Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-24-2014, 07:32 AM   #1
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
9 Killed in Santa Barbara

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/24/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1

It is suspected that this guy was the guy that did it, as he left a bunch of videos, including one that talks about doing it. Most of the videos were posted over the last 2 days. Wonder if someone tried to report this guy beforehand or anything. The guy in the video drives a BMW and lives in that area. Police haven't yet confirmed he is the guy though.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ElliotRodger

Last edited by Steve Dallas; 05-25-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #2
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Strike his name from the records, just call him Mud.... Maggot Bait works also.

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 05-24-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Strike his name from the records, just call him Mud.... Maggot Bait works also.
This. I wish we'd stop giving these fools publicity--it's exactly what they want.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:35 AM   #4
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Unfortunately, publicity is what he's gotten.

I think my point is more along the lines of why no-one reported this guy beforehand. One of the videos talks about how his parents made him take the videos down for a while because they were disturbed by them.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #5
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Since these losers want publicity and destroy so many peoples life's. If i ran this country rather then arrest them and feed and cloth them medical dental, etc. I say we have a mobile electrical chair and fry them on the spot, end of story!!
Old 05-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #6
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
or firing squad. /\
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:18 PM   #7
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
After reading the stories and also after watching some of his video's it seemed to me that he was trying to reach out for help by posting them and yet no one came to help him or at least say dude some of this stuff u say is really creepy and a tad bit on the crazy side. He had no friends from what he says on them so no one to call him on his crap or stuff he does that makes people not like him. It does suck that he took 7 people's life but it prolly could have been prevented if one person took the time to try and be his friend.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #8
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Wonder if someone tried to report this guy beforehand or anything.
The better question would be if it would have done any good. The Aurora shooter was reported to the police by a shrink before hand, and they did nothing about it.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #9
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
The better question would be if it would have done any good. The Aurora shooter was reported to the police by a shrink before hand, and they did nothing about it.
Very true.

I mean, you look at posts like these...which could be on any Forum anywhere. I'm not sure I'd report a post like this to police.

It sounds like he is the son of the assistant director of Hunger Games.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #10
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
After reading the stories and also after watching some of his video's it seemed to me that he was trying to reach out for help by posting them and yet no one came to help him or at least say dude some of this stuff u say is really creepy and a tad bit on the crazy side. He had no friends from what he says on them so no one to call him on his crap or stuff he does that makes people not like him. It does suck that he took 7 people's life but it prolly could have been prevented if one person took the time to try and be his friend.
So you think a hug would have made it a different outcome? I seriously doubt it. Life is a challenge for everyone. There is not one person on this site that has not gone through some tribulations in life but we don't go killing people who had nothing to do with your troubles. No, I think he was just a weak minded individual who, although was going through issues, had no excuse to do what he did. My prayers go to the families of the victims.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:18 PM   #11
shine2013

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
Seriously sad to read/see. Even worse, the fact that people ignored the signs for help. This stuff doesn't happen just for the sake of happening. Something is always there to build things up to this point.
shine2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #12
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Rodger was getting mental help. His parents reportedly saw his dozens of YouTube videos — of him wandering alone or sitting in his car complaining about the world’s unfairness, his loneliness and a desire for vengeance — and were concerned enough to report them to police, their lawyer tells ABC News. He was being treated by multiple therapists, according to the lawyer, and had been diagnosed as “a high-functioning patient with Asperger syndrome.”
Old 05-24-2014, 07:34 PM   #13
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXLT1 View Post
So you think a hug would have made it a different outcome? I seriously doubt it. Life is a challenge for everyone. There is not one person on this site that has not gone through some tribulations in life but we don't go killing people who had nothing to do with your troubles. No, I think he was just a weak minded individual who, although was going through issues, had no excuse to do what he did. My prayers go to the families of the victims.
Yea it is no excuse to kill 7 people but what the point I was trying to make is that no one seemed to try and be his friend and let him vent to them so they could be a sounding board and give good advice or even help him realize that the way he sounded was being to creepy. Yes everyone has problems in this world big and small but everyone deals with them differently some people turn to drugs and alcohol some people turn to family and others to friends and then there is professional help as well. Saying someone is weak minded is a cop out IMO. Unless you yourself or someone close to u has gone thru depression or living with it u don't know what your talking about.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:04 PM   #14
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Very true.

I mean, you look at posts like these...which could be on any Forum anywhere. I'm not sure I'd report a post like this to police.

Well this answers that:

http://news.yahoo.com/suspect-mass-s...143400839.html

Quote:
It's being reported that the family of Elliot Rodgers, the suspect in the California mass shooting, called university police a few weeks ago after seeing YouTube videos "regarding suicide and the killing of people" posted by Rodgers online.
Good to know that it didn't make any difference... again.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote