Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 09-25-2012, 08:12 AM   #57
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Ok, new update for those of you who have been asking.

We finished up more devlopment end of last week and are now waiting on some prototype items to test fit and Dyno. We should have them in 2 weeks or so. Judging from what we seen with our makeshift pieces that we were using, our CAI will make good power, throw no CEL, and require no tune, which is obviously the goal.

Also, after contacting and speaking with dozens of ZL1 owners who signed up on our website for more info on this application, as well as members on this forum, we have decided we will be offering a pre-order option. This way there is no chance of underplanning production, and forcing customers to wait even longer due to a backorder once they are brought to market. Details on the pre-order will be available in a few weeks, dependent on the testing results. As of right now, I can tell you there will be a nominal non-refundable deposit, which will gurantee your place in line. Like I said, once I have product details, pricing, and lead times I will offer up the pre-order option, so stay tuned!

Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #58
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Ok, new update for those of you who have been asking.

We finished up more devlopment end of last week and are now waiting on some prototype items to test fit and Dyno. We should have them in 2 weeks or so. Judging from what we seen with our makeshift pieces that we were using, our CAI will make good power, throw no CEL, and require no tune, which is obviously the goal.

Also, after contacting and speaking with dozens of ZL1 owners who signed up on our website for more info on this application, as well as members on this forum, we have decided we will be offering a pre-order option. This way there is no chance of underplanning production, and forcing customers to wait even longer due to a backorder once they are brought to market. Details on the pre-order will be available in a few weeks, dependent on the testing results. As of right now, I can tell you there will be a nominal non-refundable deposit, which will gurantee your place in line. Like I said, once I have product details, pricing, and lead times I will offer up the pre-order option, so stay tuned!

Bump. Are we there yet???.......I am looking for a CAI that requires no tune, I am interested in the pre-order if still possible...
Old 10-02-2012, 06:55 AM   #59
Sales @ CAI Inc

Still waiting on some prototype materials to arrive!

We will be doing a pre-order, and details on it will be coming soon. To ensure that you are contacted with pre-order inforamtion you must go to our website and fill out the following form, here is the link: http://www.coldairinductions.com/con...ehicles-needed

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #60
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
numbers?
Old 10-14-2012, 06:37 AM   #61
jimmy5

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
Submitted and ready to buy!
jimmy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:39 AM   #62
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Gosh Becky lend me a ZL1 lol
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:51 AM   #63
Sales @ CAI Inc

Still waiting on some prototype materials to arrive, should have an update really soon though!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #64
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Still waiting on some prototype materials to arrive, should have an update really soon though!
I hate to seem rude, or press this issue any further but what where your performance numbers on your prototype? I have seen results from other vendors on this forum and I am waiting for yours to make my decision on which one to purchase for my build.

I await your reply with great eagerness.

Regards

Charlie
Old 10-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #65
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
I hate to seem rude, or press this issue any further but what where your performance numbers on your prototype? I have seen results from other vendors on this forum and I am waiting for yours to make my decision on which one to purchase for my build.

I await your reply with great eagerness.

Regards

Charlie
Charlie, no problem at all, we appreciate your eagerness and interest in our product. Our goal here is to release a system that will make good power, require no tune, and throw no codes. It's not just about a single hp number on the Dyno for us. That being said, we will be dyno testing the new prototype as soon as the materials we are waiting on arrive, I hope to be able to publish some numbers then. I can not release any specifics until we actually have the numbers that we will be bringing to market. All I can ask is that you guys hang in there a little longer for us, we plan on having something that you will be proud of!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #66
Flavorwrench

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 67 RS-SS TwinTurbo
Flavorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #67
jimmy5

Anything new?
Old 10-23-2012, 06:28 AM   #68
Sales @ CAI Inc

As soon as we have new information we will post it here first thing. We should be receiving the new protype part that we have been waiting on soon, and once we do the car will go back on the Dyno. Until then it's just a waiting game for us just like you guys. Also, as long as everything is where we expect it to be when we get it back on the dyno, we will then offer a pre-order option to eliminate delays caused by a future backorder if the demand is what we are expecting. As soon as we actually have some new information to share, I will make sure to post it for you guys, thanks for your patience and cooperation.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #69
jimmy5

Are these things being sailed in across the ocean on rafts or something?
Old 11-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #70
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
That's a no BS response and speaks volumes about the professionalism of your company , KUDOS
I agree here, for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy5 View Post
Are these things being sailed in across the ocean on rafts or something?
Damn dude, I can almost guarantee you that with CAI intakes it will definitely be worth the wait, all of their intakes are top notch!

Wouldn't you rather have an intake that will gain you max power without a tune, rather than an intake that will gain you minimal power with or without a tune?

I think it will be worth the wait, just be patient.

Tags
cai inc zl1