Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #29
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Nice. I'm not saying this in a bad way, but the SS emblems the previous owner installed should be red and not white. White SS indicates a non RS. Red SS indicates an RS model. Check the trunk emblem on the passenger side to see if it is still there and if so, the color. There is red SS emblem by the driver's side hid headlight as well, in the grill. But may have been removed.
On a second look, I see part of the red SS grill emblem.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock

Last edited by Badbubba; 06-18-2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: grill
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #30
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeniorMoment View Post
Thank you all for the kind words, I've come to enjoy this forum for the short time I've been a member.

Crystal Red is absolutely beautiful and would have been my choice had I ordered from the factory. In the end, I couldn't wrap myself around the '14 rear end and I went used instead. IOM was high on my list of colors, when I saw the interior, it was game over and I surrendered. The SS embroidery on the headrest is in red, as are the small emblems on the grille and rear.

I went for a nice, long drive last Thursday, the day after I bought it, and stopped in our small town for a burger. Clouds had been forming, but no big deal this time of year in this part of Arizona. After a nice visit and burger, it was time for the half hour drive home. But, the clouds had turned ugly and it wasn't a pleasant picture where I was driving to.

There was a significant amount of blowing dust across the road caused by the updraft and just before I entered a brown wall of rain/dirt. I made it home okay, (when I took the Cummins out later to run an errand, there were places I drove through with 4"-6" of mud plus standing water) but the previous day's detailing needs to be redone. But there's a silver lining in those clouds, a volunteer to help me wash the car if she can go for a ride.

Inde this September should be a great time to meet forum members and kick back and relax, I'm looking forward to it.

Also, I want to take more pictures of the SS at the Chiricahua National Monument with rhyolite <sp?> rock formations as a back drop, it should bring out the IOM.

Congratulations SSeniorMoment on a great pick up! We're sure that you will have a great experience with this vehicle.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #31
sanjosebmx

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
I like the SS emblem in the front..mine has the same one..
sanjosebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #32
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I'm a fan
Old 06-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #33
Bornluckee13
I fly

Drives: 2010 2SS, Stick, Cyber Gray
Awwww Yeeeeaa!
There are only two options in life. Fight or flight. Most people run. Almost all people run. But not us. The difference between us and everyone else is that we run towards the gunfire. And that makes all the difference.
Bornluckee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #34
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeniorMoment View Post
Thanks all, it's a great ride and the IOM seems to change color and look red as the sun sets. Shaded side looks red during a walk around and then transitions to orange on the bright side, still getting used to it. The top of the IOM door inserts are lit, narrow band of light along the top edge, my understanding is this is a '10 only feature.
That is a 2SS and 2LT thing. It's not limited to '10.

BTW: I suggest removing the OEM SS emblem in the front grill. The aftermarket one in the center is way better. Also, since he added white SS emblems under the CAMARO on the fender I would consider changing out the rear SS to white so they all match (even though you have an RS). Do a search on the rear SS because I think it's jut a red vinyl overlay on top of the white. I think I remember seeing some where that a little heat and you can peel them off to expose the white underneath.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #35
Hyena

Drives: 2013 1LT RS CRT
looks like you may need tires...
Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #36
SSeniorMoment

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6 IOM
Thanks to you Chevy guys for the white/red SS emblem clarifications, there's also a white SS badge on the trunk. It's hard to make out the factory red SS badges, but the white badges seem to go well with IOM and can be deciphered at distance. The more I look at them the better I like them.

Yes, the century club is achieved in seconds and in comfort.

Hopefully I can drive up in the mountains for better pics, soon.
SSeniorMoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #37
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
I'm with you SSENIOR , the interior is very cool
I even wonder why GM doesn't carried it on to the ZL1 !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #38
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
Very nice!!!

And great color choice! Congrats.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #39
SSeniorMoment

'69 Hugger Orange SS/RS

Thanks for the kind words.

I was doing some background looking for info on a solid lifter 350 and learn if it was a '69 option. I came across this article about a restored '69 SS/RS with the 350 engine. Since we've been discussing the color of SS/RS emblems, I thought I'd post a link to the article; it has white SS badges front/back.

http://www.musclecarreport.com/muscl...Camaro.001.php

Time to go for a drive and enjoy the vistas.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:33 PM   #40
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Enjoy the ride. Looks great and a lot like mine! I will post up on the Tucson Camaros thread when Inde gets closer. You will have a blast!

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #41
SSeniorMoment

Looking forward to Inde.

Here's a few more pics at locations you may recognize.

Cochise Head in the background;

Near Faraway Ranch;

Coues deer grazing along the road;

Great ride and numerous comments in town, 22mpg on a day trip.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #42
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
Nice ride... I'd ditch the smaller ss emblems on the deck lid since you have those nice retro ones... Seems like overkill having two on the front and two on the rear. Good find, sir. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine!

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote