Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #15
marley.
OCD

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck2420 View Post
Marley, what spoiler is that? I have been looking for a duck tail that doesn't have the visible support braces in the back and yours and the Dale Earnhardt Jr versions are the only ones I've seen. Your car looks amazing. The heritage grill was a nice addition.
Thanks man. The spoiler is from Carbon By Design/Unrestricted Motorsports, they both carry it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Marley that is one sweet looking set-up you have created.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deljaso View Post
Wow, that looks great. Do what this guy did!
Thanks guys!
marley. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:18 AM   #16
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
First off, Marley Looks awesome!

You can do A LOT to make your car stand out with a little paint on the interior trim pieces, engine cover, add a CAI and paint the heat shield etc. Total you're out; about $400.

Add exterior trim pieces like gill inserts (billet aluminum), custom bow ties, spoiler, "unique" wheels, tinted windows, grill update (defenderworks/t-rex are a couple of examples), replace the "Camaro" sticker in the door sill with a billet plate (custom plates are available) etc. This should be the most expensive part of your build up. $3000+

Stereo system should be the last "show" piece you do. Unless your focusing on a sound off contest's as part of the show, put the money elsewhere first. The stock stereo system isn't that bad. An easy way to keep your trunk from being judged, is to keep your trunk closed.

Everyone has to start somewhere. As long as you start, you're going to be ahead of someone. Just keep motivated and never let someone else's build make you feel like you're not doing enough. There will be someone who feels the same way about your build too, that you can count on.

Good luck with the build!
Old 05-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #17
dtm4192

Drives: 2002 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by marley. View Post
Great choice of car and color man. I would say your stereo system should be last on your list. First things for me and my LS were cosmetic improvements. Now that I have it looking the way I want I have moved on to performance mods.

Cosmetics-wise your number one biggest difference maker on any car, especially the LS Camaro, is the wheels. You have to go with a custom wheel if you wanna stand out from the crowd.

As for me I barely wanted to drive my car until I got exhaust, lowering springs and wheels. In that order. It will immediately become a different car. Then I moved on to custom striping that would be different from stock rally stripes. Added a spoiler, different grill, tinted windows, gill decals, badging, fog lights and some blackout vinyls. I blacked out the all the lights and added HIDs and LEDs everywhere so all my lighting matched.

I am currently working on performance upgrades. I had my Doug Thorley headers installed today and I will be adding an Injen intake this week. Next will be the Trifecta tune and possibly a ported and polished throttle body.

Hope this helps a little. Great choice going with the LS. They make for the perfect blank canvas to start with.

Here's a couple pics of what I have done with an LS:

Before pic:

I love the wheels which ones are they? And how much did you pay, if you don't mind sharing?
dtm4192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #18
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck2420 View Post
So, let me start by saying that my IBM Camaro LS (A6) is basically the perfect car for me.

I am wanting to start taking it to local car shows and I want her to have a chance in her class (which at most shows is the generic Camaro/Nova class). If I were to spend $4000 (or less) to make my baby look and feel like a show car, what would I need? A custom sound system is on the list and I have another member that set me up with a shop that is creating a form-fitting body colored fiberglass enclosure and a fiberglass amp rack for the trunk for $400. That's one less thing I have to worry about. After seeing what some of the members have done to their engine covers, I know that will be on my list and probably cost an additional $100 or so. That's two. Any suggestions for helpful mods that fall into that price range? If I were to change the wheels (which I happen to enjoy the look of) I would have to get a smoking deal on the RS/SS style 20's. But maybe a CAI? Exhaust that doesn't sound rice on the 3.6L? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
If you are looking to win trophies this should be on your list of things to do!

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or call me at 1-800-407-5776
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:31 AM   #19
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
Nice spoiler, you need fog lights.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #20
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Drop springs, custom wheels (not the OEM 20s), engine bay dress up from showstopper, tinted windows, some other stripes than the rallys (something unique)... I agree the radio is a waste if you are looking for trophies...

CAI would fall in the engine bay dress up, exhaust all sounds so/so on the 6. It isnt that good of a tone when you wind it out.... stick with the factory exhaust.
pretty much anything aftermarket will get you points for a show car. The exhaust note will not effect anything. Also, this statement is FAR from the truth.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #21
marley.
OCD

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoone123 View Post
Nice spoiler, you need fog lights.
I have fog lights, they are tinted black.
marley. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #22
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by marley. View Post
I have fog lights, they are tinted black.
Afterburner tail lights!
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:03 AM   #23
WHIPPLECHARGED

Drives: 2011 1SS
First upgrade on my LS was new rims. Rims are the best way to change the looks of the exterior IMO. I agree with Marley on the LS being a blank canvas. I wanted to keep my payment as low as possible so I would have funds to make it my own.
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #24
Heather

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to Heather Send a message via Yahoo to Heather
Quote:
Originally Posted by priz23 View Post
Agree on the rims, get some 20's with better tires. Take a look at American Racing Torque Thrust 20", they are simply awesome. I've seen a chrome set on a local camaro and its stunning. Probably around 2k for tires and rims

Disagree on sticking with the stock exhaust. Most aftermarket sound better ( I know my flowmasters do), and also look 100x better. Generally you'll get better looking tips, and the mufflers are smaller so they don't stick out like stock. Installed you're looking at 500 to 600 if you do axle back.

Also get the full showstopper treatment for the engine bay, that guy now's how to pull off the wow. Probably looking at 500 to 1000 depending on how crazy you go.

Good luck to you. WIsh I had 4k laying around to pamper my gasoline fed child with.
I just bought the 20" american racing torq thrust in black, plus axle back exhaust from SLP. Cannot wait to see it. Haha

Heather is offline   Reply With Quote