Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-14-2018, 07:37 PM   #15
GPI Support

Drives: Too many to count...
We've got complete cam install packages put together to make it a little easier piecing together everything you need for the install

LS3:
https://gwatneyperformance.com/produ...#configuration

L99:
GPI Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:03 AM   #16
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Yes you should do the lifters with the amount of miles on the engine they have made tracks on the cam face and will not be friendly to your new cam, this BTR stuff and springs warnings...… not much I have heard over the years here...… At one time before even 8620 cores some comp cams did not get micro polished well/ some batch from the ovens in China did not go well and that was long ago. Loved my plain core 235/239 TSP cam I had and pulled after over 10k and sold was in perfect condition but I break in with driven racing br30 and run ls30 for oil. You should think about the new costs; Head gaskets, new TTY bolts for pulling the heads, new Baskets for the lifters, and smart money is on a high volume pump if ls3 and a dogbone dampener.

And being a old motor head I run a fluidampr. And this would be time to Bush the trunnions also...…..Just a few thoughts. Many places use cams cores that are form a common source and call them their own, BTR could be using cores from Cammotion or COMP , etc.... Frankly the little extra for 8620 is worth it and you need to heat cycle the springs a couple times even if you don't believe in a break in. Good Luck.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:13 AM   #17
Morgan.13

Drives: 2011 camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Yes you should do the lifters with the amount of miles on the engine they have made tracks on the cam face and will not be friendly to your new cam, this BTR stuff and springs warnings...… not much I have heard over the years here...… At one time before even 8620 cores some comp cams did not get micro polished well/ some batch from the ovens in China did not go well and that was long ago. Loved my plain core 235/239 TSP cam I had and pulled after over 10k and sold was in perfect condition but I break in with driven racing br30 and run ls30 for oil. You should think about the new costs; Head gaskets, new TTY bolts for pulling the heads, new Baskets for the lifters, and smart money is on a high volume pump if ls3 and a dogbone dampener.

And being a old motor head I run a fluidampr. And this would be time to Bush the trunnions also...…..Just a few thoughts. Many places use cams cores that are form a common source and call them their own, BTR could be using cores from Cammotion or COMP , etc.... Frankly the little extra for 8620 is worth it and you need to heat cycle the springs a couple times even if you don't believe in a break in. Good Luck.

^listen to this guy and you will be okay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Morgan.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:19 AM   #18
Baddbird

Drives: 2014 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPI Support View Post
We've got complete cam install packages put together to make it a little easier piecing together everything you need for the install

LS3:

L99:
Op Use the link above You won't regret it I know for sure they can take care of you
Baddbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:22 AM   #19
LsxDoctor
15 Year LS1Tech Member

Drives: 2010 ss 391ci LS3
Not sure if OP is serious.
LsxDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, night fury, opinions, push rods, valve springs