Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-28-2009, 09:46 PM   #85
BigDan

Drives: bug
^ Is your Z/28 an auto?
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:56 PM   #86
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
not stock but yea. great for bracket racing.
and road racing as the CTS-V that set the quickest sedan record at the ring was an auto.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:07 PM   #87
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
and road racing as the CTS-V that set the quickest sedan record at the ring was an auto.
F1? there becomes a time when it's just insane to take your hands off the wheel. and then there's just laziness. lol.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:20 PM   #88
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Yeah im a bigger fan of the LS7 over the LSA, it would make the Z/28 unique instead of just being a re-badged CTS-V with a body kit and less luxury, plus we've already seen a mass horde of supercharged LS3 Camaros, the last thing i wanna see is a mass produced version -_-'

As for the 1LE, there's been a lot of talk about it from fans and such but there's not been any comment on it actually being considered, and i doubt it even will be with how prissy the standards for a muscle car are now, its gotten pretty rediculous really, if you dont have remote start, sunroof, 9-12 speaker 1000 watt stereo, heated 8-way leather seats, and on-screen navigation then its not even worth buying apparently, lol, its pretty retarded in my oppinion and goes against everything a "muscle car" is supposed to be (that being stripped down, bare bones performance) my big quote is "if you want a muscle car buy a Camaro, if you want a luxury car but a Cadillac" ...for everyone that wants all that extra crap buy the CTS-V, its got all the performance and accomodations you could ask for, but leave the bells and whistles off our muscle cars so we dont have to pay $7k extra for all that stuff cause for most of us that forces us to opt for the V6 >={ and id love to see a 1LE package, id be on the order list for sure...and honestly when was the 1LE package ever a big seller? haha the two times it was offered you'd think it was considered a government secret with how hush-hush it was LOL

Just wanted to say that the LS7 is going to the big warehouse in the sky, so the LSA is looking more and more likely every day.

Add to the fact that the engine/tranny combo in the CTS-V is proven and putting it in another car (z/28) could help lower the cost for both cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #89
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Yeah im a bigger fan of the LS7 over the LSA, it would make the Z/28 unique instead of just being a re-badged CTS-V with a body kit and less luxury, plus we've already seen a mass horde of supercharged LS3 Camaros, the last thing i wanna see is a mass produced version -_-'

As for the 1LE, there's been a lot of talk about it from fans and such but there's not been any comment on it actually being considered, and i doubt it even will be with how prissy the standards for a muscle car are now, its gotten pretty rediculous really, if you dont have remote start, sunroof, 9-12 speaker 1000 watt stereo, heated 8-way leather seats, and on-screen navigation then its not even worth buying apparently, lol, its pretty retarded in my oppinion and goes against everything a "muscle car" is supposed to be (that being stripped down, bare bones performance) my big quote is "if you want a muscle car buy a Camaro, if you want a luxury car but a Cadillac" ...for everyone that wants all that extra crap buy the CTS-V, its got all the performance and accomodations you could ask for, but leave the bells and whistles off our muscle cars so we dont have to pay $7k extra for all that stuff cause for most of us that forces us to opt for the V6 >={ and id love to see a 1LE package, id be on the order list for sure...and honestly when was the 1LE package ever a big seller? haha the two times it was offered you'd think it was considered a government secret with how hush-hush it was LOL
I'm one of the retards, but think it would be great to have a 1LE package for those who'd want that. I can't see that it should be that complicated to eliminate a lot of the fluff we're getting in cars now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Just wanted to say that the LS7 is going to the big warehouse in the sky, so the LSA is looking more and more likely every day.

Add to the fact that the engine/tranny combo in the CTS-V is proven and putting it in another car (z/28) could help lower the cost for both cars.
That's what I'm been trying to get across this entire time too

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:17 PM   #90
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
I see no problem with offering a stripper trim option, just not as the only option. The small price of producing it would be offset by the enthusiast buying them, but would lead to an advantage due to having more options than the competition. This would also greatly interest enthusiast who would buy it mostly due to the time saved by having to buy a higher priced trim, take out the unnecessary parts, then losing the money you would save from buying the stripper version.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #91
paulyd04

Drives: 12 Silverado XCAB Z71 APP PKG
oh and i'm not so sure that they will offer it in the z28 for a couple of reasons...

1. Normally in GM's high performance stuff, a manual is all you get- Z06, ZR1, etc...

2. V8 Automatic sales are horrible compared to the V8 manual cars- at my dad's dealership we've only had maybe 2 automatic SS (and they were equipped right) and those 2 cars outlasted a TON of manuals. We're located in Iowa so you would think with the older population we would sell more autos (as we do in Corvettes) but everyone seems to be shying away from the Auto when you get an SS (might also be due to L99 vs. LS3)

I think it might be an alright deal but i'm not sure it will happen. GM is extremely tight on money and if they can't profit from the auto Z28, it's gonna be manual only.
paulyd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #92
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyd04 View Post
oh and i'm not so sure that they will offer it in the z28 for a couple of reasons...

1. Normally in GM's high performance stuff, a manual is all you get- Z06, ZR1, etc...

2. V8 Automatic sales are horrible compared to the V8 manual cars- at my dad's dealership we've only had maybe 2 automatic SS (and they were equipped right) and those 2 cars outlasted a TON of manuals. We're located in Iowa so you would think with the older population we would sell more autos (as we do in Corvettes) but everyone seems to be shying away from the Auto when you get an SS (might also be due to L99 vs. LS3)

I think it might be an alright deal but i'm not sure it will happen. GM is extremely tight on money and if they can't profit from the auto Z28, it's gonna be manual only.
Autos and manuals are almost dead even sales wise if you look at the total numbers of Camaro's sold. The breakdown is on this site.

And your post before that is not worthy of a response.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #93
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:

Please stop posting, you are lowering everyone's IQ by having them read your posts.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:26 AM   #94
paulyd04

Drives: 12 Silverado XCAB Z71 APP PKG
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGriffin78 View Post
Please stop posting, you are lowering everyone's IQ by having them read your posts.
haha sorry for hurting your feelings about my automatic flaming... lowering your iq huh? well I come with almost 25 years of experience in the car business working for some of the Midwest biggest dealers so I'd say I could enhance your iq a bit

oh and the previous poster about auto and manual being even- i'd say v6 auto sales are ofsetting the lack of v8 autos...

I just speak from straight experience- we've sold approx 20 camaros mostly SS and we've only had 3 auto SS that sat on the lot while our manual SS continued to fly off.. I order all the camaros for us and I refuse to order auto SSs unless it's a sold order

btw speaking of awesome camaros- we just got in and sold a wicked looking one I specially speced and ordered- while w/ orange stripes with orange interior package 2ss 6speed w/ chrome it looked so sick
paulyd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #95
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

2. V8 Automatic sales are horrible compared to the V8 manual cars.
Quote:
I just speak from straight experience- we've sold approx 20 camaros mostly SS and we've only had 3 auto SS that sat on the lot while our manual SS continued to fly off.. I order all the camaros for us and I refuse to order auto SSs unless it's a sold order
This may be true at your Dad's dealership...but here's the big picture:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52242
Quote:
V8 Transmission
A6 (17,529 units) — 52.21%
M6 (16,048 units) — 47.79%
I think it would be worth offering in the Z if only to lure potential GT500 buyers who would prefer an automatic the Ford is lacking.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #96
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Thanks DragonEye for that post!

Granted if I do want to get a Z28 if it comes out I'll go with the Manual, but if they come out with an Auto Z28, that will be an amazing performance car.

Also, good idea about them competiting with Ford by producing an Auto Z28.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:59 AM   #97
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
This may be true at your Dad's dealership...but here's the big picture:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52242

I think it would be worth offering in the Z if only to lure potential GT500 buyers who would prefer an automatic the Ford is lacking.
An example of this idea working would be me: Purchasing the used GT500 or SS was a hard choice for me. The fact it didn't have an automatic transmission, along with other reasons, was the final straw on what turned me towards buying the Camaro.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:13 AM   #98
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
With the auto/manual designs available it will be made. Who would ever of bought Ferrari's with autos before the paddle shifts? It will be available in the Z/28 I'm sure.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote