Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-16-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
toetter

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS CGM 6M
Talking Climate controlled garage storage for my C5 gang... *UPDATE*

If anybody is interested, I have access to a climate controlled warehouse that will be used for storing (AWESOME CARS) only. My uncle just bought it and will be storing his 3 Chevelle's there. (Show cars trust me) The cost may vary depending on how long you would like the car stored. The basic amount if refereed by me will be 75 dollars a month. Discounts will be available if stored longer. The warehouse is located in Omaha, Ne at 85th and Blondo St. area. He would like 50 cars stored if possible. Alarm armed and very discreet. Let me know if interested. Unfortunately it is getting to be that time of year.
Starting NOV 1st.

E me on the price. It will be 85 a month for short term storage and 75 a month for long term storage (6 months or more) Still a hell of a price!!

The outside appearance will not be changed and it will look like a professional fabric shop. No need to know what is actually inside.

If for some reason you need to get to the car or want to take it for a ride on a rare nice day, you will have access to it.

PM me if interested.

Thanks

Last edited by toetter; 10-17-2011 at 04:42 PM.
toetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Damn I wish you were in CT.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:04 PM   #3
toetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
Damn I wish you were in CT.
just a short drive this way.....
Old 10-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
toetter

What do you think of the price?? Just checking??
Old 10-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #5
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I am not interested but my 2 cents... $75 a month for climate control and alarm is pretty damn good!

POS self storage units large enough to hold a car are that much.

Is it a put it in and forget about it or can you come by and take it out? May be something a potential renter may want to know.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #6
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
I was paying $150/month for a 10 by 20 storage unit last year with no climate control. If I was close by, I would definitely do that for $75/month.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
toetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toetter View Post
If anybody is interested, I have access to a climate controlled warehouse that will be used for storing (AWESOME CARS) only. My uncle just bought it and will be storing his 3 Chevelle's there. (Show cars trust me) The cost may vary depending on how long you would like the car stored. The basic amount if refereed by me will be 75 dollars a month. Discounts will be available if stored longer. The warehouse is located in Omaha, Ne at 85th and Blondo St. area. He would like 50 cars stored if possible. Alarm armed and very discreet. Let me know if interested. Unfortunately it is getting to be that time of year.
Starting NOV 1st.

E me on the price. It will be 85 a month for short term storage and 75 a month for long term storage (6 months or more) Still a hell of a price!!

The outside appearance will not be changed and it will look like a professional fabric shop. No need to know what is actually inside.

If for some reason you need to get to the car or want to take it for a ride on a rare nice day, you will have access to it.

PM me if interested.

Thanks
UPDATED INFO Just fyi
Old 10-17-2011, 05:06 PM   #8
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Friendly word of advice to your uncle--make sure he's got the proper amount of insurance before taking that sort of storage on. 50 cars would represent a TON of property damage, should something demolish the building.

I'm sure he's thought of that already, but just a friendly reminder. 50 cars x $40,000 = $2mil.

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #9
toetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
Friendly word of advice to your uncle--make sure he's got the proper amount of insurance before taking that sort of storage on. 50 cars would represent a TON of property damage, should something demolish the building.

I'm sure he's thought of that already, but just a friendly reminder. 50 cars x $40,000 = $2mil.
Thanks for the advice. I will make sure he has researched that properly!!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #10
DandD

Drives: 2010 2SS and 2011 LS
I just got my 10 x 20 storage unit today, very clean, insulated but not heated, this storage company has each unit alarmed. $95/month, 6 months = $570. As for the insurance, Each individual is responsible for providing insurance on their own vehicle. Anyone who would allow anyone else to store a vehicle in their building without the car owner retaining full coverage insurance is just asking for trouble. Some finance companies will allow you to drop your insurance down to Theft/vandalism/fire for the storage period, mine is not one of them.
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #11
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Going rate from what I've seen in Central NY region (albany syracuse utica) Is about 80+ a month for a self-storage unit.

I've checked into one "luxury" storage place. (Climate controlled, concrete floors, alarms, etc.) they wanted 125 per month.

If I lived near Nebraska my SS would be sleeping in a certain "fabric shop" next to some show quality Chevelles.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:53 PM   #12
Shock Em

Drives: '15 AGM 2SS/RS, '12 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
Going rate from what I've seen in Central NY region (albany syracuse utica) Is about 80+ a month for a self-storage unit.

I've checked into one "luxury" storage place. (Climate controlled, concrete floors, alarms, etc.) they wanted 125 per month.

If I lived near Nebraska my SS would be sleeping in a certain "fabric shop" next to some show quality Chevelles.
My 10X15(not for my car) in Bville is $125...Guess I should have shopped around a little more, but I wanted one real close.
Shock Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #13
toetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post

Old 10-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #14
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
< Puts on 'car theif' hat.

"I've got a great idea! Let's rent that old place on 85th and Blondo under a fake identity in Omaha and make it look very discreet, maybe something like a fabric shop. Let's post up on the internet, offering 'climate controlled storage' for owners of late model American muscle cars with an advertised price of $75. We'll keep the storefront running until the place fills up, and then clean it out during the hours when it's not available for access. Nobody will ever see it coming!!!"

So, to the OP...while it's a great idea, likely with benign intentions...you don't ever want to give away the location of 50 "awesome" vehicles that are sitting in storage for the winter. You might want to lead in with "Storage available in the greater Omaha area, contact me for details" instead of giving a block location and what's potentially inside.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote