Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-14-2018, 08:48 AM   #15
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Yup love my Monster lt1s its a dual disc and drives like stock, and you can buy lighter weight flywheels or not; and mine uses the stock slave, and do yourself a favor and get the billet bearing support...… before one melts....
Old 10-14-2018, 12:11 PM   #16
zz430camaro

Drives: 2015 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Yup love my Monster lt1s its a dual disc and drives like stock, and you can buy lighter weight flywheels or not; and mine uses the stock slave, and do yourself a favor and get the billet bearing support...… before one melts....
Found two different dyno tests posted from Steve at Monster stating this LT1-S clutch package with the standard weight flywheel will make more power cause of the lower moment of inertia. Did you notice any faster revving?

Camaro SS with just the clutch change with 28 lb flwheel + LT1-S

Name:  LT1S dybo.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  85.9 KB

Corvette LS6 clutch change to LT1-S

Name:  corvette lt1s.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  63.8 KB
zz430camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:21 AM   #17
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I believe its based on a Corvette type / ZL1 clutch and Love mine its just like a stock feel, I am pretty built though and Unloaded of course I rev up with cam surge a little but as far as revving up faster.... I am usually too busy driving and inertia is what you want and I use the steel. Once a object in is motion it tends to stay in motion some bloke said that once...… Great for the street, if I was say doing twisty turnies with long pauses in the shifting I would worry about lighter weight..... and try to rev match more etc.... Not that I am not good at it, some times I like to rev up then hit it for a rolling fish tail.....with the nannies on....
Old 10-16-2018, 07:59 AM   #18
BFASTNOTLAST

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Stock parts
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2018, 08:03 AM   #19
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz430camaro View Post
Found two different dyno tests posted from Steve at Monster stating this LT1-S clutch package with the standard weight flywheel will make more power cause of the lower moment of inertia. Did you notice any faster revving?

Camaro SS with just the clutch change with 28 lb flwheel + LT1-S

Attachment 960671

Corvette LS6 clutch change to LT1-S

Attachment 960676
i think some of the gains you'll see from people installing the LT1-S are from their original/previous clutch not holding anymore. some of the gain, not all of it. can't say how much gain is from the clutch holding vs the improved MOI and or weight reduction, but it definitely all adds up.

how much lighter is the lightwheel flywheel?
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:18 AM   #20
eLeSthree

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Whichever clutch you choose, do yourself a favor and get the Tick Remote Bleeder.

It sucks to bleed the slave cylinder without it. Its borderline impossible. Imagine the worst possible position, while holding the smallest open end wrench you can find, and barely getting any bite on the bleeder fitting, cause if you get a good bite you'll knock loose the vacuum hose thats rerouting the brake fluid from falling onto your face, and trying to tell your assistant when to push and hold the clutch pedal. it ****ing sucks.

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock" SOLD
630whp 658wtq

2024 F-150 RCSB 5.0 4x4
waiting for tunes...
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote