Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #13287
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Off topic....

Texas... May... you.... G8... be... there....
I will try my best!

So have y'all come up with a rotation or is it going to keep bouncing around?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #13288
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I can see those other items as options.... But folding rear seat?!?! Really GM????
One of those things that make you scratch your head.

Like why you need to get the available 20 inch wheels to get the adaptive cruise control on Impala.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #13289
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I will try my best!

So have y'all come up with a rotation or is it going to keep bouncing around?
Lol....

The force is strong with this one... The honest answer is, No.

"bigger picture"

LMAO
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #13290
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Lol....

The force is strong with this one... The honest answer is, No.

"bigger picture"

LMAO
I see what you did there.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #13291
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Nice to finally meet you in person brother!
Same here Chris, thanks for all your hard work at the fest!! I really enjoyed myself.

Here is the very quiet Z/28
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #13292
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Ok so as far as the rear folding seat, apparently GM copied the BMW 3 Series to the T. BMW does the same. So instead of standing out..............they copied to their detriment.

It is not really fair to compare the ATS "base" model with an Audi S4. But initial observations are pretty easy.

1 - the 4 cylinder sounds exactly like..........................a 4 cylinder. Of course the Audi A6 I had as loaner a few months back was awesomely quiet until you used your right foot on the right pedal. And what you heard was a 4 cylinder.

2 - Silly things that you would have thought were standard aren't. Folding rear seat, rear back up sensors (although the CUE gives you a big backup camera), leather. But all of that can be had with the Luxury package for (drum role) $4000 premium.

3 - It drives, rides and handles superbly. Just not as good as the S4. And the 2.0T is simply never going to keep pace or feel as good as the torque monster 3.0 SC engine in the Audi.

4- For all those counting on the Alpha platform generating the NG Camaro, it does feel lighter. But not in a good way. Not in a bad way mind you but it just doesn't stack up to the S4 which weighs almost 400 pounds more feels more solid. A LOT more solid. That may not matter to most here, but it's a big deal for me. I'll take the weight for the feel of solidity (is that a word?).

5 - CUE is pretty cool. Audi can't compete here. The cluster and radio display (we didn't get NAV on the ATS) are clearly better on the Cadillac. The overall interior is equal, but that is simply weighing the plusses and minuses comparing the two. For example the Audi has brushed metal trim pieces on all the switches. From the seat controls to the windows, the Audi has that extra touch.

6 - and a big difference, the Cadillac has covered maintenance for the balance of the warranty. That will save a bunch more.

7 - Audi is home of the $2,000 brake job. No matter what that will hurt. Audi will NOT turn a rotor. Rotors are required for any brake job.

8- Size matters. The ATS is smaller and feels smaller. The reason we bought the S4 in the first place was lack of trunk space and that still holds true. The bigger issue is frankly a carry over from the Camaro (and other GM cars) the high belt line and slammed roof that look awesome on outside make for an inferior car on the inside. I hope GM learns this lesson and QUICKLY. The Audi just feels a bit roomier. I hit my head on the roof getting in the back seat of the ATS (slammed roof) and with the sunroof, my head fits in a pocket in the headliner. Lean forward though and my head hits the trim. OUCH!!!!! GM has a long way to go here. Problem is the working people I know "get it". The decision makers on the other hand....................don't. GM needs to realize the road to riches and huge sales is not based with cars that look awesome but are compromised packages for the driver and passengers. Come on GM. I know it's only my opinion but I believe you can make a car that is outstanding for styling ANNNNND packaging. I know it can be done and I know you have people that can do it.

Quick summary, GM is there with the ATS. It won't compete with the S4 until the V and then it will easily surpass it. Audi does not bring in the RS4 today. Only in the coupe. The ATS is a beautiful car and it does many things very, very well. And most of my complaints would be fixed by simply buying the higher trim levels. But the biggest issues won't be. The overall packaging space, trunk space are architectural and can't be fixed. I am very happy to be able to drive both of these awesome cars. But I also cant wait for the rumored V series.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #13293
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Biggest reason for non-folding rear seats, in "premium" vehicles? Structural rigidity. Fewer squeaks/rattles, long-term, too.

Wanna folding seat (if available - some don't offer it, other than a pass-thru)? Pay, baby, pay.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #13294
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...when is this wagon train ever coming east coast....like Northeast....really...

Last edited by OldScoolCamaro; 08-06-2013 at 10:22 PM.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #13295
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Too quiet in The House. What is up folks?
Old 08-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #13296
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
No comments on my quiet z video.... maybe it put everyone to sleep.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #13297
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
No comments on my quiet z video.... maybe it put everyone to sleep.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I don't think that is it. Still the Z. Long live the king , baby!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #13298
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I need to hide in here for a minute...

This was the best run fest by far... and some people... very few, but the loud few just have to have something to complain about... and some of them are lying through their teeth....

I look forward to the "man it would be cool if you guys could fix..." or it would really be helpful if you guys could..."

the event was not perfect...

I feel like there are a few that give no consideration as to why it is the way it as and are just pissed it wasn't the way they wanted it...

I should have thicker skin by now....

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #13299
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
I need to hide in here for a minute...

This was the best run fest by far... and some people... very few, but the loud few just have to have something to complain about... and some of them are lying through their teeth....

I look forward to the "man it would be cool if you guys could fix..." or it would really be helpful if you guys could..."

the event was not perfect...

I feel like there are a few that give no consideration as to why it is the way it as and are just pissed it wasn't the way they wanted it...

I should have thicker skin by now....

You know that no matter what you do someone will feel slighted somehow. The food the weather gas wasn't close enough hotel choices wee to expensive or too cheap you shouldn't do Indy two years Ina row like that should have been Mid Ohio blah blah blahhhhhhh. I wasn't even there and I know the effort and passion you guys put into it.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #13300
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
You know that no matter what you do someone will feel slighted somehow. The food the weather gas wasn't close enough hotel choices wee to expensive or too cheap you shouldn't do Indy two years Ina row like that should have been Mid Ohio blah blah blahhhhhhh. I wasn't even there and I know the effort and passion you guys put into it.
I missed ...

..You...!!!

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014