Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-13-2017, 09:44 AM   #4565
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Thanks guys!
Old 09-15-2017, 04:54 PM   #4566
FenwickHockey65

http://www.trucktrend.com/news/1709-...cted-for-2019/

2019 Blazer.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:32 PM   #4567
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Yay, another mid size cuv........
2016 Red Hot 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC, Nav, and Sunroof. VIN #115750
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:28 PM   #4568
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
Yay, another mid size cuv........
Yay indeed. Tons and tons of people want them, so its good for GM to have a Chevrolet entry in the segment. It will slot nicely between the compact Equinox & the full-size Traverse crossovers.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:57 PM   #4569
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Blazer means garbage imho

Isn't it basically an Acadia. Why not drive customers to gmc for that size truck? Offer some real diversity across brands. Or just have 10 of the same cars with different badges and dash light colors like in the late 90s
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:28 PM   #4570
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
Blazer means garbage imho

Isn't it basically an Acadia. Why not drive customers to gmc for that size truck? Offer some real diversity across brands. Or just have 10 of the same cars with different badges and dash light colors like in the late 90s
Probably because GMC attracts a different buying set than Chevrolet does, even if the products are mechanically identical. Most people who buy a Chevy will go to Ford or Dodge before GMC.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 09-16-2017, 01:46 PM   #4571
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Yay indeed. Tons and tons of people want them, so its good for GM to have a Chevrolet entry in the segment. It will slot nicely between the compact Equinox & the full-size Traverse crossovers.
Its boring and you know it. They have enough small SUVs. Trax, Equinox, Blazer, Traverse. Come on. Make a tough different SUV.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:47 PM   #4572
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
Its boring and you know it. They have enough small SUVs. Trax, Equinox, Blazer, Traverse. Come on. Make a tough different SUV.
I think you're the first person to call the Traverse a small SUV.

Anyway, enthusiasts are not normal buyers. 99.9% of people want something that is easy to live with to and from work every day. Those vehicles are inherently boring. The more interesting something is, the more compromises you have to make in ride, handling, fuel economy, space, etc. So, GM can either invest a billion dollars into something boring that will sell, or a billion dollars into something thats interesting and won't. Its not that hard of a choice to make. Besides, the more they make off of boring things, the more they have to waste on interesting stuff.

Personally, I don't understand the appeal of either SUV's or crossovers and I think that most people should be buying sedans, wagons, and hatchbacks instead. Added bonus: that makes it a lot easier to make 'interesting' variants at minimal cost (ie, coupe, convertible, and sporty models). But thats not where the market is these days. Maybe in 10 years it will swing back in that direction, but it looks like for the next while the crossover is king.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 09-16-2017, 04:58 PM   #4573
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
What's sad... Chevy's iteration of its new Blazer compared to Ford's iteration of it's new Bronco.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228

Last edited by sherob; 09-18-2017 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Fix typo
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:58 PM   #4574
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Quote:
I think you're the first person to call the Traverse a small SUV.

Anyway, enthusiasts are not normal buyers. 99.9% of people want something that is easy to live with to and from work every day. Those vehicles are inherently boring. The more interesting something is, the more compromises you have to make in ride, handling, fuel economy, space, etc. So, GM can either invest a billion dollars into something boring that will sell, or a billion dollars into something thats interesting and won't. Its not that hard of a choice to make. Besides, the more they make off of boring things, the more they have to waste on interesting stuff.

Personally, I don't understand the appeal of either SUV's or crossovers and I think that most people should be buying sedans, wagons, and hatchbacks instead. Added bonus: that makes it a lot easier to make 'interesting' variants at minimal cost (ie, coupe, convertible, and sporty models). But thats not where the market is these days. Maybe in 10 years it will swing back in that direction, but it looks like for the next while the crossover is king.
I said small, i meant front wheel drive. And the new Traverse is amazing. Chevy has hit a home run.
I am not asking for the world, all I want is fun tough rear wheel drive suv. In the mean time I will enjoy my SS, and my Custom Edition Tahoe when it gets in.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:13 AM   #4575
FenwickHockey65

CAMI is on strike.

GM has a 53 day supply of Equinoxes but with how well the new model is selling, that won't last long.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #4576
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
CAMI is on strike.

GM has a 53 day supply of Equinoxes but with how well the new model is selling, that won't last long.
Probably around 2 months, or a little bit less ...

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 09-18-2017, 12:46 PM   #4577
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:

Not that I don't agree with you, but my take is that they sell b/c they sit up higher, and that higher feeling, combined with the SUV-ish nature of a small CUV makes them feel roomier than a sedan, even if they aren't. The height makes them "easier" to do things like put your kids in the seats, or load/unload groceries. I'd rather drive a car, but I don't see the CUV favor going away anytime soon. Most people would rather have the above, and trade off the small MPG hit that a sedan would give them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
CAMI is on strike.

I hope it keeps selling well. Every time I see one on the road I think "good CUV, nice interior, boring exterior". I think it might be the most boring looking offering in the segment. I hope the Blazer gets more style, but with the Traverse and Equinox looking similar, it only makes sense the Blazer will be similar also.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:56 PM   #4578
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Not that I don't agree with you, but my take is that they sell b/c they sit up higher, and that higher feeling, combined with the SUV-ish nature of a small CUV makes them feel roomier than a sedan, even if they aren't. The height makes them "easier" to do things like put your kids in the seats, or load/unload groceries. I'd rather drive a car, but I don't see the CUV favor going away anytime soon. Most people would rather have the above, and trade off the small MPG hit that a sedan would give them.
Maybe thats why I don't get it. I like to sit low.

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions