Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 10-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #99
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Next spring someone can take on the problems with mine. I'm going to dump it like a hot potato. Now my rear end is groaning. I can see where this car is headed long term and it's not a good direction. I know not everyone has these issues but enough have and personally I'm done with it.

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:42 AM   #100
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
My 50th Anniversary just started doing this a couple of days ago around 5,600 miles.. :( Taking the car to the dealer on Monday to get it checked out.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:50 AM   #101
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
Next spring someone can take on the problems with mine. I'm going to dump it like a hot potato. Now my rear end is groaning. I can see where this car is headed long term and it's not a good direction. I know not everyone has these issues but enough have and personally I'm done with it.

I feel ya bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:58 PM   #102
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:

Are you planning on another coupe? If so, what?
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:15 PM   #103
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
Are you planning on another coupe? If so, what?
I'm picking up a Hellcat. Pretty much decided on the Challenger but considering the Charger.

"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
Old 10-13-2017, 01:28 PM   #104
Adrian97c

Quote:
I'm picking up a Hellcat. Pretty much decided on the Challenger but considering the Charger.

Have you searched the problem threads on those cars yet? I haven’t, but just good idea.

I’m losing faith in expensive muscle cars.

Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
Old 10-13-2017, 01:30 PM   #105
G Fo12ce

Drives: '16 2SS
Thanks for the info, I just started noticing this issue last week.
• 4/19/16 2000 Accepted with 5ZU
• 4/23/16 3000 TPW:5/16/16
• 5/06/16 3100
• 5/13/16 3400 Broadcast Sheet
• 5/24/16 3800 Vehicle Produced
• 5/25/16 4B00 Bayed
• 5/27/16 4300 Intermediate Delivery
• 7/9/16 Delivered!
G Fo12ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:41 PM   #106
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
Have you searched the problem threads on those cars yet? I haven’t, but just good idea.

I’m losing faith in expensive muscle cars.

I have actually. Been looking at them for the last 6 months. They have had a few issues but most seem resolved. Keep in mind that the challenger hasn't changed much since they brought it back. From what I can tell FCA is keeping their folks happy.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:53 PM   #107
WikidChik

Drives: 2016 camaro
Angry This car has been a nightmare!!!

I received my 2016 2SS on feb 23rd 2016. This is my third camaro the previous being 5th gens. I have had nothing but problems. Iv had the exhaust replaced due to the valves seizing then raddleing which was causing a constant squeak. 3 months after the exhaust replaced the new exhaust started again. I had the rear diff replaced in the spring which is now acting up and had to have the fluid changed again yesterday. The breaks and rotors are not holding up and had to be replaced already AND now i seem to be having this torque converter problems that everyones talking about. Smh this really upsets and disapoints me. The dealership is going to love me calling next week telling them yet AGAIN my trans is messed up. They couldnt reproduce it last time i brought it in. Come on chevy whsts going on? I was NEVER in the shop with my 5th gen. Kinda wish i hadnt traded it in for my 16.
WikidChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:19 PM   #108
V8Snob
Banned

Drives: SS Camaro
I took my 16 SS A8 in for rear end groan and transmission shudder last week. They changed diff fluid but i have to come back because the updated transmission fluid is on back order. SMH only 10k miles
V8Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:21 PM   #109
Adrian97c

Quote:
Originally Posted by WikidChik View Post
I received my 2016 2SS on feb 23rd 2016. This is my third camaro the previous being 5th gens. I have had nothing but problems. Iv had the exhaust replaced due to the valves seizing then raddleing which was causing a constant squeak. 3 months after the exhaust replaced the new exhaust started again. I had the rear diff replaced in the spring which is now acting up and had to have the fluid changed again yesterday. The breaks and rotors are not holding up and had to be replaced already AND now i seem to be having this torque converter problems that everyones talking about. Smh this really upsets and disapoints me. The dealership is going to love me calling next week telling them yet AGAIN my trans is messed up. They couldnt reproduce it last time i brought it in. Come on chevy whsts going on? I was NEVER in the shop with my 5th gen. Kinda wish i hadnt traded it in for my 16.

My 5th gen also has the breaks & rotors issue... traded in for 16’ & brake & rotors aren’t holding up either

Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
Old 10-17-2017, 05:05 PM   #110
Natro33

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT2 v6 A8
AFM shudder

I'll try to not bi*** too much here. 2016 2LT V6, 17k miles. I noticed the rumble strip/shudder earlier in the year. Had it in for a host of other issues and brought up the AFM shudder; claimed this was normal behavior for the vehicle. So, I stuck with it and have come to hate the shudder and overall V4-V6 transition with a passion. I tried RANGE, it worked ok for two weeks then it started acting up. Took her to the dealer and drove with the shop "foreman", I rode shotgun and could feel when it was acting up. I asked the "foreman" if he could feel it and he said "yes". Dealership called me today and said there is nothing out of the ordinary but as a "courtesy" they will do the 3x flush next week when the fluid comes in. I know I need to be patient but really, do they think I would drop of my car for warranty service just for fun. I love the Camaro but if this doesn't fix it my options are; tune out AFM and void my warranty, keep fighting the fight with the dealership and GM, or drop the Camaro. Soo frustrated.
Natro33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:19 PM   #111
Adrian97c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natro33 View Post
I'll try to not bi*** too much here. 2016 2LT V6, 17k miles. I noticed the rumble strip/shudder earlier in the year. Had it in for a host of other issues and brought up the AFM shudder; claimed this was normal behavior for the vehicle. So, I stuck with it and have come to hate the shudder and overall V4-V6 transition with a passion. I tried RANGE, it worked ok for two weeks then it started acting up. Took her to the dealer and drove with the shop "foreman", I rode shotgun and could feel when it was acting up. I asked the "foreman" if he could feel it and he said "yes". Dealership called me today and said there is nothing out of the ordinary but as a "courtesy" they will do the 3x flush next week when the fluid comes in. I know I need to be patient but really, do they think I would drop of my car for warranty service just for fun. I love the Camaro but if this doesn't fix it my options are; tune out AFM and void my warranty, keep fighting the fight with the dealership and GM, or drop the Camaro. Soo frustrated.

AFM has nothing to do with this Issue. Maybe you have something else?

Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
Old 10-17-2017, 07:43 PM   #112
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natro33 View Post
3 things - 1. If it's under warranty then demand that they do this TSB. 2. Find another dealer. 3. I highly doubt you have an AFM problem. I demanded that they do this TSB. You are a customer and if you don't get the service you want then either take it to a higher authority or change dealers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk