Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-20-2018, 01:01 PM   #43
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
I find it easier to just shop Dealers online - you eliminate 90% of the hassle
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:30 PM   #44

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Other than Becky, why are 99.99% of dealer sales-"persons" male, and never a female in sight?....Is it that male sales people have an easier time lying and screwing customers over financially?....

Show me a dealer that has a crew of attractive females selling cars, and I'll show you the number one in sales dealership...lol...Real Estate is loaded with attractive female agents, why not for cars?

The average male car salesman looks like a parolee from a gypsy circus.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:27 PM   #45
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Other than Becky, why are 99.99% of dealer sales-"persons" male, and never a female in sight?....Is it that male sales people have an easier time lying and screwing customers over financially?....

Show me a dealer that has a crew of attractive females selling cars, and I'll show you the number one in sales dealership...lol...Real Estate is loaded with attractive female agents, why not for cars?

My guess is because of the associated stereotypes; one is "The Home" and the other is "It's Mechanical".

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:37 PM   #46
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
No matter what, I think we can all agree on who our favorite car salesman of all time is!

UNCLE BOBBY B BABY!
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:52 PM   #47
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

Not trying to start any sort of debate..

But I think dealerships don't have many female salesmen because a good amount of Americans view women as less trustworthy and knowledgeable about cars. Therefore less likely to take them seriously and buy a car from them.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:03 AM   #48
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:

there is a Used Car Dealer in St Pete that has a all-female staff. I don't think they do any better than other places.

I've known a few Female Car Salespeople, but I got the feeling that they didn't like the good old boy mentality.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:03 AM   #49
Silverwing

Drives: Yellow 2018 SS
Didn't read the whole thread, but I wanted to share my experience.

The TLR summary is: Found a 2018 1SS in white about 2 hours away from me, advertised 33K. I got there and it became 41k and the sales person was non-stop "We are losing money selling you this car for 41k." I literally laughed and went to get my 2018 1SS from a local dealer for 35k. It's crazy how stupid they think we are.
Silverwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:22 PM   #50
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Had to shower twice when I got home yesterday... went to a Honda dealership in Hemet, CA. They had a used Chevy on the lot that we were interested in.

Now, I was pre- approved through my credit union... I had a letter from the credit union stating that I had was financing the car though them, and that I was pre- approved to spent up to $20,000... $20,000 of the credit union's money.

"Jonathan" was our salesperson. He seemed nice enough--- at first--- even if he was continuously repeating the same platitudes, over and over... it was evident that he was nervous, and we suspected that this may have been his first day on the job... we might even have been his first customers ever. But... that's just speculation.

We checked the car out (a 2016 Equinox, not that it matters). We liked it, we liked the price. We went inside to talk details.

We did a little of the annoying- but- standard haggling. We agreed on $18,000. I produced my documents of pre- approval.

Jonathan then went to work with the paperwork... this required a lot of personal information from me... to include my having to provide personal references, family AND non- family, along with phone numbers and physical addresses. I pointed out-- a number of times--- that I was pre- approved through my credit union, and that my vehicle would be financed through them... but Jonathan said that it was all about Homeland Security requirements that require checking every car buyer against the terrorist watchlist. I was skeptical, but warily played along.

Finally, Jonathan went in to "talk to his manager," of course. A few minutes later, Jonathan returned with a number of financing options and numbers and monthly payment options (all of which were f'ing ridiculous, rates/ payments that I would never pay). I was incredulous... I explained AGAIN that I was financing the car thought my credit union. I have already discussed interest rates, terms, payments, everything with my credit union. I am not financing through the dealership... Well, Jonathan explained, yes, but "we still have to arrange the terms and the loan through us... the letter just basically means that your credit qualifies you to finance through us."

I said I was done... I demanded that they return my letter of pre- approval, and told ol' boy that we'd be going to a dealership that was able to grasp the concept of how pre- approval works. Jonathan rushed off to "get the letter."

Jonathan's manager finally emerged, and asked what the problem was. I explained it loudly, and clearly... there wasn't any question about my state of agitation. The manager simply said, "Okay, fine, we can do this for you, you're pre- approved, the car is yours, sorry about the trouble." We shook hands, the deal was done.

Now, between you and me, C5, I am NOT really familiar with how the pre- approval process works. I've purchased many cars, but have always either paid cash, or financed through the dealership. This was my first time with a pre- approval letter.

Was I correct in thinking that Jonathan was full of crap... either utterly incompetent, or just lying through his teeth? Was there any reason to collect my financial/ personal information? Was there a reason to present the financing options to me?
Obviously, the guy was new, doing what his manager was telling him to do. So cut him a little slack in that regard. The bastard was the sales MANAGER. Any YOU should not be giving any information under the guise of "Homeland Security" bullshit. What the hell does that have to do with buying a car? You're not flying a plane. NEVER give information if you were already preapproved. I would have said I did all that at the credit union, let me see your manager.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote