Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #29
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Rear shot

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #30
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Sweet. Any of the wheels or borla exhaust?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #31
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
I just like the current Tahoe better. I also like the new Durango and starting to love it. But I don't see nothing wrong with my first two post.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #32
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
I just like the current Tahoe better. I also like the new Durango and starting to love it. But I don't see nothing wrong with my first two post.
Nor do I...which is why they are still there.

Please see the winking smiley and laughing smiley as I was goofing off...no...not upset (not with you)

You don't see another deleted post which I felt was unnecessary along with the ugly comment. Some people just can't communicate politely...and THAT gets annoying. So far, yo ur fine. Just bustin ur chops for not posting pix.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #33
77rs

Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Doug -- thank you for your words. (...and as a moderator, you've had to put up with an awful lot....)

I believe passion and enthusiasm drive a lot of the conversations here - and that's a good thing.

That said - I also think a few people don't know any better - or - they get into a contest to see who can come up with the best insult -- and we get that. It gets to a point where you can predict who will say what - and we simply discount their comments -- as do a lot of other people on this site.

It DOES help us when we get comments as to WHY people don't like something. And frankly we discount a lot of early comments simply because (regardless of what some say...) many more will like it once they see it in person. I make that statement because I've watched it happen for most of my life....... Many of you have heard me talk about (time after time) the intro of the 2nd gen Camaro -- it was completely polarizing. It seemed that you either loved it or hated it.....there didn't seem to be much middle-road. (most peoples comments at the time were spoken in measured tones and no one with any sense would use a tirade laced with profanity - it wasn't accepted back then.....) The 2nd Gen Camaro (and Firebird) went on to be the most successful generation by far......

....so I continually laugh about a guy coming into my uncle's showroom -- he happened to be driving an old car and has never yet bought a new car -- looking at the new '70 Camaro - and saying "...It looks like a Studebaker and it'll never sell!!!!...." (...........righhhhtttt......)

The success or failure of a product will be shown both in sales volume and in the profit/loss column....not by what a few peoples' opinions might be.

(....and here's a thought: If your signature or identifier tells me nothing about what you drive or where you live? I write your comments off.....sorry!)

Make no mistake! We DO want to get your feedback -- but we simply ask that you forego bad language - and bad behavior...... Give us WHY you don't like something - or why you DO like something......
I like everything about my Camaro! Just seeing it in the garage makes me smile!
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #34
TX_ED_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
I love that Tahoe. Time to get rid of the wife's Lexus and get a new SUV! Any idea on pricing?

U.S. Army Retired

Last edited by TX_ED_SS; 11-08-2013 at 11:10 AM.
TX_ED_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #35
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Nor do I...which is why they are still there.

Please see the winking smiley and laughing smiley as I was goofing off...no...not upset (not with you)

You don't see another deleted post which I felt was unnecessary along with the ugly comment. Some people just can't communicate politely...and THAT gets annoying. So far, yo ur fine. Just bustin ur chops for not posting pix.
LOL..... Thanx I don't have pictures and didn't go. I just commented off the pictures you posted.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #36
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_ED_SS View Post
I love that Tahoe. Time to get rid of the wife's Lexus and get a new SUV! Any idea on pricing?
I was wondering the same. The current Tahoe starts at just under $44k, so I think the 2015 will be $45-47K to start. We should know for sure really soon.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #37
glazr69

Drives: 2011 Charger R/T
This place is fun. It's threads like this with thoughtful (also mixed with a few quite ignorant) comments that make me unable to stop coming back to camaro5. I've been coming back for a LONG time. Still hope to own a 5th gen one day, too. So far there has not been room in my household budget for a fun-only car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
While I also love the looks of the Durango inside and out, the quality seems to fall short once you drive it. Build quality seems fine, but too much road noise for a modern car/truck, and it just doesn't feel as solid rolling down the road as others I've driven. I expect the new Tahoe/Yukon to be miles ahead of the Durango in terms of a quality ride, considering the current models already feel nicer. I still have to give it to the designers of the Durango for making it look so bad ass. Tahoe looks good, too, but more classy than bad-ass.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #38
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Exactly. And doing a quick search of their post history reveals a LOT about a person.

I could go on and on...about peoples disrespectful comments. Negative opinions need to be heard (for designers to improve on), but there's a fine line on how we communicate...and we WANT to be able to allow others to communicate. I ask everyone to please....think about that. If you want your comments to be "left alone," say it the right way...respectfully (and don't be the respectful smartass either...you might as well not waste your time posting).

I'm just getting tire of the classless and rude, unthoughtful posts...

Now...back to looking at pix of all the new and bad ass GM cars and trucks!

Thanks for dropping in, Scott!
I think you guys are looking too deep into it, some people just don't give a crap about trucks. Probably the same people who buy Camaros instead of trucks...

Anyways I don't really care about trucks but this one...this one has my interest...

It makes me want to see a Trail Blazer SS revival. I think so many people have over saturated the car modding "game" that there is a good niche market for cool looking SUVs that can spank similarly priced cars. Especially up here in the Northeast. Subaru sells so many STIs are WRXs because they are the fastest cars for the price that you can drive year round. A Trailblazer SS priced at like $35-38,000 could really eat into those sales as long as it looked good and handled well in the snow.
Just drop an LS3 and a 4X4/AWD drive train, make it look great, and make sure it runs at least 13.5ish.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:39 AM   #39
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Oh, I'd love to see a TBSS... I think it's neat we just saw the concept Silverado truck at Sema. Not a huge market, but dang would that be fun.

Although....a 6.2 in the new Tahoe would also make me happy. Or even a 7.0... Screw it...why not...haha
Old 11-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #40
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
This truck is dead sexy in person.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #41
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Oh, I'd love to see a TBSS... I think it's neat we just saw the concept Silverado truck at Sema. Not a huge market, but dang would that be fun.

Although....a 6.2 in the new Tahoe would also make me happy. Or even a 7.0... Screw it...why not...haha
You do know the 2009 Tahoe had an option for the 6.2L

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:14 AM   #42
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
This truck is dead sexy in person.

THAT is the color I want. Unfortunately, GM is offering IN MY OPINION a very poor offering of colors for this new Tahoe. They are basically tying our hands behind our backs making us get red.

I'll explain.

Silver ice metallic. Safe. Sure, it's ok.
Black. Ugh...obviously.
Summit White. Yep. Can't have a car line w/out it.
Champagne silver metallic? Um no. Car rental color, if you ask me.
Tungsten metallic? Is it just me or does it have brown in it?? Looks like brown fleck...no thanks.
White diamond tricoat ...sure, it's nice. but three shades of white???
Crystal Red Tintcoat. Looks damn good.
Sable metallic. BROWN??? REALLY?

Where's a DEEP RICH gray like in the Tahoe above???

Where's a BEAUTIFUL green like in the 2012???

Where's a BLUE?!?!

Instead, it's three whites, black, bad gray, and one color that pops....red.

I want to have to rack my brain in thinking about what color to order....not have it laid out for me.

This is my only pissy point. GM should have offered a different color. get rid of the brown. get rid of the tungsten. get rid of the champagne. Put in place green, a metallic blue, and a metallic gray (like above).

PLEASE. Would have been BAD ASS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
You do know the 2009 Tahoe had an option for the 6.2L

Ryan
Yup. Sure do. Before this was announced and I learned more about it, I was searching Craigslist and ebay checking out all the lowER mile 2009 6.2 Tahoes. I wanted to get something for now until the new one came out. Oh well. Glad we waited.

Love the new Tahoe. Don't like the color pallets... BLA