Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 10-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #99
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Andrews gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
I saw you too. Nice ride! Tried to catch up but lost you at the gate. Yea, I work in bldg 1535. Saw another pure black one on perimeter road over by the housing area.
I'm in Bldg 3066 so i went right at the light onto Perimeter. I tried to slow down so you could catch me . . . but there were too many cars. Yours is a nice ride too. Haven't seen that other all black one yet. I hope you're enjoying your ride as much as I am mine! See ya' on the road . . .
Old 10-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #100
Lydon

Cop magnet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezacant View Post
I'm starting to see them more often now. I even saw one pulled over today... Camaro = RADAR Magnet?
That's what I've been worried about - getting pulled over b/c the car stands out like a sore thumb! Used to happen in my '02 Z-28 pretty frequently too.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #101
Lydon

Your CGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracharley View Post
I work on Andrews and besides my CGMSSRS there is a red w/Black stripes and a yellow with black stripes on base. I saw a aqua in Waldorf today in Dorchester...
Do you park on the side street across from the BX on Andrews? I think it's by the DynCorp bldg. If so, yours is the first Camaro I'd seen once people started getting 'em. . . .nice.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:16 AM   #102
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydon View Post
That's what I've been worried about - getting pulled over b/c the car stands out like a sore thumb! Used to happen in my '02 Z-28 pretty frequently too.
You think YOU stand out! I drive a bright yellow one! Made me so nervous I bought a beltronics STi Driver radar detector. One discovery I made is that the sheriff's cars apparently have their radars constantly on. I'm getting alerts on them when they're just driving around, not just actively looking for speeders. Comes in handy to know when one's around. Plus the STi is invisible to virginia's radar detector-detectors.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:31 AM   #103
Lydon

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
You think YOU stand out! I drive a bright yellow one! Made me so nervous I bought a beltronics STi Driver radar detector. One discovery I made is that the sheriff's cars apparently have their radars constantly on. I'm getting alerts on them when they're just driving around, not just actively looking for speeders. Comes in handy to know when one's around. Plus the STi is invisible to virginia's radar detector-detectors.
Thanks for the advice. Yea, YELLOW does tend to stand a little . . .
Old 10-09-2009, 07:59 AM   #104
Ntimad8rs

Drives: 2SS/RS 6M ABM & GMC 2500HD
Red face

Quote:
I've seen the Aqua one at WAWA on 301/Billingsley. Waved at him, but he didn't wave back (?hmm?).

Bumblebee - are you Zombie?

TrachCharley - which one do you drive?

I am in So.Md too - in White Plains.
Ummm, When did ya see the Blue.....I was there Tuesday. getting some dog food and milk bones at TSC. I may have just been preoccupied, sorry?
Ntimad8rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #105
Lydon

Thumbs up Preoccupied . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntimad8rs View Post
Ummm, When did ya see the Blue.....I was there Tuesday. getting some dog food and milk bones at TSC. I may have just been preoccupied, sorry?
I wasn't bustin' your chops - we are just such a unique group since there are so few of us that actually have the cars that I feel we have a kinship, if you will. I still get excited whenever I see another one on the road . . .

The one I saw was parked on the outer parking area by the gas pumps (I thought maybe he/you were waiting on someone to come out of the store. I was going to pull up next to you after I got gas and say Hi, but you were on your cell phone.)
Old 10-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #106
Wildgoose43

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS w/black strip
Howdy everyone....got mine on Monday....absolutely love it!

Got a call from my dealership...Battlefield Chevy in Culpeper VA. They have a red ss, manual on the lot unspoken for if anybody is interested I can give you the salesamans name and other information....
Wildgoose43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #107
jmcbeth
THR 2SS/RS Supercharged

Drives: 1st and 5th Gen Camaros
Spotted Cyber Gray manual SS at Houlighan's restaurant in Columbia Crossing Shopping center today. Introduced myself to the driver, who didn't know about Camaro5. Now he does...
jmcbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #108
Ntimad8rs

Drives: 2SS/RS 6M ABM & GMC 2500HD
Wink Wasn't me!!!

Quote:
I wasn't bustin' your chops - we are just such a unique group since there are so few of us that actually have the cars that I feel we have a kinship, if you will. I still get excited whenever I see another one on the road . . .

The one I saw was parked on the outer parking area by the gas pumps (I thought maybe he/you were waiting on someone to come out of the store. I was going to pull up next to you after I got gas and say Hi, but you were on your cell phone.)
I was not at the wawa itself....so cannot put the blame there. There is another black one that was bought at winegardner in WP. a notre dame grad got it.
Ntimad8rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:49 AM   #109
Lydon

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgoose43 View Post

Got a call from my dealership...Battlefield Chevy in Culpeper VA. They have a red ss, manual on the lot unspoken for if anybody is interested I can give you the salesamans name and other information....
Congratulations, Wildgoose! Enjoy your ride and thanks for the heads up on the unclaimed car at the dealership.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:23 AM   #110
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Spotted in DC

Saw Black 2SS going south in Rock Creek Park before Zoo area around 6:30 yesterday. I have been driving my RJT around for a month now and this is the first time I have seen another camaro in DC. Was starting to think I was the only one in DC.
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #111
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Going up US 1 in old town on saturday and what do I see in my mirrors? A RY camaro with black vinyl stripes. First yellow one I've seen besides mine. Have to admit I was a bit upset - how DARE he, I'm no longer unique!
I still have the painted stripes though, so there's that.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #112
chris rs ss

Drives: black 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgoose43 View Post

Thats where I bought mine.
chris rs ss is offline   Reply With Quote