Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
LordAndroid

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Guys inspect your cars before leaving the dealership!!!!!

On 9-19-2012 I took delivery of my 2013 CRT ZL1. The following day i scheduled an appointment with service to install the front plate bracket (i didnt want to!!) but i live in a 2 plate state. So i go in on Monday October 2nd. I give my keys to the service writer and a few mins later not sure if this short pudgy guy that get behind of the wheel of pride of my joy is a porter or an actual tech. But once he starts it up he aggressively drives it out of the service drive. Around the building and into the stall where he then continued to force the car over the lift rails. I noticed this because i was in the Service Dept Mangr. Office speaking to him since we kinda knew each other from a previous chevy dealership experience. Since he had windows over looking the entire shop i could see my ZL1 so after this douche bag finishes installation of the bracket and front plate. Once again he starts the car and aggressively backs the car off the lift rails to the point where the cars suspension bounces up and down in a way that indicates to much acceleration. He comes around to the service drive and leaves the keys in the ignition. I was talking to the Service Mangr atleast 5 more mins before i left and came home put her in the garage and that was it. Mind you i havent seen or driven it all week yesterday i take her out to to the gas station im backing out of my driveway and i get out of my car to close the privacy gates i have and i come around the front passenger side and i see this! And i lost it my blood pressure shot up! I called my salesman that was useless he directed me to service with it being a Saturday the proper person wasnt in. I even called the dealership owner and left him a long detailed VM and my displeasure of it all. Being a new customer to them buying one of the top models they sell what recorse if any do i really have? $1200 wheel $400 im looking at atleast $1600 damage i didnt do.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images

LordAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
How can you not notice that after seeing what the "service tech" did? I would think that would have been noticeable from the dealership. Did you not do a walk around before you left?

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Go to the dealership Monday morning and get the service manager out to see it!
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
How can you not notice that after seeing what the "service tech" did? I would think that would have been noticeable from the dealership. Did you not do a walk around before you left?
Apparently, he did not. That really sucks. :upset:
Old 10-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
LordAndroid

No i didnt. If i had noticed it you really think i would of left! Sorry im still angry about this

Old 10-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
NO. 1

Number one I would have pointed out the abuse of the driver to the service manager especially as he would have been able to observe it first hand from his window.Late now but you should have interrupted his conversation so that he could support you in your effort's to get this rectified.It is to bad that people do not respect other peoples , property , space and or opinions.For instance I need to take my wifes 2012 Yukon in Monday to the dealership for a Oil change (free) and tire rotation(free).I had already planned on taking digital photos of each tire and rim prior to them working on it.Too many incidents like yours lately and I must do this to take all the back and forth out of the situation if damage occurs.Shame that I have to do this but I see no other way.These are the times that we live in.No respect anymore.(Lot's of people) :(
Good luck getting resolution ! That's one of the reasons my 2010 has never been back to the dealer for service.I try to do it myself.Not saying the wifes car is not as important. BUT !
Old 10-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
They hit the lift arm... no doubt. I've worked at a dealership and it happens more times than people realize.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
That's a given and I will add this in a nice manner do a walk around with your service advisor when you arrive I do just to cover my but then when it's done I do a walk around by myself when done and if there is an issue I get my service advisor and I avoid the dealer as much as possible ( i would have put the front plate on my self) not that I would ever put the factory plate bracket on but if I had to I would do it) I put an after market front plate bracket that happy_dan came across used the exsisting splitter bolts to mount it and it has wing nut to remove the plate for show nice setup
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
LordAndroid

Its going to be a nasty back and forth i have a feeling the dealership wont want to do a thing about it. I might have to return the car to them if i have to get my 25k back.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #10
shiner98

Drives: 13 AshGray M6 ZL1 w/Nav/ECF/Sunroof
Dealers just dont care

When I went to pick up my ZL1 from the dealership we noticed in the showroom the sales reps/managers would tap their fingers and rings along the length of the Corvette ZR1 fenders and doors as they walked past them!

Those are $100,000+ thousand dollar cars they are scratching!

Unbelievable
shiner98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
whemming

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
After getting burned by a detailer, I make everyone that works on my car do a walk over before and after. Get one of those rental car inspection sheets, have them walk the car and sign it.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #12
parkerss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
some dealerships.....pretty much suck. once they have YOUR money..yes its your money and you decide who gets it...they dont care plain and simple. I hope you the best.Keep us up to speed on this, Maybe GM needs to eliminate a few more dealers? The dealership hires and employees this people...hold them accountable GM
Old 10-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I know It's to late, but the second you saw that guy driving your ZL1 aggressively you should have instantly had him get out of the car and told the manager.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #14
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
I have had the same stuff happen. You have got to inspect your car. At the moment I have to take mine back since they have to replace the drivers door panel, scratched it up last time it was in for service. DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THE INSIDE OF YOUR CAR AS WELL!! I have had dealers nick my rims, chip and dent the body and even wreck one of my cars. They would have never said anything to me if I didn't spot it before I left. When they wrecked my truck the service person said "wasn't it like that when you brought it in?" Needless to say I gave that person a piece of my mind and they fixed it for free.

Last edited by CHMSC; 10-07-2012 at 01:26 PM.
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote