Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
Being impatient sometimes pays off....

After all the calling GM and harrassing my dealer every other day, I decided to go back to the source that gave me my dealer and where I built my car...Cars.com...When I went back to the site I saw that it was 13 Camaros in my area for sale so I started making phone calls. On the first call I made I found a dealer with a SIM 2LT RS Auto Black Leather interior (w/o sunroof :()..I said what the hell I can live without a sunroof even though I have never had one...And also SIM was my second choice anyhow....So while talking to the dealer further he said the car was on the showroom with only 8 miles on it...I said ok and then proceeded to asked him the million dollar question, "Is there a dealer Mark-Up on that car?" And then came out the magic words, "No, we are not selling this car over MSRP"...I told him to put the SOLD sign on that car and I will be there shortly...I left work immediately and rest was history.

REVIEW:

Pros: For a V6, that car is fast as hell. If you step on it off a ramp that thing takes off. The components in the car are somewhat user friendly. The handling is amazing. The sound system is vicious and the Boston speakers are very loud with nice bass. The ambient lighting on the doors is tight but I thought it was going to be on the dashboard too. Oh well...The seat are comfortable and hugs your body like a sports car should. The HID lights are very bright and the Halos are the icing on the cake. The gas milage is amazing. As fast as I was driving last night that needle should be at least under 3/4 of the tank. But the needle is barely off of Full.

Cons: The roof and all the windows are very low. The backseat is a joke just like the back seat of the Lexus SC and the Drop-top Jag. There is no on/off switch for the foglights (they are your daytime running lights). The rear window is smalls so be careful backing up. Especially in parking garages. The brake dust can become a headache because I have alot of it already. The tires on the RS Package are in fact summer tires, so now I'll have to pay $200+ per tire in the Fall to get some Toyo AS tires. Lastly, be prepared to be followed by the police. They followed me all morning on my way to work. One held up traffic to talk to me. Crazy I know.

Last edited by Richochet83; 05-21-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Congrats! I got to test drive a 2LT without the RS package and thought it was fantastic. Personally, I don't think you'll miss the sunroof, but that's just my opinion.

I crave the V8, though...

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomZ302 View Post
Congrats! I got to test drive a 2LT without the RS package and thought it was fantastic. Personally, I don't think you'll miss the sunroof, but that's just my opinion.

I crave the V8, though...
I have a Sunroof on my Passat, and to be honest, I don't use it as much as I thought I would. I talk a lot on the cell phone in my car with the built in bluetooth, and everytime I want to have a conversation, I have to close it due to the noise. It's really due to bad engineering, as the flip up Sunroofs suck.

The same sunroof is on the Camaro, so, I say
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
gac458

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
There is no on/off switch for the foglights (they are your daytime running lights).
Try pushing the button in the center of your auto lights knob, at least on my 2SS that is the fog light on/off button.
Maybe on the RS package the fog lights are not able to shut off?
gac458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Sunroof on the Camaro is pointless...your head is too close to the top of the car so the sunroof feels odd...

CONGRATS ON THE BUY!
Old 05-19-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Congrats on being ready to strike at the right time.

On the RS Package, the DRL's are what we like to call the Fog Lights. They are wired that way. As a result there is no on/off switch.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:01 AM   #7
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Good luck and congrats
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #8
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
Very good summarization---thank you!!! Good story, it's nice to see someone having luck getting this car. Your luck I hope, translates into the early orders arriving soon!! Enjoy your car!!
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #9
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Congrats on the new purchase!

I'd do something like this instead of waiting for my order but dammit, I want a manual transmission on my 1LT/RS. Every dealer that I've spoken with said no way in hell would they order a manual 6-sp for the lot, it would always be special order. Guess I just wait for now.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:05 PM   #10
Stevo

Drives: Camaro 2010 SIM
Sweet...I'm ready to bail on this 'pre-ordeal' waiting too!
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #11
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
Thanks for the sunroof input because now I don't feel so bad not having one. And besides I save an extra $900 w/o so I'm not too blown. lol
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #12
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Dude, you're going to regret not getting the sunroof!
Old 05-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #13
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
congrats glad it worked out for you. Personally I wouldn't settle on any option differences but if I found a local camaro with all options of my order and Only difference was it was black I would be tempted but right now still patiently waiting for my yellow 2SS/RS with hole in roof. Also might consider iom but want to see in person first.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #14
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by gac458 View Post
There is no on/off switch for the foglights (they are your daytime running lights).
Try pushing the button in the center of your auto lights knob, at least on my 2SS that is the fog light on/off button.
Maybe on the RS package the fog lights are not able to shut off?
The RS package does not have that button. To get the foglights to turn off, however, just turn the light switch all the way to the left, and then to whatever setting you desire (halos or full headlights).