjust.

Just an update...drove my SS to work for the 1st time today. Still sounds perfect. Really a nice balance - fairly loud when you want it, quiet when you don't. Nice rumble in the parking garage too....pretty cool Definitely the best custom exhaust I've had so far.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #47
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stros View Post
I thought I read a thread mentioning that you may have to adjust them. They look fairly easy to adjust.

Just an update...drove my SS to work for the 1st time today. Still sounds perfect. Really a nice balance - fairly loud when you want it, quiet when you don't. Nice rumble in the parking garage too....pretty cool Definitely the best custom exhaust I've had so far.
Any chance you could post a vid? How much louder is it at idle than stock? I want to hear some V8 rumble/burble, but not obnoxious either.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #48
stros

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Any chance you could post a vid? How much louder is it at idle than stock? I want to hear some V8 rumble/burble, but not obnoxious either.
E.T...replied to your pm as well. The biggest differences between stock and Solo to me are at start up and under light or heavy acceleration. The idle definitely is deeper, louder and more muscular sounding than stock especially when sitting in the garage or in a parking lot. On the street it's a bit more difficult to notice it at a stoplight. That's probably the one area where I wouldn't mind it being a little louder - but I'm sure there are trade offs to that.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #49
stros

Oh, also regarding the Vid. Your best bet is looking at this thread posted by Solo
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...highlight=solo

The sound on my camera just won't do it justice unfortunately. Even compared to the Solo video I think the tone is smoother and deeper in person.

Best bet of course is to hear it in person - but I couldn't find anyone around here either and just took a chance on it.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #50
E.T.

Just ordered the Mach XL with J-pipes for my L99. Can't wait to hear this car sound the way it was supposed to! Will start up a thread once it's installed

Old 02-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #51
fshog

Drives: 2011 RS/2SS
Subscribed! I am looking to see the results of E.T.'s experience as well!
fshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #52
E.T.

Got the Solo installed

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...70#post4459070