Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #2927
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,806
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Here it is.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150253

Oh, damn. You have 22 posts. But it could be after the discovery.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #2928
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,828
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I think you were on your mini haiatus.

Actually, I said I suspected a header leak but dismissed it when the bolts were all tight.

My next step was going to be to swap the gaskets but then I decided what a great excuse for a cam.

Let me try and find the thread.

Might have been my blower install thread.
ah...yeah... I was "gone" for a while... but I thought I posted something early in the thread

another reason you should just live closer to me...lol

oh... does this still hold true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
You post it, I'll do it.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #2929
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,806
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
ah...yeah... I was "gone" for a while... but I thought I posted something early in the thread

another reason you should just live closer to me...lol

oh... does this still hold true?
Dude. Totally sorry on this one. I absolutely got this wrong.

600+ posts in that thread and here is your first post.

Post #5 in the 600+ post thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
gotta be an exhaust leak.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #2930
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,806
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
OMG, going back reading I just totaly missed that post. I quoted everyone but you.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #2931
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,828
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Dude. Totally sorry on this one. I absolutely got this wrong.

600+ posts in that thread and here is your first post.

Post #5 in the 600+ post thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
OMG, going back reading I just totaly missed that post. I quoted everyone but you.

funny how that happens. at least you didnt read it then ignore it completely...
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #2932
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,806
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post




funny how that happens. at least you didnt read it then ignore it completely...
Your next post was over a week and 8 pages later when I assume you figured SURELY we MUST have ruled out the exhaust leak. LOL
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #2933
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,828
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Your next post was over a week and 8 pages later when I assume you figured SURELY we MUST have ruled out the exhaust leak. LOL
I wanna say that I also counted out the exhaust leak (I remember talking on the phone to you about it) because of something you did/tested/etc
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #2934
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,806
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
I wanna say that I also counted out the exhaust leak (I remember talking on the phone to you about it) because of something you did/tested/etc
Oh, shit. I remember. If I recall I told you I was going to replace the gaskets. Because I was going to. But then I said screw it I'm gonna just use this as an excuse to get a cam.

My car still dies from time to time though. Just the cam I suppose.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:38 AM   #2935
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,828
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Oh, shit. I remember. If I recall I told you I was going to replace the gaskets. Because I was going to. But then I said screw it I'm gonna just use this as an excuse to get a cam.

My car still dies from time to time though. Just the cam I suppose.

lmao

does it die when its in park? or in gear?

if its in gear... then you need a stall...
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #2936
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
...you need a stall...
Fixed.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #2937
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,828
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Fixed.
No... actually he doesn't need a stall or a trans cooler at all















































***says that in the hopes that Randy won't listen to me... again and will do the opposite of what I suggest***
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #2938
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
No... actually he doesn't need a stall or a trans cooler at all


***says that in the hopes that Randy won't listen to me... again and will do the opposite of what I suggest***

I love PQsychology...
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #2939
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,806
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
lmao

does it die when its in park? or in gear?

if its in gear... then you need a stall...
It only stalls when I put it in reverse and back up and go to shift into drive. At that spot where I shift from 'R' to 'D' with my foot still on the brake it stalls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Fixed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
***says that in the hopes that Randy won't listen to me... again and will do the opposite of what I suggest***
I was kinda thinking about getting a stall and a trans cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I love PQsychology...


Actually, now that I will have good wheels and tires, it may now be time for a stall. And a little regret not getting a bigger cam.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #2940
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,828
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
It only stalls when I put it in reverse and back up and go to shift into drive. At that spot where I shift from 'R' to 'D' with my foot still on the brake it stalls.
probably just low idle condition with the lope of the cam mixed in with the trans pump redirecting fluid when transferring gears.

about how long would you say you wait after backing up to go from R to D? are you still moving slightly? do you just flick the shifter back to D and go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I was kinda thinking about getting a stall and a trans cooler.
NOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Don't do that...


Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Actually, now that I will have good wheels and tires, it may now be time for a stall. And a little regret not getting a bigger cam.
I vaguely remember telling you to go bigger than what you had at the time...
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 12:25 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 06:08 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 05:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.