Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #15
Bigg Slimm

Drives: 2017 corvette z06
The rear end is secured with a chain at the back of the trailer which is used to secure the car through the suspension
Bigg Slimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:50 PM   #16
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Really the car is held on by the front tie downs over the tires. Crank on them
Old 05-19-2018, 01:37 PM   #17
DirectTo

Drives: Sold!
Also watch the angle of the ramps to the body of the trailer or you may bottom out as you top the ramps and begin moving down the trailer. Mine did on flat ground and I don’t have side skirts or anything.
DirectTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:14 PM   #18
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Thanks everyone, appreciate the insight.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:14 PM   #19
Bow Tie Fanatic

Drives: 2018 Mosaic Black Metallic ZL1 A10
Be very careful. I messed up 2 rims trying to load mine.
Bow Tie Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:01 AM   #20
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
I did. Hauled my new back from another state. Had to removed the plastic lower air dams, other than that it fit perfect. Just be careful to remember that when exiting the door is very close to that fender cover, if you forget to put it down. Looks like the guys with vettes needed boards, you dont with the camaro.
Attached Images

sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:09 AM   #21
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengli View Post
I did. Hauled my new back from another state. Had to removed the plastic lower air dams, other than that it fit perfect. Just be careful to remember that when exiting the door is very close to that fender cover, if you forget to put it down. Looks like the guys with vettes needed boards, you dont with the camaro.
Awesome, thanks for that. Did you use the spring shipping spacers?
Old 05-21-2018, 07:56 AM   #22
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
Yes... I re-inserted the shipping spacers for that extra inch of vertical in the front suspension. Forgot to say that, but it gave me just enough to clear the loading ramp, and the metal stop at the front of the trailer. Trailer road perfect, handled great. No bad habits or any issue's for the entire trip I used it on.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:14 AM   #23
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengli View Post
Yes... I re-inserted the shipping spacers for that extra inch of vertical in the front suspension. Forgot to say that, but it gave me just enough to clear the loading ramp, and the metal stop at the front of the trailer. Trailer road perfect, handled great. No bad habits or any issue's for the entire trip I used it on.
Ok, because mine would not clear without the blocks
Old 05-21-2018, 09:21 AM   #24
Blast2hell

Drives: 2020 ZLE Rally Green A10
That front tire stop on the Uhaul trailer is exactly 6" tall. The front splitter on a ZL1 at the very front has a 6" clearance, and there is a lip behind that with a 4" clearance. So you have to do something to get at least 2" or more of clearance at the front of the ZL1 so your tires can pull up to the bump stop.

Unless you have the issue they put a TSB out for where the front of your car sits too high because of the springs....

There is also two different uhaul trailers. The red colored ones will destroy your rims because it's not wide enough, you want the silver ones as shown in the provided pictures.

No matter what I say, use a tape measure before you load your car but have wood or something ready to get that front end up.
Sebring Best Lap Time 2:29 Video
Roebling Road Best Lap Time 1:25 Video
Blast2hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:02 PM   #25
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast2hell View Post
That front tire stop on the Uhaul trailer is exactly 6" tall. The front splitter on a ZL1 at the very front has a 6" clearance, and there is a lip behind that with a 4" clearance. So you have to do something to get at least 2" or more of clearance at the front of the ZL1 so your tires can pull up to the bump stop.

Unless you have the issue they put a TSB out for where the front of your car sits too high because of the springs....

There is also two different uhaul trailers. The red colored ones will destroy your rims because it's not wide enough, you want the silver ones as shown in the provided pictures.

No matter what I say, use a tape measure before you load your car but have wood or something ready to get that front end up.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:45 AM   #26
JeffInDFW
Camaro owner for 29 years

Drives: 96 Viper GTS/09 Sky Redline/95 Z28
That front part of the trailer where you pull your front tires up to is held on by a few bolts. I removed it, drove my Viper on the trailer, and then reinstalled the front wheel stops which were now BEHIND the front airdam. Take a look and it is obvious what I'm doing a terrible job trying to explain. LOL!

I had to go to Home Depot and they cut specific lengths of lumber for me to extend the ramps out to give me a good enough angle to get up them. Best of luck.
JeffInDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:46 AM   #27
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffInDFW View Post
That front part of the trailer where you pull your front tires up to is held on by a few bolts. I removed it, drove my Viper on the trailer, and then reinstalled the front wheel stops which were now BEHIND the front airdam. Take a look and it is obvious what I'm doing a terrible job trying to explain. LOL!

I had to go to Home Depot and they cut specific lengths of lumber for me to extend the ramps out to give me a good enough angle to get up them. Best of luck.
Thanks. I am contemplating doing the same thing with the lumber. Do you know the dimensions of the lumber you had cut.

I'm think one 2x10 at ~16 inches long for each wheel out to suffice as both a ramp and platform for the front of the trailer.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:08 AM   #28
fighting irish
The Doctor is in

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Nightfall MRC NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwav8r View Post
Thanks. I am contemplating doing the same thing with the lumber. Do you know the dimensions of the lumber you had cut.

I'm think one 2x10 at ~16 inches long for each wheel out to suffice as both a ramp and platform for the front of the trailer.
I am doing the same thing in a few weeks with my SS for an autocross event. I’ll stop by and look at the trailer in a few days.

2017 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Double Cab
2017 Honda Pilot Elite
fighting irish is offline   Reply With Quote