Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #29
fbodyauto

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wray1991 View Post
About 50 on the drivers rear quarter. The 2 year old decided to draw on it with a flat head screw driver while I was washing the passenger side this last weekend.

Wow.... I am sorry :(
Old 07-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #30
fbodyauto

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by efpardo View Post
3 years and None
Nice on keeping her scratch free, and BEAUTIFUL car might I add. I am guessing this is at MIS? I am trying to get my car a picture inside of Daytona International Speedway!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #31
wray1991

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
He would see 3 if it was my car!
He drew a house above the wheel well and some nice circles behind it. They were very white looking right afterwards. I buffed with some polishing compound then wax, but they are there. Not through the paint, but broke my heart. I let him know it was not acceptable to touch cars, but he is only 2.... He gets under the car with me and the tools, only doing what he has seen. He also loves the sound. "Go FASTER dad" is all I hear from a 2 year old.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #32
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Probably close to 50. not exaggeration either the paint really sucks
I can back this up! I personally feel the paint is weak and cheap... I counted roughly 50 paint chips alone! Add in the scratches and junk I am nearing 75 maybe.
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #33
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wray1991 View Post
He drew a house above the wheel well and some nice circles behind it. They were very white looking right afterwards. I buffed with some polishing compound then wax, but they are there. Not through the paint, but broke my heart. I let him know it was not acceptable to touch cars, but he is only 2.... He gets under the car with me and the tools, only doing what he has seen. He also loves the sound. "Go FASTER dad" is all I hear from a 2 year old.
That's cool. My kids are 11 and 13. I made it abundantly clear that if they scratched my car they would regret it. I also explained why I would make them regret it. I put a duct tape line on the ground behind it in my garage and told them that their bike will never cross that line.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #34
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Had my 2LT for 3 years 9000 miles...zero scratches 1 rock chip no dings. I know...amazing.

Had my SS for one day, found mystery door ding next morning, getting fixed right now. I truly believe the dealer did it with my own 2LT trade, but they told me to pound sand. They quoted $93 to fix...not bad.

I never ever ever let anyone park next to my car within striking distance, not even my own mother, not even for one minute. If I try to go to a store or something and there is no safe spot, I leave. Not even if I'm staying right with the car, it's not worth the fight if it happens, and 9 times out of 10 there will be a fight over it.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #35
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Two door dings, many stone chips on the front, and already replaced the windshield.

27,000 miles of driving and grinning.

It's a car. I drive it. Stuff happens.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #36
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
I've been very lucky and very unfortunate all at the same time.
Been rearended twice and had a door ding on the driver door.
Each time, I was able to have the car repaired good as new without any out of pocket.

That was until two nights ago. I got a delightful 10" long scratch on my passenger fender. I can only assume that a neighborhood kid clipped it with their bike. I never park outside my house, always in the garage, but that night, I had my 19 month old son with me. I parked outside, got him out of the car and took him indoors. I didn't want to leave him alone in the house while I went back out and parked the car, so locked it and closed the garage. Two hours later, I go to pull the car in the garage and there is the 10" scratch.

While I was bathing my son, I heard my dog barking like crazy... so I assume that is when that happened, but of course, I didn't want to leave my son alone in the bath either to investigate.

Lesson learned, park the car in the middle of the garage, and deal with the wife complaining when she gets home! A lot cheaper solution!

Just got to work out how I am going to deal with the scratch now. Think I am going to try my luck at painting, wet sanding, compounding, glazing and polishing.

Any advice on products/kits? It's through to the metal in a couple of areas. :(

Built: 11/18/22
VIN received: 11/19/22
On a Train: 02/27/23
ETA: TBD

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #37
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Scratches, gouges, and chips. That's what happens with a DD driven on logging roads everyday.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #38
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
No scratches, but about 10,000 stone chips.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #39
crateish

Drives: 45th Anniversary 2LT/RS Coupe
Gotta define 'scratch.' I just noticed a bunch of micro-scratches on the pointy tippy end of my driver's door. I have concluded that they were put there by getting in and out of my DD wearing my dress shirt and being careless with the cuff buttons.

So, tons. I suppose.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #40
JN3WMN

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
[QUOTE=dkp2LT;5349080] Scratches - Previous owner curb it so there are a couple on the bottom of the front bumper but you can't see unless you crawl under. No visible scratches anywhere else.

QUOTE]

Same. 2010 19K miles
JN3WMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #41
Sidewinder

Drives: 2SS/RJT/A6/Received 09/09/09
one small scratch on the pax door = my fault. Plan to repair
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #42
wray1991

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
That's cool. My kids are 11 and 13. I made it abundantly clear that if they scratched my car they would regret it. I also explained why I would make them regret it. I put a duct tape line on the ground behind it in my garage and told them that their bike will never cross that line.
I have a ten year old too. That would have been a different story. I would have only been able to post on here when I got some computer time at the country jail.