Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
Vgav1221

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS/M6 Black w/ Orange Guts
Hurst Billet 2 Short Throw Shifter Installed / Question

Thanks to Phastek, i was decided to pull the trigger about a week ago on a short throw shifter. Must say they have great customer support and a good informative sales team. :respect:

After installed i ripped through the gears a few to test it out and i can defiently feel the difference and made it so i can chirp my tires thru my gears again.

my QUESTION is a functionality issue. When i go to pull the stick to the right towards my reverse while in neutral and i let it go it doesn't snap back to the middle hard but just kinda like crawls like a snail.

When i do it the opposite way it snaps back like a rubber band the way it should.

I also feel it kinda gets stuck in that little metal piece between 1 and 3, and 2 and 4th if you understand what I'm talking about please help!!! ( I have a 2011 2LT/RS/M6/V6

Really simple mod. Made my car a lot more fun to drive again and the reduction is just crazy. I would def recommend this to anyone who likes to play around with their m6 sometimes when they're driving , i know u guys know what I'm talking about.

Im also rockin a metra kit with an awesome alpine IVA Nav 10 head unit.

Gotta have a seexyy girl with me at all times

Here Are some Pics :
\

Vgav1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:38 AM   #2
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
if you used that dymat tape on your linkages, that will cause it, I removed all of mine and there is some noise, but the shifter feels even better
Old 11-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
Vgav1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
if you used that dymat tape on your linkages, that will cause it, I removed all of mine and there is some noise, but the shifter feels even better
I'm really not worried about noise, if ur driving stick last thing on ur mind should be ur shifter noise, was it hard to take off after u put it on already?
Old 11-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
peels right off
Old 11-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
Vgav1221

Okay cool, well see if thats a hot fix.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
Did you reinstall the centering springs ? Cause if you didn't, adding them will help recenter in neutral.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowyCamaro View Post
Did you reinstall the centering springs ? Cause if you didn't, adding them will help recenter in neutral.
It's weird, only the 6 has these springs. When I installed mine, I was at a standstill because the instructions from Hurst do NOT mention how to remove these springs at all. I was at wits end and almost cut my dust boot open to see what the hell was going on in there. I got the damn thing out and then repositioned them and put the new one in. I don't know if they are necessary but if I had to do it again, I'd pull them out too.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
Vgav1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
It's weird, only the 6 has these springs. When I installed mine, I was at a standstill because the instructions from Hurst do NOT mention how to remove these springs at all. I was at wits end and almost cut my dust boot open to see what the hell was going on in there. I got the damn thing out and then repositioned them and put the new one in. I don't know if they are necessary but if I had to do it again, I'd pull them out too.
i didn't put them back in i pulled them out. its only having the issue when i go to the left towards reverse, its slowly getting better so maybe it'll just get better without having to touch it
Old 12-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #9
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vgav1221 View Post
i didn't put them back in i pulled them out. its only having the issue when i go to the left towards reverse, its slowly getting better so maybe it'll just get better without having to touch it
That's what she said. :-)

Yeah someone on here posted how to remove them, I read it after I installed. Hopefully it gets better for you
Old 12-11-2013, 01:54 AM   #10
Vgav1221

Quote:
That's what she said. :-)

Yeah someone on here posted how to remove them, I read it after I installed. Hopefully it gets better for you
it feels a hell of a lot smoother, i didn't remove it yet. but its going back faster now with wear, lol thats what she said too
Old 12-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #11
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowyCamaro View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vgav1221 View Post
I removed the centering springs as well when I installed my Hurst shifter. I've had it in for two years without them and it snaps right back like it should. I'd remove the dymat tape and see what that does.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #12
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
Quote:
Yes,aren't the springs fun??!!! Not! I ended up slicing the boot and removing the springs with a 1/4" drive socket. Then I used duct tape over the rubber seal.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:13 PM   #13
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by United_727 View Post
Yes,aren't the springs fun??!!! Not! I ended up slicing the boot and removing the springs with a 1/4" drive socket. Then I used duct tape over the rubber seal.

I was so freaking close to that, you have no idea. Razor blade in hand in the heat of the moment dropped the knife and just pulled up and out to like 5th 6th gear and it came out.