Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-15-2019, 06:06 PM   #1
hubris140

Drives: 2017 Z06/Z07
Purchasing advice for 2017 ZL1

Hey folks, my buddy's considering this 17 ZL1. It's priced well for having only 8k miles. Almost too well in my opinion but I haven't been paying much attention to the ZL1 market lately. IMO, GM performance cars in CA are priced at a premium compared to the rest of the country so I'm surprised this car is coming in at a good price.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3388/overview/

What do you guys think? Are there any ZL1 packages that could add or remove value on paper - similar to the 3LZ or Z07 package on the C7 Z06 which usually has a 5-8k delta on used Z06s?

Additionally, I wanted to request if anyone on here can run a dealer VIN check to see if the car has any gotchas red flags?

Thanks in advance!
hubris140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:21 AM   #2
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubris140 View Post
Hey folks, my buddy's considering this 17 ZL1. It's priced well for having only 8k miles. Almost too well in my opinion but I haven't been paying much attention to the ZL1 market lately. IMO, GM performance cars in CA are priced at a premium compared to the rest of the country so I'm surprised this car is coming in at a good price.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3388/overview/

What do you guys think? Are there any ZL1 packages that could add or remove value on paper - similar to the 3LZ or Z07 package on the C7 Z06 which usually has a 5-8k delta on used Z06s?

Additionally, I wanted to request if anyone on here can run a dealer VIN check to see if the car has any gotchas red flags?

Thanks in advance!
You have to shop around and see what other prices you get for the same/similar car with the options. OEM options will not add or remove the value of the car, unless if you get it fully loaded and try to trade it in. Resale values are flatter, and sometimes you may not get an appreciation for options etc. Make sure that the options on a car are exactly what you want with it so you can get the full value and enjoyment from the car.

You should also look at the car (if used) before buying. Used is just that...used, and scratches, small dents, marks, rock chips, stains etc. are not readily seen in photos. You should see what you're getting before signing on the line for a relatively pricey item.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:57 PM   #3
hubris140

Drives: 2017 Z06/Z07
Thanks for the info. Will pass it along.
hubris140 is offline   Reply With Quote