Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #15
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Seems like the truck concepts (besides Cheyenne) were mostly ignored by the media outlets.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #16
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Remind me of the Ford Raptor front
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #17
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
escalade wanna be,
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #18
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX CAMARO View Post
escalade wanna be,
Well that would make sense wouldn't it...
Old 11-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #19
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
hahaha ....
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #20
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Oh man... these look good. We saw bits and pieces of both the Tahoe and Suburban covered up in Detroit a couple weeks ago. Love it.
I am with you on that Mike, I love it
Old 11-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Some pics from Camaro21...

Name:  Tahoe.jpg
Views: 13692
Size:  103.3 KB

Name:  Tahoe1.jpg
Views: 14694
Size:  98.8 KB

Name:  Tahoe12.jpg
Views: 26275
Size:  80.4 KB

Name:  Tahoe13.jpg
Views: 3950
Size:  104.9 KB

Name:  Tahoe14.jpg
Views: 4193
Size:  44.4 KB
Old 11-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #22
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:54 PM   #23
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Remind me of the Ford Raptor front
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX CAMARO View Post
escalade wanna be,
Look, ma! MORE...

Hey, I know it's not for everyone. I wasn't 100% sure when I saw it but like other stuff that had me on edge, it grew on me. Yes...it is reminiscent of a Ford. IMO, I first thought of a Ford Flex when I saw the SUV. But....it's not. It's a Chevy plain and simple. ...a redesigned Tahoe.

Like all new things, (2014 Camaro tail lights), people look and go "woah! What the...??" And what comes out next can either turn into polite conversation or it can really piss some people off.

And now that I'm starting to get into this, I have something to say............

The people who design these new vehicles pour their blood sweat and tears into these vehicles. This is their lives.... When they go to work, they bust their asses trying to come up with the "coolest" design that'll make people stare in awe...jaws dropping...

Remember back in 2006?....a silver Camaro with an LS2 in it made the eyes of grown men...."leak??" Yep...

That's the reaction every designer prays for....

and when people love it, man....do these guys feel it. They eat it up. They feel GOOD about themselves. Stress free...happy...go home to their wives/husbands and live GOOD and HAPPY lives.

But what happens when people start complaining about their designs? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

And that's where I want to take this quick note. Now, I know not too many people are going to read this. BUT...going off on a tangent means it lands here. And maybe, maybe I'll go and copy this to a new thread for everyone else to see.

Look. If you like something, COOL!!! Rave about it!

If you do NOT like something, well that's only natural as well. But lets use some TACT and RESPECT if we absolutely must say we don't like something. I don't mind the comments about, "I'm not sure I like the headlights." That's fine. Let's talk about it...like civil people. What is it about the headlights? What would you do to make them better? I'd bet you'd get some great discussion about it.

But turning around and saying, "those are f'ing UGLY!!!" does nothing more than piss off a bunch of people who seriously busted their asses trying to make the best. These guys bounced off ideas off each other, showed tons of people pictures, picked everyone's brains, worked hundreds of hours trying to get it JUST RIGHT....did everything they could to produce the best of the best and all they get is, ...."UGLY."

Seriously.....................

HAVE SOME CLASS.......

And thanks, Keith for the pix!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone gets more, I'd love to see more pix of what our new Tahoe is going to look like! (can't wait to get to the SA autoshow to see it in person!!!)
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #24
JorgeSS
Mayhem SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SW/IOM
Agreed! ^^^
I'm not loving the back, but I'm drooling over that front!

La Muerte Z71 - Stock 5.3 Tuned by File
JorgeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #25
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Doug -- thank you for your words. (...and as a moderator, you've had to put up with an awful lot....)

I believe passion and enthusiasm drive a lot of the conversations here - and that's a good thing.

That said - I also think a few people don't know any better - or - they get into a contest to see who can come up with the best insult -- and we get that. It gets to a point where you can predict who will say what - and we simply discount their comments -- as do a lot of other people on this site.

It DOES help us when we get comments as to WHY people don't like something. And frankly we discount a lot of early comments simply because (regardless of what some say...) many more will like it once they see it in person. I make that statement because I've watched it happen for most of my life....... Many of you have heard me talk about (time after time) the intro of the 2nd gen Camaro -- it was completely polarizing. It seemed that you either loved it or hated it.....there didn't seem to be much middle-road. (most peoples comments at the time were spoken in measured tones and no one with any sense would use a tirade laced with profanity - it wasn't accepted back then.....) The 2nd Gen Camaro (and Firebird) went on to be the most successful generation by far......

....so I continually laugh about a guy coming into my uncle's showroom -- he happened to be driving an old car and has never yet bought a new car -- looking at the new '70 Camaro - and saying "...It looks like a Studebaker and it'll never sell!!!!...." (...........righhhhtttt......)

The success or failure of a product will be shown both in sales volume and in the profit/loss column....not by what a few peoples' opinions might be.

(....and here's a thought: If your signature or identifier tells me nothing about what you drive or where you live? I write your comments off.....sorry!)

Make no mistake! We DO want to get your feedback -- but we simply ask that you forego bad language - and bad behavior...... Give us WHY you don't like something - or why you DO like something......

Last edited by fbodfather; 11-07-2013 at 09:09 AM.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #26
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Doug -- thank you for your words. (...and as a moderator, you've had to put up with an awful lot....)

I believe passion and enthusiasm drive a lot of the conversations here - and that's a good thing.

That said - I also think a few people don't know any better - or - they get into a contest to see who can come up with the best insult -- and we get that. It gets to a point where you can predict who will say what - and we simply discount their comments -- as do a lot of other people on this site.

It DOES help us when we get comments as to WHY people don't like something. And frankly we discount a lot of early comments simply because (regardless of what some say...) many more will like it once they see it in person. I make that statement because I've watched it happen for most of my life....... Many of you have heard me talk about (time after time) the intro of the 2nd gen Camaro -- it was completely polarizing. It seemed that you either loved it or hated it.....there didn't seem to be much middle-road. (most peoples comments at the time were spoken in measured tones and no one with any sense would use a tirade laced with profanity - it wasn't accepted back then.....) The 2nd Gen Camaro (and Firebird) went on to be the most successful generation by far......

....so I continually laugh about a guy coming into my uncle's showroom -- he happened to be driving an old car and has never yet bought a new car -- looking at the new '70 Camaro - and saying "...It looks like a Studebaker and it'll never sell!!!!...." (...........righhhhtttt......)

The success or failure of a product will be shown both in sales volume and in the profit/loss column....not by what a few peoples' opinions might be.

(....and here's a thought: If your signature or identifier tells me nothing about what you drive or where you live? I write your comments off.....sorry!)
Exactly. And doing a quick search of their post history reveals a LOT about a person.

I could go on and on...about peoples disrespectful comments. Negative opinions need to be heard (for designers to improve on), but there's a fine line on how we communicate...and we WANT to be able to allow others to communicate. I ask everyone to please....think about that. If you want your comments to be "left alone," say it the right way...respectfully (and don't be the respectful smartass either...you might as well not waste your time posting).

I'm just getting tire of the classless and rude, unthoughtful posts...

Now...back to looking at pix of all the new and bad ass GM cars and trucks!

Thanks for dropping in, Scott!
Old 11-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #27
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
I have someone working in getting some more photos today

I really like this Tahoe. Had an 08 and traded on the camaro.

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #28
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Awesome. Color looks to be tungsten?? Not black. But I saw tungsten today andit appeared to have brown in it. Brown...meh...