Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
WHAT IF?!

What if Ford and GM combined to combat foreign companies?
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
It has kind of already happened. Haven't you notice that other than in the truck segment, neither manufacturer's commercials mention the other? Only Honda and Toyota.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
It has kind of already happened. Haven't you notice that other than in the truck segment, neither manufacturer's commercials mention the other? Only Honda and Toyota.
That's right. Also, if you listen to the Chevrolet MPG commercial, all of its competition is Toyota and Honda also.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Yup. Why attack brothers at a time like this?

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #5
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Then there would no longer be any competition in the domestic market. Prices would climb, quality would slip... Wouldn't be good.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #6
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Then there would no longer be any competition in the domestic market. Prices would climb, quality would slip... Wouldn't be good.
There doesnt need to be competition in the domestic market right now....... theres plenty of competition elsewhere
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:13 PM   #7
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
There doesnt need to be competition in the domestic market right now....... theres plenty of competition elsewhere
There ALWAYS needs to be competition... Always.

Sure foreign auto sales have been consistently high in recent years, and for good reason. Domestic quality went down the tubes. The only thing domestic automakers need to do is step up the quality of their product, and price reasonably and appropriately, and business will swing back their way. I think it's cool that Ford and Chevy are no longer bashing each other in their ad campaigns, but to "join forces" would be disastrous.

Without competition in the economy, the consumer loses. This tilts the money flow in favor of big corporations (monopolies especially) and has a detrimental effect on the economy as a whole. Eventually, without competition, everyone loses. Period.

A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 12-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #8
lil_chef
Banned

Quote:
There ALWAYS needs to be competition... Always.

The only thing domestic automakers need to do is step up the quality of their product, and price reasonably and appropriately, and business will swing back their way. I think it's cool that Ford and Chevy are no longer bashing each other in their ad campaigns, but to "join forces" would be disastrous.

Without competition in the economy, the consumer loses. This tilts the money flow in favor of big corporations (monopolies especially) and has a detrimental effect on the economy as a whole. Eventually, without competition, everyone loses. Period.
im aware that competition is what puts smiles on the consumers face.
i was saying that it wouldnt be so bad if the domestics stopped bashing each other because they have bigger problems on their hand ie. toyota/honda/VW
Old 12-20-2009, 09:32 PM   #9
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
im aware that competition is what puts smiles on the consumers face.
i was saying that it wouldnt be so bad if the domestics stopped bashing each other because they have bigger problems on their hand ie. toyota/honda/VW
Ah. On that I agree. Just as long as the friendly fight starts up again soon.

You'll never hear me bashing anyone for going Ford, or any other domestic auto, especially in this economic climate. Truth be told, if there weren't Camaro- I'd be in a Mustang. Just keep it under your hat LOL

Old 12-20-2009, 09:42 PM   #10
lil_chef
Banned

Quote:
Ah. On that I agree. Just as long as the friendly fight starts up again soon.

You'll never hear me bashing anyone for going Ford, or any other domestic auto, especially in this economic climate. Truth be told, if there weren't Camaro- I'd be in a Mustang. Just keep it under your hat LOL
the friendly fights will never go away, look no further than the mustang threads.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #11
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
the friendly fights will never go away, look no further than the mustang threads.
True that.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #12
lil_chef
Banned

Quote:
True that.
speaking of such.... ive responded in the other thread
Old 12-20-2009, 11:59 PM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
As a "hey guys, lets put our differences aside and fight them" it simply wouldn't work. Each would have to drop half their products so they're no longer competing with each other, it wouldn't do to have a Malibu and a Fusion since they are intended for the exact same market. Same goes for Camaro and Mustang, Silverado/Sierra and F150 ... yeah, its not gonna go over very well.
Quote:
now the "Mustangs....." tread
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:35 AM   #14
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.

Ford and Chevy.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote