Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-02-2023, 08:01 AM   #43
str8himalaya
A lot to learn!

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
I'll give my .02, which isn't even worth that most likely. I had always wanted a Camaro since my dad had a '67 and '69 that he got rid of before I could drive (probably smart on his end).

I never had the opportunity until I got out of debt (like you said you wanted to do) and even then, I got into trucks pretty heavily. I owned some really nice trucks (brand new Tacoma, tons of mods and a really nice Tundra with a lot of mods as well). What I realized is that neither really did much for me overall. They were GREAT vehicles, but the fact I could sell them for more than I bought them for was a huge factor. When sitting down and thinking about it with both of them, I simply wasn't attached to them, they were a tool that was used to get me to and from work. I loved the Taco as I went on a lot of off-roading trips with it, but ultimately it wasn't right for the family. I always came back to this thought: if I'm going to have something impractical (like a 6"+ lifted truck) that I usually opt not to drive because the other vehicles are easier/more practical to drive, then why have them? When I came to that conclusion, I said to myself "I might as well get something that is really fun for a lot less, like a Camaro".

Bottom line is, if it's your hobby and you love it, stick with it, other opportunities to get out of debt will arise (if you continue to be smart financially). If you don't love it and it does nothing for you, move on and set yourself up for something you REALLY want. I was lucky and blessed to have sold my trucks and didn't lose money on them, actually the opposite. I spent a small fraction of that on my Camaro that I want to make my own, maintenance and all. It was a goal and a dream of mine to have one when I was broke, but who knows how I will feel in 5 years (hell, even 2 years). Only you know what is the right move, don't worry about regret. The responsible thing to do is get out of debt, but if you can do that while keeping the Camaro (which I think you could) then by all means stick with it. You never know what the value is going to do when they stop making them after this year!

Current Mods:
-Spectre CAI
-Straight piped
-Power Wedge
str8himalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 08:13 AM   #44
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8himalaya View Post
I'll give my .02, which isn't even worth that most likely. I had always wanted a Camaro since my dad had a '67 and '69 that he got rid of before I could drive (probably smart on his end).

I never had the opportunity until I got out of debt (like you said you wanted to do) and even then, I got into trucks pretty heavily. I owned some really nice trucks (brand new Tacoma, tons of mods and a really nice Tundra with a lot of mods as well). What I realized is that neither really did much for me overall. They were GREAT vehicles, but the fact I could sell them for more than I bought them for was a huge factor. When sitting down and thinking about it with both of them, I simply wasn't attached to them, they were a tool that was used to get me to and from work. I loved the Taco as I went on a lot of off-roading trips with it, but ultimately it wasn't right for the family. I always came back to this thought: if I'm going to have something impractical (like a 6"+ lifted truck) that I usually opt not to drive because the other vehicles are easier/more practical to drive, then why have them? When I came to that conclusion, I said to myself "I might as well get something that is really fun for a lot less, like a Camaro".

Bottom line is, if it's your hobby and you love it, stick with it, other opportunities to get out of debt will arise (if you continue to be smart financially). If you don't love it and it does nothing for you, move on and set yourself up for something you REALLY want. I was lucky and blessed to have sold my trucks and didn't lose money on them, actually the opposite. I spent a small fraction of that on my Camaro that I want to make my own, maintenance and all. It was a goal and a dream of mine to have one when I was broke, but who knows how I will feel in 5 years (hell, even 2 years). Only you know what is the right move, don't worry about regret. The responsible thing to do is get out of debt, but if you can do that while keeping the Camaro (which I think you could) then by all means stick with it. You never know what the value is going to do when they stop making them after this year!
I really like what you said its a very true statement. ive had tons of various custom cars from a 70 chevelle 95 impala 83 el camino 84 el camino 90 k5 04 avalanche 2500 just to name a few made money on everyone i sold. In 2010 my dad rented me a synergy green camaro and i had fallen in love. But with all the other toys and debts i had i was not able to buy one. I lost me dad in 2021 and in 2022 i finally was able to get me that green camaro i always wanted. to me ill never get rid of it but im also lucky to be debt free if got in a jam i would consider it but to me the camaro was always a dream and im glad i can live that dream good luck in what you choose.
Old 06-04-2023, 09:13 PM   #45
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
I’m on the fence
I really want a 16-19 CTS-V or a CT5-V blackwing
But every time I drive my 1le and all the work I put into her plus the parts I have sitting in my garage. I think differently
She puts a smile on my face every time!!!
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 11:01 PM   #46
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
I know I’m biased, but as bad ass as this car looks there’s no way in hell I would trade it off unless it was for another very specific 5th Gen.
Attached Images

ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 07:34 AM   #47
LS3M6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
I say don't sell it. Lovin the clutch pics by the way
LS3M6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 03:46 PM   #48
Mauimax3
Mauimax3

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
hmm

The only way I would part ways with Virginia May is for a 16 or newer Z06....but if that never happens I'm fine with my girl.
Attached Images

Magnuson Supercharger, ZL-1 Fuel Pump, Kenny Belle Boost-a-Pump, Kook's LongTube, BTR Stage II, Trunion upgrade, ATI Superdampner, Nick Williams 102mm, Elite Eng. Can, Borla ATAK exhaust w/flow thru cats, CAI box. BMR Suspension upgrades. Dr Phil tuned.
Mauimax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 01:17 PM   #49
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauimax3 View Post
The only way I would part ways with Virginia May is for a 16 or newer Z06....but if that never happens I'm fine with my girl.
Yes sir, she's a great looking Camaro!! And as I always tell ya, diggin those Hex Vents!! Wish I would have kept mine.
Old 06-15-2023, 01:25 PM   #50
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I had the urge for a bit. It went away. (the urge, not the Camaro!)
Old 06-15-2023, 01:31 PM   #51
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I had the urge for a bit. It went away. (the urge, not the Camaro!)
lol. Loose that urge!!
Old 06-15-2023, 05:46 PM   #52
Mauimax3
Mauimax3

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Yes sir, she's a great looking Camaro!! And as I always tell ya, diggin those Hex Vents!! Wish I would have kept mine.
Thanks brother…..
Magnuson Supercharger, ZL-1 Fuel Pump, Kenny Belle Boost-a-Pump, Kook's LongTube, BTR Stage II, Trunion upgrade, ATI Superdampner, Nick Williams 102mm, Elite Eng. Can, Borla ATAK exhaust w/flow thru cats, CAI box. BMR Suspension upgrades. Dr Phil tuned.
Mauimax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 05:09 PM   #53
Rift417
Corvette Owner

Drives: 2019 Corvette Stingray 1LT
Sold my gen 5 last month, I miss it a LOT, especially since it was my first car. Gen 5 Camaros are one of the BEST looking cars out there. Hold onto her for a while!
Old 06-17-2023, 09:23 PM   #54
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
I was? But no longer. Now it sits as a toy of nothingness. Don’t really care about it per se? But no point in selling it. I have a feeling these models will be sought after in time becasue high mileage ones will get crushed soon. Not to say we’ll get $100k for them? But I’d imagine in time they’ll be like $60k with inflation for a 2SS in a few yrs

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 09:37 AM   #55
Tony-8

Drives: 2014 Camaro RRM 2SS RS, M6 LS3 Vert
Can't do it, Sally.

It's different for each person and each car, so you either can, or you know you can't. And sometimes you learn the hard way, like after our third child was born and I reluctantly traded my '77 Camaro, which I bought new, for a Chevy Malibu station wagon. I wanted to jump out a window the next day when the reality set in on what I had done.

I'm connected to this car like I was that '77, so unless my brain chemistry changes my perception, she won't be going anywhere until I'm gone. The toughest part will be deciding which of my 5 kids or 8 grandkids will get it.
Old 06-29-2023, 11:39 PM   #56
Miami_SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
Personally, no urge here to sell. Probably my last “fun” car.
Agree! 👍🏾
Miami_SS is offline   Reply With Quote