Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want to see an automatic option for the ZL1?
Yes 1,312 66.30%
No 667 33.70%
Voters: 1979. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #729
Viral

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
It's amazing how many comments on here are 'i voted yes! Offer an auto, but MY order will be 6MT!' how many of those 65% actually plan to get an auto zl1?? Or at least help pay for the option with an increase in the price of their manual...
Old 04-26-2011, 10:43 PM   #730
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
I had forgotten the test ZL1 had the auto. I bet they are just playing with us and the A6 will be offered.

I'm courious what the age bracket all the people are in that are so anti-auto and even
going to far as to say disabled vets don't deserve this car.

I bet pretty young and couldn't afford it anyway.

I have an 805 ft lbs of torque to all 4 wheels in my 6200 lbs Denali that has a auto transmission. I must Not be a man.

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:53 PM   #731
jesserayjames

Drives: Drives a 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6M
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes==============================>>>>>>
Old 04-26-2011, 11:21 PM   #732
jazznurse

Drives: 2012 ZL1;2011 Cruze
If it dosen't have three pedals, it isn't worth driving.
jazznurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #733
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznurse View Post
If it dosen't have three pedals, it isn't worth driving.
Yea shitty ferrari's and lambo's when they going to learn
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:18 AM   #734
Jabs

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLarry View Post
No way. Why kill the fun. GT500 owners would laugh at you.
By getting the auto GM will also win over those that wanted the GT500 but didn't get it because it only comes in manual

Jabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #735
Jabs

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
Yea shitty ferrari's and lambo's when they going to learn

Jabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #736
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Still waiting on word from GM. I expect it will take a little for them to put together an official announcement.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:52 AM   #737
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
We have all heard the ZL1 with an auto here before and we have seen spy photo's to also suggest that they have alway's known that the hardcore driving enthusiasts will most definitely be buying the 6 speed manual but that the majority of enthusiasts will want a fast shifting auto to meet their needs. I love the manual but I could see why the auto is so popular, having learned how to drive on a stick in my younger years but having settled for the auto for my daily needs for most of my years. Now I urn for that feeling that only a stick brings me while I know that I will be giving up some convenience doing so but will gain that feeling of "one-ness" between man and machine thats hard to describe as you row thru those gears. It doesn't matter if it's a camaro or a old beater of a farm truck, it's not so much about the drive as we say but it's more about the fun you have getting there. I rented a 1SS auto for the "Little Talladega" track event hosted by MTI back in '09 and I had a blast. I played with the paddle shifters and I played with the sport mode settings to include doing the fuse pull. I loved it. But something is still pulling me to go manual with the ZL1. GM please build the auto ZL1 so we ALL can have our cars the way we want them.

This sounds like an auto to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=z7eD0_dlXYM
Old 04-27-2011, 03:44 AM   #738
Bogey99

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
Well my additional .02 cents on this subject, at two recent NATIONAL drag strip competitions; SuperChevy Show (Palm Beach International Raceway) and more recently LSX Challenge Series 5TH Gen ShootOut (Atlanta), both 1st Place Winners were driving A6's . (( I was 2nd place at both events, and I have A6)

Oh and lets not forget PQ vs GTAHVIT grudge match at CF II, the winner a A6......................
WHO CARES!!! How about we make a super faster car and give it a robot driver and YOU can ride along. This is about the driving experience not how fast you can shift gears and get down a track. A real driver wants to be in control of his car, its about the feel. No body cares how fast your automatic transmisson can shift through the gears.
Bogey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:28 AM   #739
crewxp

Drives: 2LT RS Summit White Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey99 View Post
WHO CARES!!! How about we make a super faster car and give it a robot driver and YOU can ride along. This is about the driving experience not how fast you can shift gears and get down a track. A real driver wants to be in control of his car, its about the feel. No body cares how fast your automatic transmisson can shift through the gears.
Make a robot driven car then...
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:10 AM   #740
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey99 View Post
Orly? I expect you to not want Traction Control, StabiliTrak, Launch Control, ABS, Skip Shift, etc. I'm glad you can decide what cars are about though.

On a lighter note, I wish they'd let us know something! It's either sell my L99 for the ZL1 or keep it and mod it to make the "manly men" lose!
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #741
edz10ss

Drives: Silver Metalic Ice w/ black Stripes
I think they should do an automatic without a doubt. It would hurt sales if you didn't. Don't forget I still think you need to bump up the hp a little and make the guages a little nicer.
edz10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:31 AM   #742
BU_Gingerneer

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green SS/ RS
Hahaha Robot Driver - great.
BU_Gingerneer is offline   Reply With Quote